Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savan_shah96)
    YEEEESSS!!! JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM TRINITY!!! AAAAH SOO HYPED :eek:
    How?!
    Don't you think that this is a bit too early!

ReputationRep:
    Just had the first of my medicine interviews - I felt they didn't push me enough idk??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karesade)
    How?!
    Don't you think that this is a bit too early!
    It's a troll.

(Original post by aprocrastinator)
    Just had the first of my medicine interviews - I felt they didn't push me enough idk??
    Same here. Just have to wait and see how it turns out in January

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? As in the questions they asked you weren't very hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    What do you mean? As in the questions they asked you weren't very hard?

Yeah basically! Still made loads of stupid mistakes though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah basically! Still made loads of stupid mistakes though
    Maybe it just meant you knew the answers to the questions- hence why you didn't find it hard? chin up, I'm sure you did great regardless.
    Besides, they're not testing what you know, they have proof of your academic abilities on paper, they're testing how you think, so dont worry about the mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Maybe it just meant you knew the answers to the questions- hence why you didn't find it hard? chin up, I'm sure you did great regardless.
    Besides, they're not testing what you know, they have proof of your academic abilities on paper, they're testing how you think, so dont worry about the mistakes!
    I just feel like they thought I was dumb? IDK but thank you! I hope so though my second interview I don't think I thought very much xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    It's a troll.

Same here. Just have to wait and see how it turns out in January
    I don't think they thought I was very clever tbh I couldn't explain myself that well and they kept having to prompt me!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they thought I was very clever tbh I couldn't explain myself that well and they kept having to prompt me!!
    Same here, and even then I sometimes couldn't get the answers. That's supposedly how it's meant to go though. Just hope they like me enough to make an offer!

ReputationRep:
    If you watch any mock interviews on youtube, they're always being prompted. I think they want to see how you respond to the prompt more than anything, like even an "ohhhh yeahhhhh" is supposedly good lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Same here, and even then I sometimes couldn't get the answers. That's supposedly how it's meant to go though. Just hope they like me enough to make an offer!
    (Original post by TotalerReinfall)
    If you watch any mock interviews on youtube, they're always being prompted. I think they want to see how you respond to the prompt more than anything, like even an "ohhhh yeahhhhh" is supposedly good lol
    maybe so guys! I did do a lot of 'oh yeah' and got really excited when i got it lol. But idk i feel like I could've answered it better! Haha i really doubt i got an offer, I was definitely nothing exceptional!!

ReputationRep:
    I just feel like they thought I was dumb? IDK but thank you! I hope so though my second interview I don't think I thought very much xD
    That is exactly how I felt!! I've put mine in the past now... Roll on January!!

ReputationRep:
    Yessssssss!!!!!! Exactly the same!! I think they thought i was dumb and sometimes when they asked me a q i would sit there silently thinking cuz i had noooooooooo clue so they just moved on... and i made a few possibly major stupid mistakes (like MRI has x rays even though it stands for magnetic resonance imaging.... lol) made a few more as well. Some of the stuff they asked me abt which i had no clue was stuff that they had learnt in skl when i wasnt there so u could imagine how pissed i am lol and they may have thought i learnt it in skl... abit annoyed tbh. My second interview was supposed to last between 20-30 mins but it defo lasted 30 mins and i think they took me in earlier as well so it could have been just over 30 mins... 1 interview was 25 mins. Wbu?
    I just wanna here the feedback after my rejection, would be interesting to know imo

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here apply to Cambridge (for medicine...), St catharines and have done their interview? (did mine btw)

ReputationRep:
    On my way to Cambridge ready for my interview at Clare tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Wolfson tomorrow! Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well that went pretty terribly... pretty sure they thought I was stupid towards the end of it. Started out so well but then they asked me really hard questions and kept pushing me but I still couldn't get to the right answer in their last question

They asked me whether there was anything I wanted to talk about at the end- taking that as a bad sign and it probably means they'd already made their mind up about how useless I was bye bye Cambridge

How bad is it if they start asking you stuff from your personal statement towards the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    well that went pretty terribly... pretty sure they thought I was stupid towards the end of it. Started out so well but then they asked me really hard questions and kept pushing me but I still couldn't get to the right answer in their last question

They asked me whether there was anything I wanted to talk about at the end- taking that as a bad sign and it probably means they'd already made their mind up about how useless I was bye bye Cambridge

How bad is it if they start asking you stuff from your personal statement towards the end?
    They're meant to push you don't worry! Don't be silly, maybe they just ran out of stuff to talk about because you were going through it so fast it isn't wise to try and understand their actions, you never really know! At least it's over now!

ReputationRep:
    Here we go Trinity! Just one interview... Going to define the rest of this process... Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)

I know how u feel man cuz i felt the same way after mine (on tuesday) and i still do feel like i was an idiot. Im pretty sure ur one went better than mine, i had silences cuz of how hard the q's were and i was talking to myself kinda lol then they would realise and say ok next subject... and i made quite a few stupid stupid mistakes (like mri has x rays loool, even though i knew it stood for magnetic resonance imaging...). How many interviews did u have for how long?

Allow the judging bruv, if u had a imperial or kings or whatever interview about ur ps mainly then does that signify it went horribly? They asked me something about my ps as well and rlly its just to see what u learnt or saw as a shadower so i wouldnt worry if i were u. And they know u wont get the right answer in some of the qs, i asked my dad one of the qs they asked me and he was like thats something u learn in pre clinical in uni!! So its more of how u think (i know uve heard that a billion times but still...) and not if u get the right answer, the further u progress into the question the better u are possibly (i didnt go very far so im ) but hey just take it as a gr8 experience that not many people get a chance to have! at least u can narrate ur own stories of cambridge rather than saying other peoples stories, haha! I know i failed so im just excited to see what my feedback would be (after i get rejected), so i can improve on that seen as tho it was my first ever interview...

And fact is we cant do much about it now anyways, haha, so i dont see the point in stressing over it (i know 100% its a lottttt easier said than done) but i guess we need ta train ourselves cuz there will be times harder than these so... (im stressing over it as well, cant even sleep without going throo the interview and thinking of possible answers that i couldve said, and its sooooooo annoying, try to stop thinking and it works for about 30 seconds then i just come back to the interview again lol)

But, hey, i wish u aaaaall the best and im sure ull b fine, u may have done better than u thought!! (tho i didnt cuz when i was saying the answers that i told the interviewees to my dad, he was gettin a bit pissed lol)
    (i look forward to that time in jan when ur on here spamming the page cuz u got an offer lol )

And everyone else on here if u hav an interview, take it easy, relax (easier said than done but...), take it as an experience and try to enjoy it (ummm.....) and i wish u all the best
    and for those with no interview yet or were unsuccessful, i wish u luck with the rest of ur unis and im sure ull get a place somewhere!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.