Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    It allows the current to flow through the C and the E, but I have a feeling the current from the B also flows out the E, because the current at the E = the current at the C + the current at the B.

I think we're the victims of GCSE over-simplification again because they don't tell us what happens to the current at the B.
    Wait, so does the base current only act as a gate allowing current to flow from the collector to the emitter (rather than the base sending a current to both the emitter and collector)?

Yeah, can't wait until the physics exam is over tomorrow- no more simplification (on the same scale) at A Level! :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Last years exam..137... Oh I might need a very low A:dontknow::smug::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case I'll (approximately) need a high-A to a low-A* (l'evil ) for my A* overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Well I thought chem was too easy but yeah probably
    Think I got over 70 in chem so I should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Wait, so does the base current only act as a gate allowing current to flow from the collector to the emitter (rather than the base sending a current to both the emitter and collector)?

Yeah, can't wait until the physics exam is over tomorrow- no more simplification (on the same scale) at A Level! :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah think of it that way, that's good! It metaphorically opens a gate for the current to flow through the C and the E - but don't forget, the current supplied to the B also flows out the E.

We're doing almost identical A levels (I think they actually are identical:confused:) so I'll see you on the future threads and we can enjoy the better explained stuff together

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine:

|/
    |\

The | bits, are the base, imagine there's no gap between those two || lines... Now when there's a small current, it pushed it connecting the emitter and.collecter. Or the \ and /

ReputationRep:
    These boundaries are gonna be incredibly low... I'd say 50 an A* is very likely

I mean even us here were struggling with P6
    50 seems high!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    hahahahahaha yes. :confused:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    So im thinking this is everyones last exam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In that case I'll (approximately) need a high-A to a low-A* (l'evil ) for my A* overall
    I see, thanks- that's it for my last minute revision today

We're both taking the same A levels (I remember talking about it on the chemistry thread)- the only subject where we're on different exam boards is physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Imagine:

|/
    |\

The | bits, are the base, imagine there's no gap between those two || lines... Now when there's a small current, it pushed it connecting the emitter and.collecter. Or the \ and /
    That's an interesting way of explaining it- but it makes more sense now, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So im thinking this is everyones last exam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Na, L'Evil Fish and I both have statistics a week later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    50 seems high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I meant sub 50
    That's an interesting way of explaining it- but it makes more sense now, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Np!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I've completely finished the CGP question booklet!

My weakest topics are definitely the motor/generator/EM induction ones, they're the most abstract topics so they're harder to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I've completely finished the CGP question booklet!

My weakest topics are definitely the motor/generator/EM induction ones, they're the most abstract topics so they're harder to understand.
    I think mine are lens' and stuff...capacitors

Im going to go over it all now

I dont think the "have a good nighys sleep before the night of your exam" makes a difference to me :smug::mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't be bothered to give a full response but this is what is include -
    Light- transverse wave with the particles vibrating at 90 degrees to the direction of the wave
    Sound- longitudinal wave with particles vibrating parallel to the directions of the wave

Light- longer the wavelength, the lower the frequency. This wave carries less energy but can be used in communications.
    Sound- shorter wavelength, high the frequency so the wave carries more energy and can be used in medical applications- eg ultrasound

Amplitude- only affects sound waves (I think)- higher amplitude results in a louder sound

Light waves can travel through vacuum and moves as an EM wave. Sound can't travel through vacuum and moves as vibrating particles containing compressions and rarefactions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a great question, I hope it comes up! I wrote 2/3rds of a sheet of A4 and still had loads more to write about :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I think mine are lens' and stuff...capacitors

Im going to go over it all now

I dont think the "have a good nighys sleep before the night of your exam" makes a difference to me :smug::mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me neither, as long as I have coffee in the morning I'll be ready and raring to go!

ReputationRep:

Amplitude- only affects sound waves (I think)- higher amplitude results in a louder sound

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a higher amplitude means the wave has more energy, so for light it might make it brighter

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go to sleep now. Good Luck to everyone for the exam!! Thanks everyone for the help in all the sciences

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.