Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asexual Demigod)
    If your family income is above the threshold, then you should have enough money to afford accommodation. Isn't that the whole point? I guess you should go to a university that provides suitably priced accommodation then.
    oh yes because that sort of money will go far if you live somewhere in London, or if you have a few children, or pre existing debts, or sending more than one child to uni, or looking after an elderly relative.

Have some sympathy, it is clearly not as simple as you make out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louieee)
    that everybody should be treated as equals

believe it or not most people don't appear to agree with this

Everyone agrees with this.

Everyone being treated as equal =/= everyone being equal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Everyone agrees with this.

Everyone being treated as equal =/= everyone being equal

okay so tell me why people aren't treated equally then despite people thinking they should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    The environment should be at least as important as the economy.

Don't know how controversial that is in terms of wider public opinion. But the political establishment doesn't take environmental protection very seriously when there is money to be made from damaging activities, and there is no sign of that changing.
    I completely agree with that!! without a stable environment the economy we know would be in ruins

ReputationRep:
    okay so tell me why people aren't treated equally then despite people thinking they should be
    How are people not treated equally under the law?

ReputationRep:
    How are people not treated equally under the law?

I don't remember mentioning the law mate

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember mentioning the law mate
    So in what way are people not "treated equally" in 2015?

ReputationRep:
    So in what way are people not "treated equally" in 2015?

if you're ignorant enough to not be aware of this already then you're too ignorant for my words to mean anything to you and I have homework for tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    Burger king is overrated.

ReputationRep:
    Multiculturalism offers little to no benefits to a western country, as lovely as the word 'vibrancy' is.

Also diversity has no meaningful impact on the ability of a workforce.

ReputationRep:
    1. What the west calls democracy isn't democracy its a load of bull****.
    2. Capitalism as a force of evil not good, it is the economy of greed.
    3. smoking should be banned in all public spaces
    4. Our society is ****ed up, we glorify our drinking culture and celebrity culture and don't care about meaningful things like literature and science.
    5. All nukes should be abolished in the world and armies should be severely reduced.
    6. America and Britain is just as evil as Russia and china.
    7. Homosexuality is both a result of environmental and genetic factors but all people should be treated equally and no one should be persecuted and no violence should be committed, we have to love and respect one another.
    8. And finally : there should not be such a concept as a nation, the whole world should unify under one banner and we should explore and colonise space

ReputationRep:
    On average, men are better at making competent and logical decisions as to compared to women.

ReputationRep:
    Relates to inter-civilisational immigration and how some groups seem to fit in vs. others generate 'friction' (that's me putting it diplomatically btw)

..either that or the fact that I find cellulite gross (stating this in a thread in which the question had been posed earnt me a tidal wave of negs, back in the day)

ReputationRep:
    Labour is evil, that's controversial for some reason

The standing army should be reduced in size or abolished. Private gun ownership ought to be made legal subject to minor background checks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    1) That measures should be taken to severely restrict the sale of cigarettes and alcohol in this country.

2) There is no 'war' on drugs.

3) We should reintroduce the death penalty.

These are 3 of mine.
    1) That wouldn't decrease their usage, they would just be sold illegally, the same way people buy illegal drugs now.

2) They are fighting a 'war' on drugs, but as with any addiction/health issue punishing those using doesn't improve anyones situation.

3) Ridiculous. Give me your reasons why. It doesn't work as a deterrant to crime, found with higher crime statistics in US states that do have the death penalty compared to those that don't.
    You cannot morally say something is wrong, and then enforce it as revenge on criminals.
    There are a number of cases of criminals found to be innocent after the death penalty has already been applied to them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to be honest- I don't think big women can typically be as attractive as skinny women. I will clarify that I think some bigger women are more attractive than some skinnier women however as a whole its just easier for skinny women to look good. And to answer the questions I'm now concerned I'll get-
    1. No I don't condone girls being encouraged to starve themselves to be considered attractive.
    2. No I'm not particularly superficial. This is just a thought I have on one particular issue.
    3. Yes obviously there is such a thing as too skinny. Size 0 isn't healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Drinking to excess is ****ing brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Democracy is a load of bull****

And modern "civilisation" is overrated.
    who overrates it?
    everyone always complains about it :P

and i think everyone should have the right to vote.. i thought that was democracy (i may b wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamipe)
    Having your own biological child/children should not be a God given right. If you are that desperate,adopt!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. There are no God-given rights, period.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.