The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeatriceT
What time did you all receive your rejections? I'm waiting for mine (no doubt I will be rejected)

Hey, don't be so negative! I had my rejection from CSM a week ago or more at lunchtime
Reply 541
Has anybody else heard from lcf? Im still anxiously waiting!
Original post by kkt10
Has anybody else heard from lcf? Im still anxiously waiting!

what are you waiting for? have you done the interview yet?
Reply 543
Original post by paolagiusti
what are you waiting for? have you done the interview yet?

I had my interview on Monday, and I am waiting fror an offer or rejection 😬
Original post by kkt10
I had my interview on Monday, and I am waiting fror an offer or rejection 😬

oooh I had my interview on Monday too! what did they ask you?
Ps: good luck!
Reply 545
Original post by paolagiusti
oooh I had my interview on Monday too! what did they ask you?
Ps: good luck!

Thank you!
They asked me about fashion and politics, how I would plan towards writing a peice for a newspaper and some other questions.
Original post by kkt10
Thank you!
They asked me about fashion and politics, how I would plan towards writing a peice for a newspaper and some other questions.

oh okay they were the same questions! hahaha
For people going to LCF what are your plans for the accommodation?
Original post by laurenwoodward
For people going to LCF what are your plans for the accommodation?

I'm looking for private rooms cause I'm italian and with the euro exchange the accommodation of UAL are very very very expensive! btw if I do not find anything okay I'll probably go into one of them
wbu?
Original post by withlove
Got rejection from CSM, not surprised but still sucks as it's been the dream since I was 10. Rejection from LCF too but they advised me to go on MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism (it's undergraduate though for 4 years), so don't really know what I'm going to do as have an offer from LCC for just journalism. Ahhh decisions!

Im in exactly the same situation... going for an informal interview on the 21st! And actually considering Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, it sounds like a very enriching course. Also it's 4 years because it's Integrated Masters which is useful. What are you thinking? I also have an offer from LCC.
Got rejection from CSM, not surprised but still sucks as it's been the dream since I was 10. Rejection from LCF too but they advised me to go on MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism (it's undergraduate though for 4 years), so don't really know what I'm going to do as have an offer from LCC for just journalism. Ahhh decisions!

I've been offered the same thing what do you reckon you'll do? It's confused me big time now
Reply 551
Has anyone who had an interview at CSM know when we'll hear back by?

I got rejected from LCF but have also been offered an interview for Fashion Media Practice and Criticism which actually sounds like a really interesting course.

Also those who are thinking about Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, when are your interviews?

x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
Im in exactly the same situation... going for an informal interview on the 21st! And actually considering Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, it sounds like a very enriching course. Also it's 4 years because it's Integrated Masters which is useful. What are you thinking? I also have an offer from LCC.

Original post by collettebeckett
I've been offered the same thing what do you reckon you'll do? It's confused me big time now

I'm going with LCC because really don't think I would get as much from the LCF course than journalism at LCC, plus it never really specifies what type of job you'll get and don't really like having that uncertainty Any more thoughts on it?
I'm going with LCC because really don't think I would get as much from the LCF course than journalism at LCC, plus it never really specifies what type of job you'll get and don't really like having that uncertainty Any more thoughts on it?

I think that's because its a new course and no-one has yet graduated from it- but still think you get similar skills as from fashion journalism.. its got a lot of things in common as i discovered by looking at both course contents.
I think im going to go to the interview and if i get offered a place ill decide from there!!!
xx
Reply 554
Hi! I got rejected from CSM a couple days after the interview and got an email sent through. However, it's been a couple weeks and still no update on my UCAS page. It said on the email that my UCAS track would be updated within 48 hours though. Anyone else in this position or have yours been updated?
Original post by b7823
Hi! I got rejected from CSM a couple days after the interview and got an email sent through. However, it's been a couple weeks and still no update on my UCAS page. It said on the email that my UCAS track would be updated within 48 hours though. Anyone else in this position or have yours been updated?

Same for me, I can't firm my place until CSM changes to a decline on my track which is frustrating.
Original post by b7823

almost the same cause I've recieved a conditional offer from LCF (I have to pass IELTS exam w/ minimum 6.5 overall), I sent all the papers to Janet more than one week ago cause I already have my IELTS score and nothing happens on my ucas page!
Just got my offer from CSM! I honestly feel so blessed right now
Original post by lozzaxharris

Ah congrats!!
Reply 559
Original post by lozzaxharris

Me too!!! Can't believe it! Has anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending