Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I enrolled already and set up my email account thing. Sorted my photo out today aswell, pretty sure it looks like I've got wind in the photo.

ReputationRep:
    is it ok if background on photo is lighter on one side but darker on the other? each photo I upload it says it can't detect my face, the system is one of the worst I have ever used.

ReputationRep:
    I think that will probably count as a shadow, unless it doesn't really make your face look any different? I did mine in a photo booth in tesco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloydRix)
    is it ok if background on photo is lighter on one side but darker on the other? each photo I upload it says it can't detect my face, the system is one of the worst I have ever used.
    Are you trying to upload directly from your phone?

ReputationRep:
    Aaand I'm not able to upload picture because face recognition software cannot find my face no matter how hard I try to make myself stand out from the background -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtcw)
    Aaand I'm not able to upload picture because face recognition software cannot find my face no matter how hard I try to make myself stand out from the background -_-
    The same thing I asked FloydRix, are you trying to upload it directly from your phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterodactyl)
    The same thing I asked FloydRix, are you trying to upload it directly from your phone?
    No, I photographed using phone then used computer to upload the picture.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even get on the photo upload login screen :s

It just says "Waiting for photoid.warwick.ac.uk.."

Edit: Never mind, it's finally loaded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtcw)
    No, I photographed using phone then used computer to upload the picture.
    Check that the photo is the right way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterodactyl)
    Check that the photo is the right way round.
    It is, I'll try to upload again tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I got my warwick email address, but was wondering what the hell the password was because I can only use through the warwick website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatteoG)
    I got my warwick email address, but was wondering what the hell the password was because I can only use through the warwick website?
    Does the password in the format of DD/MM/YYYY work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtcw)
    Does the password in the format of DD/MM/YYYY work?
    Nah, guess you can only use it on the warwick website because hotmail says it doesn't exist

ReputationRep:
    When we upload the photo, is it meant to take up the whole of the square it shows it in? i.e. When uploaded, there is a lot of white space between the photo and the edge of the box so will it appear really small on the student card?

Edit: I tried converting the photo to a different format and then reuploading it, but now it says it's unable to find a face. After this I tried reuploading the same photo I initially uploaded and it said it couldn't find a face, even though it's already accepted it???
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks

Hot off the press (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks

Hot off the press (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:
    Well done on the video . Just one thing though, I didn't see any scenes from One Direction's This is Us :cry2:.

ReputationRep:
    You've actually got some pretty good films screened there, I wasn't expecting that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypride)
    Same here....
    ---------------------------------
    Does Warwick provide desk lamps in our rooms? I can't live without one.
    Yes, they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatteoG)
    Nah, guess you can only use it on the warwick website because hotmail says it doesn't exist
    It's not a hotmail account. It's an office365 account. See the Ask Absolutely Anything thread for information about how to access it through other clients.

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! Enrolled. I feel v fancy with my Warwick email address.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.