Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know right! The only thing I managed to explain more detail was the fact she lists the qualities that scouts classmates fathers do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For TKAM part b) - I wrote about Tom Robinson...I'm now worrying about whether we were allowed to pick him as the mockingbird since he had already been named???

ReputationRep:
    I found the An Inspector calls question on Mr Birling easy though the OMAM question was kind of weird...

By the way on the OMAM question part b) was it ok to have talked about violence this I believe that too relates to the brutality of life???

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do the woman I black and mister pip?
    I found them so hard!!!

ReputationRep:
    It was a mit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4475)
    For TKAM part b) - I wrote about Tom Robinson...I'm now worrying about whether we were allowed to pick him as the mockingbird since he had already been named???
    Nah dw I and many others I know did Tom Robinson. It never said to choose another character specifically so for me Tom Robinson was the easiest. How did you find the passage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nila15)
    I found the An Inspector calls question on Mr Birling easy though the OMAM question was kind of weird...

By the way on the OMAM question part b) was it ok to have talked about violence this I believe that too relates to the brutality of life???
    You could talk about Curley's wife, Crooks, violence, American Dream, Candy's dog, friendship... so much you could write.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else do lord of the flies for the first question? if so which one did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    How much did you guys write

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahoreilly56)
    did anyone else do lord of the flies for the first question? if so which one did you choose?
    The one on the darkness of man's heart you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    How much did you guys write

Posted from TSR Mobile
    6 and a half pages in total, 2 for the first one and 4 and a half for the second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    Nah dw I and many others I know did Tom Robinson. It never said to choose another character specifically so for me Tom Robinson was the easiest. How did you find the passage?
    Thanks Not great tbh...couldn't really find any devices except listing! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Martyn Pig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    The one of the darkness of man's heart you?
    yeah same i was so happy when it came up

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Not great tbh...couldn't really find any devices except listing! How about you?
    Me too! I felt everything I said about Atticus was a bit too simplistic. That was the last passage I ever expected to come up

ReputationRep:
    For the Curley's wife passage - what could you write about it?

ReputationRep:
    I did Tom as well, and I also thought this:/ but there was nothing saying that we weren't allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamaddiet)
    I did Tom as well, and I also thought this:/ but there was nothing saying that we weren't allowed
    I did Boo Radley... For some reason at the time I thought that we couldn't do Tom after it had said him before... Oh dear well that was my delusional exam brain for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do u think the grade boundaries would be for this paper as it is was not completely easy (BTW I did OMAM and AIC)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examswhizz)
    I did Boo Radley... For some reason at the time I thought that we couldn't do Tom after it had said him before... Oh dear well that was my delusional exam brain for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did Boo as well however my opening paragraph was on Tom and the rest was on Boo will I be penalised?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.