Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rain7991)
    I am just so nervous seeing you guys say a lot of offers for PPE at UCL have been given out and my appication status hasn't been updated for 4months. I got my CIE Alevel result last month and it is 4A*s. Hope it helps attain an offer at UCL.
    At no point have we said loads of offers have been given out! That's half the reason we're worrying!

I've only seen maybe 3 offers and 1 rejection so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    At no point have we said loads of offers have been given out! That's half the reason we're worrying!

I've only seen maybe 3 offers and 1 rejection so far!
    I saw people said many offers were given to those who have already got into Oxford.....
    If UCL really has only given out a few offers so far, that makes me more relaxed.
    You applied for PPE in UCL as well?

ReputationRep:
    I saw people said many offers were given to those who have already got into Oxford.....
    If UCL really has only given out a few offers so far, that makes me more relaxed.
    You applied for PPE in UCL as well?
    Oh no, what we were saying is that UCL are likely to give offers to people who got in to Oxford, given their presumed intellectual prowess.

Yeah I am!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, what we were saying is that UCL are likely to give offers to people who got in to Oxford, given their presumed intellectual prowess.

Yeah I am!
    Oh haha I see.
    Find another possible schoolmate here!

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha I see.
    Find another possible schoolmate here!
    Every one on this thread has applied for PPE at UCL you know:p:)

ReputationRep:
    Every one on this thread has applied for PPE at UCL you know:p:)
    Aha yea I know.
    But I am not very familiar with this website. It is my first time to post on this forum....

ReputationRep:
    Aha yea I know.
    But I am not very familiar with this website. It is my first time to post on this forum....
    Ahh well WELCOME

ReputationRep:
    I think it's possible that they might be giving out offers only to certain people first and then a few next if some in those first/earlier groups decline the offers and so on... and when they already have enough people who accept their offers then they will start rejecting everybody else who haven't heard back from them at once.

Anyway it's just my guessing and who on earth knows what they are thinking?

Whether an offer or rejection, I just wanna know it quickly (though I understand that this does take time and they legitimately have until the end of March (or May for the worst case) to consider our applications. We'll just need to keep being patient.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh well WELCOME
    Hey I saw your reply to someone on the previous page. So you have called the office and they said they had 700 applicants?? Oh my god! How competitive it is!
    And I saw people being emailed for stream choice or their status have been updated.
    It just make me feel more nervous.
    You have only seen 3 offers so far? I wonder there may be a lot more guys who got offers but just didn't post the news here.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I saw your reply to someone on the previous page. So you have called the office and they said they had 700 applicants?? Oh my god! How competitive it is!
    And I saw people being emailed for stream choice or their status have been updated.
    It just make me feel more nervous.
    You have only seen 3 offers so far? I wonder there may be a lot more guys who got offers but just didn't post the news here.
    There are probably a few more offers given out than we all know about They give out about 3 offers per place though so there are over 100 offers available!

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for you guys. Would anyone choose Ucl ppe over Lse ppe? If so, why? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inclop4.5)
    I have a question for you guys. Would anyone choose Ucl ppe over Lse ppe? If so, why? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funny you should ask that... I was at LSE a few days ago for an MUN conference and although the university is great, I didn't really feel as if it suited me. This may be me kidding myself as an LSE reject but i now feel that even if I had got an offer I would rather go to UCL. The reputation of the two institutions is relatively identical and both (from as far as I can tell) have kinda similar courses. However it's different for everyone so I guess the answer can only be that it's down to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you feel that lse suited you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just curious because it's known to be very intense and perhaps less social.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooftar)
    Funny you should ask that... I was at LSE a few days ago for an MUN conference and although the university is great, I didn't really feel as if it suited me. This may be me kidding myself as an LSE reject but i now feel that even if I had got an offer I would rather go to UCL. The reputation of the two institutions is relatively identical and both (from as far as I can tell) have kinda similar courses. However it's different for everyone so I guess the answer can only be that it's down to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Forgot to quote you, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my LSE acceptance yesterday! No news yet from UCL hopefully we'll hear back soon! Best of luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    What are you LSE terms of offer ? Would you prefer LSE over UCL ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha ofc id choose lse over ucl, but i need to hit the level 7 in maths higher, thats quite hard! Ucl is my backup if i do get it! Best of luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Do we know what grades people have at GCSE + A-Level who got an offer already?

ReputationRep:
    I just withdrew, so one less person to compete against guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.