ReputationRep:
    Do CIE release boundaries? I do English with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Do CIE release boundaries? I do English with them
    Not until tomorrow I do CIE IGCSE French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    They look on the high side to me compared to last June. I think a lot of people may have found it easy hence the grade boundaries are so high. I think they're reasonable overall but I don't expect a high percentage of people getting A*s in science this year. But we'll have to see. If your previous modules were good then you've got nothing to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, I didn't find them too taxing so hoping for the best, thanks

ReputationRep:
    EDEXCEL MUSIC. WHY? WHY DID YOU RAISE THE ALREADY HIGH COURSEWORK BOUNDARIES? WHY? WHY DID YOU HAVE RIDICULOUS EXAM BOUNDARIES? WHY? Oh, I'll shut up, they aren't listening.

On the bright side, AQA triple science was lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have used the links to find the boundaries for further maths aqa igcse level 2 certificate, but there are only numbers for A^, A and C in the marks breakdown from the two papers (shaded areas).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...50952593,d.d2k

I know the totals are given for the two papers for grades and that there's no UMS as it's non unitised/ non modular.
    Can anyone throw any light onto why there's no two paper split figures for the grades A* and B?
    Thanks.
    (I have calculated 'best fit' based on 40/60 split for the two papers and applied this to the total for the boundaries A* as roughly 47/71 and B as 24/36 for the two papers respectively - any thoughts?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catfish1311)
    EDEXCEL MUSIC. WHY? WHY DID YOU RAISE THE ALREADY HIGH COURSEWORK BOUNDARIES? WHY? WHY DID YOU HAVE RIDICULOUS EXAM BOUNDARIES? WHY? Oh, I'll shut up, they aren't listening.

I thought the Music boundaries were very high too, even for the exam component.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foilgrass)
    gonna get at least 8A*s
    WHY THE NEG??? true

ReputationRep:
    Thank god, I thought that they were a lot higher for my exam. I'll be able to sleep tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Not long now.

So glad I have managed to get my results emailed rather than having to go into school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlecRobertson)
    Not long now.

So glad I have managed to get my results emailed rather than having to go into school.
    Going into school for them is the exciting part! ;3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catfish1311)

Same problem here with OCR music. I feel your pain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator95)
    Is this for ocr and wat is the grade boundaries
    Yes, I can only remember A* boundaries if that helps:
    Controlled Assessment 44/50
    Paper 1 International Relations with USA 1919-41 62/81
    Paper 2 Britain 1890-1918: Liberal Reforms sources 42/53
    Hope that helps!
    The others are on the website- link at the start of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    this is what I was like!!! and the speaking thing is out of 60 not 100, I'm so confused
    I read somewhere that for maths at least they take an average, but 88% of 90 is 79.2 so it would make no sense. I didn't do the speaking as I did it in yr12 (school doesnt do spanish) and couldnt be botherednto find a teacher. How did you find the listening and reading/writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateox)
    Okay thank you!:')
    It's okay Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think the OCR 21st centrury science boundaries are ridiculously low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    Anyone else think the OCR 21st centrury science boundaries are ridiculously low?
    They always have been, but then you lose marks for not using buzzwords and thinking outside the box/with knowledge not explicitly on the syllabus/not doing things in the expected model answer type way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsKid)
    They always have been, but then you lose marks for not using buzzwords and thinking outside the box/with knowledge not explicitly on the syllabus/not doing things in the expected model answer type way.
    Right, but 34/60 for an A* in Physics 4,5,6? I think 57% is far too low for any exam, even with stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    Yes, I am now at the point that I only need a low C to get an A* in core, not complaining though. Need a low B for an A* in AddSci. A grand total of 39% raw marks. If I do well tomorrow I shall return to complain. :ahee: Never know though, I talked about passenger pigeons as an example of how humans affect the environment lol, only when I left the exam hall did I realise I should have discussed carbon emissions etc. I hope I get the mark, I'm not wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries are for chemistry Unit 1, 2&3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame WJEC haven't released theirs yet, most of mine are with them! :mad: On the other hand though, AQA Geography A looks very low, perhaps making up for last year's horrific paper, asking things not on the spec and whatnot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.