Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

mccrae01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my offer tonight - A*AA for geography - after applying in October ( just before the Oxbridge deadline). Think I'm going to make it my firm choice, I'm hoping to go to St Mary's college although Josephine Butler also looked good
trubadur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mccrae01)
Just got my offer tonight - A*AA for geography - after applying in October ( just before the Oxbridge deadline). Think I'm going to make it my firm choice, I'm hoping to go to St Mary's college although Josephine Butler also looked good
Congrats:clap2:
michaeljackson97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE - 7A*'s 5A's
AS levels - BBBC in History, Economics, Maths and English Literature respectively.
Got an AAA offer for Politics with a year abroad at Durham this afternoon!
Loreenaj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I sent my application on the 17th of October and received an offer for Biological sciences on the 5th of February. I need AAA in any 3 of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics. Also applied for Natural sciences and this offer came in the next day! It requires A*A in Mathematics and Physics (any order) and A in Chemistry.
I’ve applied to St Chad’s College so now I’m basically waiting for college allocation. It’s such an exciting time! I hope I can get in though, but oh well, we’ll see
Anyone else applied to St Chad’s?
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loreenaj)
I sent my application on the 17th of October and received an offer for Biological sciences on the 5th of February. I need AAA in any 3 of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics. Also applied for Natural sciences and this offer came in the next day! It requires A*A in Mathematics and Physics (any order) and A in Chemistry.
I’ve applied to St Chad’s College so now I’m basically waiting for college allocation. It’s such an exciting time! I hope I can get in though, but oh well, we’ll see
Anyone else applied to St Chad’s?
Congratulations on your offers! I got an offer for Biological sciences too, but I applied to Hatfield is Durham going to be your firm choice?
Loreenaj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by J3SS742)
Congratulations on your offers! I got an offer for Biological sciences too, but I applied to Hatfield is Durham going to be your firm choice?
Thank you! And yes, most likely! I'm really excited to find out about colleges in the coming month or so. How about you? Is Durham going to be your firm choice? And when did you receive your offer?
RebeccaLK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BlazedSymphony)
Hi.

I have a very pressing issue here. Please tell me what you make of this conundrum and help me figure it out, yes?

So I just received an offer from Durham for psychology (conditional offer, yes) and the condition requires me to score 85% in four academic subjects AND 85% in mathematics. Now, the problem here is, I don't have mathematics. I clearly stated my subjects in the application, and I'm just really confused and annoyed right now because it would suck to have my offer cancelled. Can that happen, though?

I just wrote to Durham and I just got their automated reply back saying that they're bogged down with applications and they'll get to me ASAP.

Can a university like Durham make an error like that? Can they cancel my offer, knowing that I CANNOT fulfill this condition because I don't have the subject?

Please opine.
I'd also call the department directly to make sure they are aware. They're very helpful, and I don't think they'll cancel your offer over that
RebeccaLK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer for Law! So excited to see which college I get allocated to!
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loreenaj)
Thank you! And yes, most likely! I'm really excited to find out about colleges in the coming month or so. How about you? Is Durham going to be your firm choice? And when did you receive your offer?
I think I'm going to make Durham my insurance, as I'm going to firm Oxford, and I think I got my offer early December but yeah, I'm really looking forward to hearing which college I got allocated to, I really like the whole collegiate system
GeneralStudent95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaLK)
Got an offer for Law! So excited to see which college I get allocated to!
Well done! Law at Durham is great, you will love it
RebeccaLK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GeneralStudent95)
Well done! Law at Durham is great, you will love it
Thank you! Do you have an offer? I'm so excited!
GeneralStudent95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaLK)
Thank you! Do you have an offer? I'm so excited!
I am a first year Durham lawyer
victoriatayylor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone received their college allocation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ACarter8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An offer for chemistry

Also applied to Josephine Butler if anyone cares.
Anthrostudent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello,

I currently have an offer from Durham (AAA) to study anthropology. My only problem is that I live more than 5 hours away from there by train so I'm worried about that, any advice?
BitWindy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anthrostudent)
Hello,

I currently have an offer from Durham (AAA) to study anthropology. My only problem is that I live more than 5 hours away from there by train so I'm worried about that, any advice?
What worries you about it?
Anthrostudent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BitWindy)
What worries you about it?
It's just I've never been far away from home before, I've never been anywhere away from home actually. I'm worried about the distance because it's so far away. I also have an offer from UCL and I know everyone would be much happier if I went there but I'm torn between the two. Also I wouldn't have my family close by just in case or for support and wouldn't see them for months at a time probably because of the 5 hour train ride.
southernbelle123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi. Just had an offer for English. Anyone else out there?
Elle97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by southernbelle123)
Hi. Just had an offer for English. Anyone else out there?
I've had an offer for English! Congrats! 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
trubadur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elle97)
I've had an offer for English! Congrats! ���������� �

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats:clap2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads