Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants Watch

paolagiusti
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeatriceT)
What time did you all receive your rejections? I'm waiting for mine (no doubt I will be rejected)
Hey, don't be so negative! I had my rejection from CSM a week ago or more at lunchtime
kkt10
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anybody else heard from lcf? Im still anxiously waiting!
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkt10)
Has anybody else heard from lcf? Im still anxiously waiting!
what are you waiting for? have you done the interview yet?
kkt10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paolagiusti)
what are you waiting for? have you done the interview yet?
I had my interview on Monday, and I am waiting fror an offer or rejection 😬
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkt10)
I had my interview on Monday, and I am waiting fror an offer or rejection 😬
oooh I had my interview on Monday too! what did they ask you?
Ps: good luck!
kkt10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paolagiusti)
oooh I had my interview on Monday too! what did they ask you?
Ps: good luck!
Thank you!
They asked me about fashion and politics, how I would plan towards writing a peice for a newspaper and some other questions.
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkt10)
Thank you!
They asked me about fashion and politics, how I would plan towards writing a peice for a newspaper and some other questions.
oh okay they were the same questions! hahaha
laurenwoodward
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For people going to LCF what are your plans for the accommodation?
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laurenwoodward)
For people going to LCF what are your plans for the accommodation?
I'm looking for private rooms cause I'm italian and with the euro exchange the accommodation of UAL are very very very expensive! btw if I do not find anything okay I'll probably go into one of them
wbu?
blancadeorbaneja
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by withlove)
Got rejection from CSM, not surprised but still sucks as it's been the dream since I was 10. Rejection from LCF too but they advised me to go on MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism (it's undergraduate though for 4 years), so don't really know what I'm going to do as have an offer from LCC for just journalism. Ahhh decisions!
Im in exactly the same situation... going for an informal interview on the 21st! And actually considering Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, it sounds like a very enriching course. Also it's 4 years because it's Integrated Masters which is useful. What are you thinking? I also have an offer from LCC.
collettebeckett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got rejection from CSM, not surprised but still sucks as it's been the dream since I was 10. Rejection from LCF too but they advised me to go on MA Fashion Media Practice and Criticism (it's undergraduate though for 4 years), so don't really know what I'm going to do as have an offer from LCC for just journalism. Ahhh decisions!
I've been offered the same thing what do you reckon you'll do? It's confused me big time now
chekih
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone who had an interview at CSM know when we'll hear back by?

I got rejected from LCF but have also been offered an interview for Fashion Media Practice and Criticism which actually sounds like a really interesting course.

Also those who are thinking about Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, when are your interviews?

x
withlove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blancadeorbaneja)
Im in exactly the same situation... going for an informal interview on the 21st! And actually considering Fashion Media Practice and Criticism, it sounds like a very enriching course. Also it's 4 years because it's Integrated Masters which is useful. What are you thinking? I also have an offer from LCC.
(Original post by collettebeckett)
I've been offered the same thing what do you reckon you'll do? It's confused me big time now
I'm going with LCC because really don't think I would get as much from the LCF course than journalism at LCC, plus it never really specifies what type of job you'll get and don't really like having that uncertainty Any more thoughts on it?
blancadeorbaneja
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm going with LCC because really don't think I would get as much from the LCF course than journalism at LCC, plus it never really specifies what type of job you'll get and don't really like having that uncertainty Any more thoughts on it?
I think that's because its a new course and no-one has yet graduated from it- but still think you get similar skills as from fashion journalism.. its got a lot of things in common as i discovered by looking at both course contents.
I think im going to go to the interview and if i get offered a place ill decide from there!!!
xx
b7823
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I got rejected from CSM a couple days after the interview and got an email sent through. However, it's been a couple weeks and still no update on my UCAS page. It said on the email that my UCAS track would be updated within 48 hours though. Anyone else in this position or have yours been updated?
withlove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by b7823)
Hi! I got rejected from CSM a couple days after the interview and got an email sent through. However, it's been a couple weeks and still no update on my UCAS page. It said on the email that my UCAS track would be updated within 48 hours though. Anyone else in this position or have yours been updated?
Same for me, I can't firm my place until CSM changes to a decline on my track which is frustrating.
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by b7823)
almost the same cause I've recieved a conditional offer from LCF (I have to pass IELTS exam w/ minimum 6.5 overall), I sent all the papers to Janet more than one week ago cause I already have my IELTS score and nothing happens on my ucas page!
lozzaxharris
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my offer from CSM! I honestly feel so blessed right now
JayneEmma
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lozzaxharris)
Ah congrats!!
jjswick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lozzaxharris)

Me too!!! Can't believe it! Has anyone else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.65%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.11%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (707)
47.45%

Watched Threads