700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    I got this on the 14th of october, 6 days after applying.
    Here's the full thing:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thank you again for your application to our undergraduate medicine course (A100 – 5 year) at St George's, University of London.

Please note that graduates are not considered for this programme. If you are a graduate and you sat GAMSAT in September 2014, you should contact the Admissions team ([email protected]) and seek advice.

We receive enquiries from candidate on a number of different issues and thought you would find the following FAQs helpful:

Outcome of application

When can I expect a decision on my application?

Assessment of applications will take place between November 2014 and March 2015, once we have received your UKCAT results in November. You will be notified of the outcome at any stage during this period.

UKCAT

What should I do if I provided a different name for the UKCAT test?
    If the names on your UKCAT registration and your UCAS form are not identical, your results will not be matched by UCAS and we will not receive them. This can result in a withdrawal of your application. If your names are different, please e-mail the Admissions team immediately.

How will St George’s use the UKCAT scores?

Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to meet the published minimum academic requirements, in addition to achieving a minimum overall score in UKCAT. We are currently unable to advice on the minimum overall score we require as it will vary from year to year.

As a guide, it is unlikely that your application will be successful if you obtained a UKCAT score below 500 in any of the individual sections of the test. A good score in one section cannot compensate for a poor score in another.

The minimum overall score required will be published on our website upon release of UKCAT results and all applicants will be e-mailed with an update. We ask for your patience once UKCAT results are released and we will confirm the outcome of your application as soon as we can via our website/e-mail.

Should I tell the University about a UKCAT exemption?

Please note that the UKCAT will notify us directly of any exemptions. We will only be able to consider exemptions that have been verified by UKCAT.

Qualifications

What do I need to provide if I hold a non-standard or international qualification?

Please provide the following:

• A full transcript or copies of your certificate(s) with a certified translation (if not in English) with a breakdown of all subjects and grades. If you are not able to send the original documents please submit a verified* scanned copy to [email protected] or send the copy by post to the address at the bottom of this e-mail

*A copy stamped by your school, college, university or solicitor to verify that this is a true copy against the original

What are the English language requirements for students coming from outside the UK?

Students coming from outside the UK are required to have a certain level of English language ability and need to hold a recognised English language qualification to be admitted to study in this country. Please see our website for our English language requirements.

What qualification information do I need to provide on my UCAS application form?

• Please provide GCSEs taken and grades achieved
    • Please provide your predicted or achieved A-Level (or equivalent qualification) grades
    • Candidates taking the International Baccalaureate (IB) please provide your predicted/or achieved grades for individual subjects at Standard and Higher Level as the overall score along is not sufficient. Please also provide details of any academic study prior to undertaking the IB.

Can I provide information once my UCAS application form has been submitted?

Yes. Please provide details as soon as possible, but no later than 31st January. Unfortunately if we do not receive the information by this date, it will be assumed that you not meet the entry requirements and your application will be withdrawn via UCAS.

• You will need to provide certificates for all completed qualifications listed on your UCAS application if you are invited to interview.

Interviews

When will I hear if I’m invited to interview?

You will be given at least two weeks’ notice of your interview date and full details of what to expect on the day by e-mail. Interviews start in December 2014 and will continue until May 2015.

What happens if I can’t attend my interview?

If you are unavailable to attend the date allocated to you, you should email as soon as possible, even though it may have already been mentioned in your personal statement. Please email [email protected] . We will try to reschedule your interview, however, please bear in mind that this is not always possible.

Relevant experience

• Candidates invited to interview will also be asked to submit evidence of any formal work experience undertaken. We realise this can take time to organise so we have set out the additional requirements we will need at that stage.
    • On the day of your interview you will be required to provide a letter from each organisation where you gained the experience. Each letter should be printed on headed paper and signed, giving the full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the signatory.
    • This letter should contain details of the dates, number of hours, days, and weeks over which you carried out this experience and the duties undertaken. It only needs to contain the briefest description of what you did at this time and does not need to comment on your suitability to study medicine.
    • An example would be "Mr Smith volunteered at the Acme Nursing Home from 10th June to 10th August 2010. During this time he visited once a week on a Wednesday evening and spent two hours helping staff with general duties, talking to, and assisting with the personal needs of our residents."
    • Please note that a random sample of these letters will be selected and the details verified with the signatory. We would advise you to start collecting the letters now and not to wait until you are called for interview. If you do any subsequent work experience between submitting your UCAS form and being called for interview, we would ask you to also submit letters. You are not required to provide details of work experience you intend to do.
    • Please note that we are not asking for character references. If successful at interview, offers will not be released until we have received all work experience references. For guidance on work experience, please refer to: http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mbbs5/entry-requirements.

Further important information

Details about fees and bursaries that St George's will be offering are on our website. It is essential that you read this information and make enquiries about your individual eligibility as early as possible.

Please remember to keep UCAS updated with any changes to your address or contact details, and can you also email us to confirm any changes.

We will contact you by post, telephone, and/or e-mail. Please note that some e-mail accounts (especially Hotmail and yahoo accounts) may not accept e-mails from unknown addresses. It is therefore essential that you check the settings on your e-mail account to ensure that you can accept e-mails from St George’s and specifically from [email protected] ; and [email protected] . You can normally do this by adding these e-mail addresses to your list of contacts.

Please note that while UCAS allows applicants to nominate a third party individual (usually a parents or guardian) to speak to universities on their behalf, St George’s policy is to speak only to the applicant themselves, unfortunately we will not be able to discuss details of your application with anyone other than yourself.

Please do visit our website for further information and please contact me should you have any questions.

Yours sincerely

Michilla Regan

Admissions Officer

Admissions Office, Ground Floor, Hunter Wing

St George's University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 0RE

Tel + 44 (0)20 8266 6284 Fax + 44 (0)20 8725 0841 Email [email protected]
    thank you very much! so are you going to email them your IGCSE certificate and AS certificate or just the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paras Agarwal)
    thank you very much! so are you going to email them your IGCSE certificate and AS certificate or just the first one?
    I'm a home applicant so don't need to worry about all that. Before reading the email properly, I had photocopied all my GCSE certificates from each examination board and was going to do the same with the transcript for my AS grades. Then I realised I didn't have to do anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    I'm a home applicant so don't need to worry about all that. Before reading the email properly, I had photocopied all my GCSE certificates from each examination board and was going to do the same with the transcript for my AS grades. Then I realised I didn't have to do anything
    haha alright! so it is just for the guys that did IGCSE and the new IAS (International AS levels) ..

ReputationRep:
    just sent them an email asking if IGCSEs count as international or not!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm really worried right now. I have a feeling my score of 2570 is not going to make the cuttoff this year
    as people on this thread seem to have much higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy96x)
    Guys I'm really worried right now. I have a feeling my score of 2570 is not going to make the cuttoff this year
    I personally think there are so many other people who applied with a score lower than yours, myself included. Just stay positive. You never know what might happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you all just get another email too?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    Did you all just get another email too?!
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNHE)
    Yup.
    Not yet, what was it about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackC96)
    I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!

Hey there, what was the interview like? what did you use to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if SGUL interview candidates with higher academics earlier? I know that UCL and Imperial for sure suggest that this is what they do and I was wondering if SGUL do the same thing?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyKvothe)
    Not yet, what was it about?
    It was the same thing as the one before about 'no graduates allowed on this course...not sending ukcat scores directly' I think someone wrote it above. I've got like 3 emails off them all saying the same thing :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    just sent them an email asking if IGCSEs count as international or not!
    and what did they say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNHE)
    Yup.
    not got any email yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy96x)
    I think you will meet the cut off this year don't worry

Quick question, how do sgul rank applicants after interview?? I heard it was personal statement but can't remember if that's true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing in getting their work experience letters for sgul?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't got any yet, gonna ring them up after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we don't need them now do we? thats needed before interviews i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paras Agarwal)
    and what did they say?
    They said they didn't apply to IGCSE, so thankfully I don't need to send in my certificates.. but I am a UK applicant, so it might be different for you!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1/4 sorted - the hosp woman is sending me 3 copies in the post what a star!!

two of them i did through school so wondering if i can get school to help me with that, and the other is a GP surgery which should be simple enough, although that was ages ago1

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.