Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating". - Karl Von Clausewitz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You talk to yourself a lot (in the privacy of your mind) which is why it is important that you aren't saying too many negative things about yourself, to yourself.

Too many people, me included, just beat themselves up about every little thing or just continually remind themselves of their faults and never once stop to congratulate themselves or say 'you did a good job there buddy'.

Instead it's always 'why didn't I think of that beforehand?' or 'why am I so rubbish at everything?' or 'no matter how hard I try why does everyone else seem to do better than me?'. It's good to want to improve/better yourself but if you're constantly beating yourself up and criticising what you are/ aren't you'll find it incredibly difficult to ever be content.

You could get into a mindset which asks 'why bother doing anything?' because you feel you're just going to fail at it anyway

Also, when you do achieve something really spectacular you might just shake it off saying 'well anyone could do it' or 'so and so did it but did it better etc'

It's hard to really live a purposeful life when you think like that so yeah you might not be the best by any means but don't put yourself down every single day and just try to give yourself a pat on the back every now and then/ a little encouragement. If you believe internally that you're rubbish/ not as good as anyone else then whenever anyone makes a little comment or puts you down it is really going to eat you up inside and destroy any confidence you had. That's why it's so important that when you speak to yourself in your mind at least some of what you say is positive and encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    You probably don't realise it but there are quite a lot of people out there that need you, no matter how insignificant you feel/ think you are.

Whether it's just talking to someone when they're down, giving someone a helping hand or even just smiling at someone who thinks the world is against them. Sometimes it seems so little to us but it really means a lot to them.

ReputationRep:
    should have posted this on Sunday

"Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a noble and lovable and generous benefactor someone might even dare to die.
    But God shows and clearly proves His love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5 vs 7-8

ReputationRep:
    and this

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" -Psalm 23:4

ReputationRep:
    "No matter how slow you go , you are still lapping everybody on the couch" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    "The trouble is, you think you have time" - Buddha

ReputationRep:
    ^right I think I will leave it there

I don't post everyday on this anymore, it's more likely to be every 2/3 days or maybe even longer but will still be posting some 'wise' stuff/ advice/stuff I've learnt/still learning etc so still scroll through if when ever you need a dose of 'wise words' and still post if you like

ReputationRep:
    Time is of the essence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    with every minute that passes and every day that goes by we're one step closer to death.

Make the most of your time- don't waste it with people that tell you you're no good or that you can't. More importantly don't waste your time being bitter or worrying about things . As the poster above so right says - time is of the essence. Time is also very precious so appreciate the lives of those around you and don't take your life for granted because it's a fact that we wont live forever.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes inspiration can come from the strangest places.

ReputationRep:
    In order to grow as individuals sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zone.

ReputationRep:
    "The best way to understand people is to listen to them" -Ralph Nichols

ReputationRep:
    If someone knocks you down try like you've never tried before to muster up any little bit of strength you have inside of you to somehow get back up. The process might be painfully slow and even when you do manage to start getting back up you might be inches from the ground but it doesn't matter- the important thing is that you've started to get back up. Don't give them the victory of keeping you down. Whatever you do you mustn't stay down; only dead people stay down.

ReputationRep:
    "Others might create more problems in your life than you'd like, but that's how it goes sometimes. Let others do their thing and just try to focus on yourself"

ReputationRep:
    "Be careful who you trust"

ReputationRep:
    There are some things which come easily and others which you've got to fight for

ReputationRep:
    stop worrying about what you have to loose and start focusing on what you have to gain

ReputationRep:
    "Holy crap CasualSoul has some sort of obsession with quotations"

- Me

ReputationRep:
    Stop focusing on what you don't have and start focusing on what you have and what you might want to have

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.