Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR-Ali)
    Congrats to everyone that has got a place so far!

It has definately been an emotional rollercoaster. I got told i was on the reserve list and last week got a call asking if I wanted to be considered for Lancashire council. I said yes and now they have sent me an email inviting me to an 'short' interview.

No idea what to expect! Quite nervous.

Anybody else in the same boat??
    Hi, I have been to one of these and have just got a place. Basically the council get given so many reserve applicants if they have spaces (highest scoring i think) and they want to meet you face to face and check the course is right for you and that you definitely want it and understand what it involves, I.e, relocating, travel, costs, workload etc, well that's what mine was. Then they contacted me/everyone to say whether or not I/everyone else were to be offered a place. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone that has got a place so far!

It has definately been an emotional rollercoaster. I got told i was on the reserve list and last week got a call asking if I wanted to be considered for Lancashire council. I said yes and now they have sent me an email inviting me to an 'short' interview.

No idea what to expect! Quite nervous.

Anybody else in the same boat??
    I have a place in lancashire, good luck when's your interview? Hope all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracey1987)
    Hi I've been offered a place through Learn Together Partnership for the Wirral. Just wondering if anyone else has and if they've heard anything since receiving the conditional offer email?
    Hi Tracey! Which LA will you be based in? I'm looking forward to meeting up with everybody. Can't wait together started!

ReputationRep:
    Oh just noticed u said the Wirral...oops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simply social)
    I have a place in lancashire, good luck when's your interview? Hope all goes well!
    My interview is on 2nd Sept. Thankyou! I really really hope I get it. Fingers, toes everything crossed lol

@ earlyyears1 thanks for that info it really helps! Congrts for getting a place!

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on 2nd Sept. Thankyou! I really really hope I get it. Fingers, toes everything crossed lol

@ earlyyears1 thanks for that info it really helps! Congrts for getting a place!
    Good luck, fingers crossed! Hope to see you soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstonsone)
    Oh just noticed u said the Wirral...oops!
    Me too, really can't wait to get stuck in! I've received an email now about the bursary etc too so feels a bit more real! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracey1987)
    Me too, really can't wait to get stuck in! I've received an email now about the bursary etc too so feels a bit more real! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Hi, congratulations on getting your place. I was just wondering what they said about the bursary, did your email break down the dates and amounts of the payments?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also wondering how the bursary works, is it a set amount or dependant upon circumstances?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca100)
    I'm also wondering how the bursary works, is it a set amount or dependant upon circumstances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,
    From the info we have had I believe that the bursary is paid every 3 months starting in January with each payment being just under £4,000. You will need to contact your tax office with regards to it being tax deductible or not (I think this will depend upon personal circumstances.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovebags)
    Hi,
    From the info we have had I believe that the bursary is paid every 3 months starting in January with each payment being just under £4,000. You will need to contact your tax office with regards to it being tax deductible or not (I think this will depend upon personal circumstances.)
    thats great to know, thanks.
    when I enquired the bursary is tax free and also does not count towards child tax credits as it is a training allowance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovebags)
    Hi,
    Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simply social)
    thats great to know, thanks.
    when I enquired the bursary is tax free and also does not count towards child tax credits as it is a training allowance
    I was hoping that the bursary would be tax free due to it being a training allowance YAY!

It's all starting to feel more real now, it seems a long time since I was filling in the application. We have a meeting scheduled in September so we can meet our fellow candidates and our co-ordinator

So glad I found this thread, it will be good to hear how everyone gets on

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Has anyone hear got a place with the East Midlands partnership? Or maybe just give me some advice!

I got the call a few months ago to say I am provisionally accepted and that I will get an email confirming this and a reference check will be carried out. I didn't get an email so rang penna who said that I have been accepted and references will be chased up soon.

I rang them around 3-4 weeks ago. Still heard nothing. I'm getting concerned as some people have heard about bursaries and meetings in September and I haven't even got a confirmation email!

Anyone else in a similar position?

ReputationRep:
    Got holiday dates but wondering if they are set in stone as wanting to book to go awaynext year! Anyone from greater Manchester going to Do their criminal records check tomorrow?x

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new here.Found this thread while trying to find stuff out for the step up course. I'm 28 with a family and work full time as a senior night support worker in a challenging home for young adults. currently working towards my Level 3 diploma in health and social work which also includes my functional skills in maths and english. but i noticed the 'step up' you need a 1st 2:1 degree in anything. how would i go about doing this you think without having to leave work?? or is what i'm doing enough.i have emailed them to ask for advise but no reply yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDaisy)
    Got holiday dates but wondering if they are set in stone as wanting to book to go awaynext year! Anyone from greater Manchester going to Do their criminal records check tomorrow?x
    Hi just out of interest what are the holiday dates? We haven't received any yet.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Mine are 5 days in April, 2 in July, 2 weeks end of august and 23rd dec-3rd Jan I think x

ReputationRep:
    Just want to book something for the august as I reckon I'm guna need a holiday but worried incase they change it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.