Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    I was just as surprised tbh, I didn't think they ever asked for extra info. The email only asks for module grades, not UMS
    Oh right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Economics and Politics courses, and submitted my UCAS application last week. I achieved AABC in my A levels in Maths, Business Studies, History, and Economics respectively, (and an A in General Studies). I am continuing with Maths, Business Studies, and History this year, and am predicted AAA (although I will be aiming for an A* in maths). Do you think the C in Economics will harm my application much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohakz)
    How many days did it take for your friend to get offers from them both?
    I think the warwick one took 3-4 weeks, but now quite a few people in my year have bath offers. With good applications, they seem to be giving offers within 2 weeks or so!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for both the L100 and L101 from UCL and recieved the SAME email for both which is the one attached. Therefore Don't thibk l101 are asking for UMS! Also, in response to this email, do we include the module results for the AS subject that we DID NOT carry onto A2
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything from Warwick for Economics who's predicted A*AA? Getting really nervous

ReputationRep:
    Will doing 3 A2s hinder me from getting offers from LSE/Warwick/UCL given that I have done AS further maths (and dropped it) and am predicted 3A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I need to ask your opinion. I and currently studying towards my as-levels, studying maths (pure and stats), biology, chemistry and psychology. When I chose them, I intended to study a science related course at university such as medicine or neuroscience. However now I'm having a change of heart. I've been looking at degrees in economics, and they really stand out. Most university websites state that they need maths, which I have, but will my subjects fill the criteria they require? Do I have any chance on getting into an economics degree?? I would appreciate your help! Bare in mind I have no previous experience/knowledge of economics apart from research I've done myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmin K)
    Hmm, I need to ask your opinion. I and currently studying towards my as-levels, studying maths (pure and stats), biology, chemistry and psychology. When I chose them, I intended to study a science related course at university such as medicine or neuroscience. However now I'm having a change of heart. I've been looking at degrees in economics, and they really stand out. Most university websites state that they need maths, which I have, but will my subjects fill the criteria they require? Do I have any chance on getting into an economics degree?? I would appreciate your help! Bare in mind I have no previous experience/knowledge of economics apart from research I've done myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The requirement is Maths, but most applicants have Economics or Further Maths as well, or both. I would say that if you're serious about doing Economics at university, change your AS levels asap!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    The requirement is Maths, but most applicants have Economics or Further Maths as well, or both. I would say that if you're serious about doing Economics at university, change your AS levels asap!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would but it's become too late to change them now. It's too far into the course I'm told. Do universities think it's okay if I re-do my as-levels next year? I know in my classes now there are quite a few re-sitters meaning that they'll be in college for three years instead of two. Would that be reflected badly on my UCAS form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Econ at Warwick, UCL, LSE, E&M at Oxford, and also Econometrics and Mathematical Economics at LSE. How does LSE view applying to both those courses? I wouldn't mind doing either but Econometrics would probably be my first choice out of all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Yes! Hi!
    Hey!
    What uni's are you looking to apply to?
    Im currently on a gap year so im a bit familiar to this drag that is ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a 86% in my grade 10. What should i get in the International Baccalaureate to get into cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YNWA)
    Hey!
    What uni's are you looking to apply to?
    Im currently on a gap year so im a bit familiar to this drag that is ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you mean familiar or unfamiliar?

I've applied to Oxford, Bath, Lancaster & Exeter.

Left my 5th choice open for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmin K)
    I would but it's become too late to change them now. It's too far into the course I'm told. Do universities think it's okay if I re-do my as-levels next year? I know in my classes now there are quite a few re-sitters meaning that they'll be in college for three years instead of two. Would that be reflected badly on my UCAS form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same with me. I am currently in year 13 and applying to Economics at university. My a levels are Maths, Biology, German and Turkish. I don't think they mind if you don't have economics or further maths a level because it usually just asks for maths as a requirement

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Bristol on wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    Wow for economics? Congrats!! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Wow for economics? Congrats!! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup A*AA including maths and econ

ReputationRep:
    Yup A*AA including maths and econ
    What are your stats(AS and GCSE's) if you don't mind me asking
    Also, when did you apply?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!! is Bristol your top one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    What are your stats(AS and GCSE's) if you don't mind me asking
    Also, when did you apply?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied on the 2nd October so it took about two weeks?
    GCSES: 9A*s 1A
    AS:
    Maths A
    F maths A
    Econ A
    Physics A
    Bio A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.