The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladder1234
Yeah I did that too, the calculation was worded so badly I didn't know whether they wanted the new Real GDP or the amount that it increased by in 2011! After reading it like 10 times I said it increased by 75bn euros, as it said in 2011 it increased by 3%. But some people were saying they added the 75bn on to the 2010 Real GDP. so annoying.

it was 75bn
Reply 541
Original post by lad-man
Did context B and essay questions 7 and 8. Went well though I think I messed up the calculation question what did everybody get

I think i got 2350 billion euros, think that's wrong though
Reply 542
Isn't the UK already a member of the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 543
Original post by kieronspitter

Posted from TSR Mobile

to some extent yeah- trade wise.. but we have our independent Monetary Policy and Fiscal one

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is it was asking if uk should stay in eu
Reply 545
Original post by kelbel1
It was! Love how everyone thought exchange rates and Globalisation were the hot favourites - wrong! Funny how many people at my college commented on me being on TSR today before the exam haha! Hope everyone thought it was okay :smile:

I told many in my school to expect either Exchange Rates or Current Account and possibly Unemployment .. Got lots of thankyous ha
Was a nice Paper, which questions did you do and how did you find it?
Reply 546
Original post by ladder1234
Yeah I did that too, the calculation was worded so badly I didn't know whether they wanted the new Real GDP or the amount that it increased by in 2011! After reading it like 10 times I said it increased by 75bn euros, as it said in 2011 it increased by 3%. But some people were saying they added the 75bn on to the 2010 Real GDP. so annoying.

Yeah that's what my friends did they added 75bn to it because its economic growth still but at a slower rate. Like an idiot I rushed it and actually wrote a decrease of 15 bn . not too worries though only 1 or 2 marks dropped

Posted from TSR Mobile
The calculation for section A was 0.09 x 27,000,000 = 2,430,000

Anyone else get this?
Original post by newenglandpats
it was 75bn

Cheers man, you sure?
Reply 549
Good paper but messed the calculation up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolStoryBroo

Anyone else get this?

I got 2.43million so yep
Reply 551
Original post by lidiya
Did the EU question:
1. UK will benefit of the EU because of the export led multiplier, trade creation (diagram), fiscal rules, exports.

2. UK will not benefit- because of the rise in budget deficits, the rise in unemployment in greeece and spain, the fact that EU is over concerned with inflation will damage growth and employment (Phillips curve). The fiscal rule will reduce confidence in businesses will lead to a fall in growth..
3. Overall: UK will be better if they join the EU in the short term.. but in the long-term trade off will occur-inflation and unemployment and so on.. and said that UK will better generate Economic Growth with the aid of supply side policies..

Anyone put that??

I talked about trade creation and a possible export led multiplier then said the fiscal austerity in the EU causes less confidence and investment for the EU that will have negative effect for the UK.as evaluation I said the UK should focus on Keynesian policy to create strong economic growth. Your points are good too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 552
Original post by newenglandpats
yeah it is it was asking if uk should stay in eu

Original post by lidiya
to some extent yeah- trade wise.. but we have our independent Monetary Policy and Fiscal one

I thought the question more asking whether the EU is the UKs best hope of economic growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 553
Uk are already in the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554

Anyone else get this?

Yeah, I just put 2.43 mill.. did you put population change/economic growth/externalities for the things that need to be taken into account for the standard of living?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the question more asking whether the EU is the UKs best hope of economic growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but u could argue if they should leave as an alternative i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. It didn't ask about whether we should stay in EU. It asked whether the EU is the "UKs best hope of economic growth".
You could have still argued that UKs best policy for economic growth would be to leave the EU and focus on exporting to the emerging economies. I think there were a few ways to tackle the question but as long as you related your points back to it and actually answered the question then you shouldn't worry what other people put.

Anybody do Essay 2 on Section B? (BoTG deficit)
Reply 558

Anyone else get this?

yeahhhhh, thought it was a nice paper. context 1 was rather good

gonna flop my physics exam on thursday though. ffs
Did Context 1 and inflation question.

Inflation essay was fairly decent. Context 1, found kinda hard.

Quick Reply

Latest