Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Omg! Happytooth's tweet. What a load of dodginess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProspecDent)
    Lol! Omg! Happytooth's tweet. What a load of dodginess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What happened? :/

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Liverpool. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    To anyone waiting to hear from Aberdeen, they tweeted today that they've now heard back from the SFC and all offers/rejections will be sent out tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guystern)
    Rejected from Liverpool. Oh well.
    Got the rejection today too. Everything riding on hearing back post interview for Newcastle for me now!
    Good luck with elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liammckkk)
    To anyone waiting to hear from Aberdeen, they tweeted today that they've now heard back from the SFC and all offers/rejections will be sent out tomorrow!
    Thanks for the update! Fingers completely crossed for today then. Good luck folks who have Aberdeen as their number one choice x

ReputationRep:
    Any other grads with a Newcastle offer? 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennyyy33)
    Any other grads with a Newcastle offer? 😊
    Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have just seen an email from ucas track from last night saying something has changed but can't check it because of ucas doing it's updates. It's driving me mental. I think it's Aberdeen. Anyone else hear back last night from Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovexox)
    I have just seen an email from ucas track from last night saying something has changed but can't check it because of ucas doing it's updates. It's driving me mental. I think it's Aberdeen. Anyone else hear back last night from Aberdeen?
    Hi, yeah I heard back fro Aberdeen on Friday. Devastatingly it was a rejection but they give you an offer to go on the reserves list x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vic_cloud)
    Hi, yeah I heard back fro Aberdeen on Friday. Devastatingly it was a rejection but they give you an offer to go on the reserves list x
    Does that mean you get in if they have spaces left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovexox)
    Does that mean you get in if they have spaces left?
    Yes, if some people had offers and decide not to take those offers then they will choose from others that had received rejections from interview initially. It is worth opting into the reserves list. I had an offer from Aberdeen and I have firmed my offer from UCLan, so my place may well go to someone on the reserve list GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    Hi I only achieved AAB in my Alevels, I realise I will have to take another subject and apply as a Graduate, but which is the best course to take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holty_40)
    Hi I only achieved AAB in my Alevels, I realise I will have to take another subject and apply as a Graduate, but which is the best course to take
    Biomedical Sciences is always the first on the list for accepted degrees for entry into graduate entry dentistry, it's a really good basis for dentistry

ReputationRep:
    What biomeddentist said

And a lot of grad courses now will only accept biomed or pharmacy. Be aware that they will be forced to reduce numbers of places for grad courses or possibly even phase them out all together due to lack of funding.

Something to think about future wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BiomedDentist)
    Yes, if some people had offers and decide not to take those offers then they will choose from others that had received rejections from interview initially. It is worth opting into the reserves list. I had an offer from Aberdeen and I have firmed my offer from UCLan, so my place may well go to someone on the reserve list GOOD LUCK
    That sounds quite good! Not as devastating as just a rejection. Thank you! Good luck to you too, a big well done for getting into UCLan!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when is the start date for KCL grad entry? Is it in August or September? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaabbc)
    Does anyone know when is the start date for KCL grad entry? Is it in August or September? Thanks
    Last year it was August 23rd ish according to my sources but our entry date on portal says 1st September but I think they'll just adjust it as they see fit :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaabbc)
    Ps did you get a place?? :-)))

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a million ! oh no not yet ))) I am just being optimistic while planning my holidays ))) However, I really hope we will hear sth this week- It seemed they gave offers in bulk around this time last year. Fingers crossed ))

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.