Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Sandro would reduce the lad.
    From the treatment table?

ReputationRep:
    Sandro would reduce the lad.
    Could get Mertesacker involved. He could do some serious damage after a few lemonades down the bierkeller

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Bayern Munich have signed Mario Gotze

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Apparently Bayern Munich have signed Mario Gotze

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently so. It's circulating around twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    I love it when you turn up in this thread. You always leave a post which makes me proud to be a Gooner.
    Robin will get hell of a reception next weekend, but then he knew that when he released his statement and when he signed that contract. He knew what it meant to us but he did it anyway so I can't have any sympathy for him while he's wearing that shirt. But there was a look in his eyes tonight that in a strange way, seeing it reminded me of a reason I am proud to be a Gooner.

While it's not the same situation, like Henry professional ambition has made Robin force a move out of the club, but his heart has not truly left. Just like players throughout the years like Rice, Brady, Wilson, Dixon and even the modern 'foreign mercenaries' to an extent like Bergkamp, Fabregas and Eduardo, there is a love for this club that exists beyond a playing contract that speaks of it being a fantastic place to play your football. To me, that is just as important as trophies as it continues our tradition of Arsenal FC being a very special place in the world of football and that's why I love it.

did anyone see Evra mocking suarez :rofl: hahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    Yeah, "on our day." Thing is, in recent seasons, it hasn't been "our day" on a consistent enough basis. Don't get me wrong here: I'm not trying to put us down or be negative - I think it's remarkable that we've managed to stay relatively competitive given the monumental changes the club has undergone these past ten or so years. I'm simply - and I hope this doesn't too portentous - addressing the reality of our current situation. And the reality is that we're 21 points behind the league champions, still unsure as to whether we'll be playing Champions League football next season. So, realistically, I don't think that's a gap we're going to overcome by having one good transfer window. I do believe that among the current squad we have the makings of a title-winning side - Wilshere, of course, being the primary candidate - but it's going to take time: as I said, a couple of seasons. In the meantime, if we can win a few cups en route, then I'll genuinely be ecstatic. Up The Arsenal!
    True, the nature in which we drop points in sometimes makes me wonder what could have been. Most of them can be traced back to ridiculous individual errors than other team don't seem to suffer in such a fashion. Reliving Vermaelen of the captaincy was a step in the right direction, he looks like a man under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest Mario Goetze was never going to sign for us. But on a serious note I looked on Guillem Balague's Twitter and apparently Lewandowski has also agreed a deal with an unknown club. I love watching Dortmund they're like a German version of us in some ways. I wonder what this means for Jurgen Klopp, I'm guessing in a few seasons as well Reus will probably leave. This is big blow as I love watching Dortmund, Bayern have been doing this snatching players from the smaller clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Re to the youth game last night, thought Martinez was excellent for you. Gnabry looked promising too, wouldn't want to be seeing him in a NLD in a few years' time..

ReputationRep:
    Re to the youth game last night, thought Martinez was excellent for you. Gnabry looked promising too, wouldn't want to be seeing him in a NLD in a few years' time..
    Yeh he played decent. I was quite depressed by last night though. Thought you lot were far better, and a quick look at the u21 league shows Tottenham are by far and the way one of the best teams and we're pretty average. You played with a lot of pace and penetration, I was very impressed. Very depressing day to be a gooner yesterday. Yanited win the league and we lose to you lot (and that's the last time I'll go to Underhill ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Let's be honest Mario Goetze was never going to sign for us. But on a serious note I looked on Guillem Balague's Twitter and apparently Lewandowski has also agreed a deal with an unknown club. I love watching Dortmund they're like a German version of us in some ways. I wonder what this means for Jurgen Klopp, I'm guessing in a few seasons as well Reus will probably leave. This is big blow as I love watching Dortmund, Bayern have been doing this snatching players from the smaller clubs.
    I thought Götze had more class than that.I reckon Dortmund's team is going to get dismantled this summer. I can see Barca going for Hummels, with Lewandowski as good as gone as well. We should try to get Bender 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrick1509)
    I thought Götze had more class than that.I reckon Dortmund's team is going to get dismantled this summer. I can see Barca going for Hummels, with Lewandowski as good as gone as well. We should try to get Bender ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't mind pinching Reus from them, Gotze leaving might leave him wanting to leave :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    anyone else feel a bit disgusted on Dortmund's behalf that Goetze is doing this? He could have at least waited until the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    anyone else feel a bit disgusted on Dortmund's behalf that Goetze is doing this? He could have at least waited until the end of the season.
    Slightly, but I guess this happens in the Bundesliga quite often. I wonder how the fans will react....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Slightly, but I guess this happens in the Bundesliga quite often. I wonder how the fans will react....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'd be gutted, especially considering Goetze and possible Lewandowski didn't need to leave, Dortmund are still competitive so I don't get it. What's the big deal about playing for Bayern?

I would love to get a link to an English Dortmund forum or something like that, just to see what the general reaction from the fans are like.

i'm genuinely shocked, saw the rumours last night but didn't believe, wow !!! Really thought he had more class than that, loyalty really is dying in football if it hasn't already died. This guy is raised from their academy, and snakes them like that going to their rivals, wow! big shame because they had a great project going on.The hub of the team is leaving ,knowing dortmund , give them a couple years, they'll develop their youth facilities or invest the money in some up and coming talent. I really am disgusted by this, honestly.

It also shows that Wenger didn't bid the ridiculous amount for him that was reported, i was hearing 40 mil, if so we would have triggered the release clause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    So this true??? He's supposed to be Dortmund born and bred right? Definitely agree there... No class at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    So this true??? He's supposed to be Dortmund born and bred right? Definitely agree there... No class at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes its true, He's got no class for leaving, at least he could have waited to the end of the season. Dortmund aren't a power in German football like Bayern, I guess that's why their so attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    They'd be gutted, especially considering Goetze and possible Lewandowski didn't need to leave, Dortmund are still competitive so I don't get it. What's the big deal about playing for Bayern?

I would love to get a link to an English Dortmund forum or something like that, just to see what the general reaction from the fans are like.
    I know a few German guys most of them are Bayern fans and one's a Dortmund fan... Let me tell you, they're all in shock lol. But Bayern fans are like united fans, no moral compass, they just need to win everything ha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! A new thread without me knowing! Jk . Anyways, I think we should do the guard of honour(it hurts so much to say this) because we are Arsenal! It is not in our character/DNA to be rude/unprofessional to our rivals Btw, United did the same thing when we won the league

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.