Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum browning)
    You will get 5 marks. One for life expectancy, literacy rate,average income, GNP and per capita. You get a mark for the indicator and a mark for how it's calculated.
    you do? I've done that question before in a past paper and it doesn't mention anything about calculating it.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the name of 4 indicators and how they would show level of development so I basically explained them but I did the economic ones wrong cause I said GDP and how it shows how much money a country is getting and idk if that's actually what it is, then I made up one about income per household which I don't think exists ahaa! The social was fine though, dunno how many marks ill get though.. Also, for scree I made up so many numbers, I said ice expands by 30% and the slope is 45 °, both of which I think are wrong, but other than that it was quite a good paper, so I'm happy with it, rattled out a soil profile in about 3 minutes ahaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    you do? I've done that question before in a past paper and it doesn't mention anything about calculating it.
    You don't have to calculate it, just metion e.g. life expectancy shows the lack of health care etc.

ReputationRep:
    I found the paper pretty good - hopefully that doesn't mean the pass mark was put up

See for the development indicators question, it was worded pretty badly, or the mark allocation was just wrong. Do you think any teachers will complain to the SQA about that (apparently the SQA mucked up in the Higher computing and Int 2 physics papers too so I think teachers will be complaining about that.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katys1996)
    I found the paper pretty good - hopefully that doesn't mean the pass mark was put up

See for the development indicators question, it was worded pretty badly, or the mark allocation was just wrong. Do you think any teachers will complain to the SQA about that (apparently the SQA mucked up in the Higher computing and Int 2 physics papers too so I think teachers will be complaining about that.)
    I don't think it was worded that badly, I think pupils just misinterpreted it because they thought 8 marks for naming indicators? So they just thought they had to explain it, which they didn't! Anyways, they won't get penalised for explaining it or anything. I doubt teachers will complain about it though, it was like the easiest question in the 2 papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    I don't think it was worded that badly, I think pupils just misinterpreted it because they thought 8 marks for naming indicators? So they just thought they had to explain it, which they didn't! Anyways, they won't get penalised for explaining it or anything. I doubt teachers will complain about it though, it was like the easiest question in the 2 papers
    i kinda explained it, i think the question said something along the lines of say why these give different levels of development, so i said what they do.
    Sorry if its been asked but has anyone got a copy of the paper, i wanna see how many marks i think i gots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humza100)
    i kinda explained it, i think the question said something along the lines of say why these give different levels of development, so i said what they do.
    Sorry if its been asked but has anyone got a copy of the paper, i wanna see how many marks i think i gots
    Nah it just said name fully, I have the paper but no scanner. Plus I'm meant to be studying chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Nah it just said name fully, I have the paper but no scanner. Plus I'm meant to be studying chemistry
    you sure, i thought it said sometihng extra, even if it didnt i think it'll be impiled or something cos 8 marks for naming 4 things???
    Also im supposed to be as well, but im no where near doing the amount i did for geo for chem. Oh well i really did want to see the paper :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I will scan the paper tomorrow after Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    I will scan the paper tomorrow after Chemistry
    Thanks matey, i wanna take the Chem paper with me like i did for Physics, but my friend asked in the physics exam and the invigilators point blank said no, although i just slid mine into ma pocket

ReputationRep:
    you sure, i thought it said sometihng extra, even if it didnt i think it'll be impiled or something cos 8 marks for naming 4 things???
    Also im supposed to be as well, but im no where near doing the amount i did for geo for chem. Oh well i really did want to see the paper :bawling:
    Ugh same, I've done a lot more for everything else than I have for chemistry and it's going to be the hardest one Oh well, hopefully I will do enough to get a B

P.s. I'm looking at paper right now hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Found that paper pretty lovely, didn't have to do Hydrosphere or Industry, thank god.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks matey, i wanna take the Chem paper with me like i did for Physics, but my friend asked in the physics exam and the invigilators point blank said no, although i just slid mine into ma pocket
    Do you not write your answers on the Chem paper anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    By calculate I mean you have to say for example GDP per capita or birth rate per 1000 people etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stravagante)
    Do you not write your answers on the Chem paper anyway?
    you do???? I'll ask on the other thread

ReputationRep:
    Well we might see it as easy marks but maybe the SQA were maybe expecting more than just writing the 4 indicators. After all, think about how much you'd write for any other 8 mark question in any other topic. I think that if the SQA were looking for more and did not state it in the question then the people who wrote down JUST the four things should get full marks.
    I fully explained each one, when one indicator normally gets me 4 marks so..

ReputationRep:
    Kinda posting late but that was a good paper)

Actually enjoyed paper 2.

Got all excited cause the Population question was about Malawi and am from there:P then my friends were all like Yo MJ did u see the population question? haha :P

But i did hydrosphere and industry. Overall i think i did okay)

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    you do???? I'll ask on the other thread
    Yeah In higher chemistry you write on the booklet.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the exam went okay today... The fire alarm went off in Paper 1 though, we were out for about 10 minutes, which was added on as extra time. Anyone know if anything will happen? The school said they'll report it to the SQA, what are the chances they'll take it into account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahcarm)
    I feel like the exam went okay today... The fire alarm went off in Paper 1 though, we were out for about 10 minutes, which was added on as extra time. Anyone know if anything will happen? The school said they'll report it to the SQA, what are the chances they'll take it into account?
    they probably won't, you don't get any appeals for extenuating circumstances. They'll be reporting it because you were able to chat to each other outside/you left exam conditions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.