Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deano321)
    Assume both will be 12 marker and you'll be fine who knows haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that the 12 marker is more likely to be day care and then msm to be 8 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHG58)
    I think that the 12 marker is more likely to be day care and then msm to be 8 marker
    I hope you're wrong... I hate day care

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're wrong... I hate day care

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think we all do haha, but there is more to say about day care than the msm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHG58)
    I think we all do haha, but there is more to say about day care than the msm
    true going to try and learn it today :/ on the bright side, the boundaries should be lower as i would imagine most of the country would struggle with DC so we will be at an advantage if we learn it

ReputationRep:
    true going to try and learn it today :/ on the bright side, the boundaries should be lower as i would imagine most of the country would struggle with DC so we will be at an advantage if we learn it
    well last year I did this paper and got a u so hopefully I will be do better this time around, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHG58)
    well last year I did this paper and got a u so hopefully I will be do better this time around, good luck
    get your head down today and learn everything... prepare for the worst. in the exam elaborate on everything! you'll be fine! best of luck

ReputationRep:
    if the 12 marker is on day care do we think it will be a broad question asking peer relations / aggression etc? then clarke stewart etc we can add

ReputationRep:
    For aggression in Day care is it enough to Write about the NICHD for A01 and Evaluate the Study for A02 and a study that contradicts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    For aggression in Day care is it enough to Write about the NICHD for A01 and Evaluate the Study for A02 and a study that contradicts
    learn at least 2x studies

ReputationRep:
    learn at least 2x studies
    So the NICHD study and the EPPE study?
    Do you think 2 studies for all topics is enough?

ReputationRep:
    I would say it is. However, it all depends on how much detail you give and how well you can elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    yes 2 for peer r and 2 for aggression

ReputationRep:
    I feels soo blankk Atm :/

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a model answer for a 12 mark on day care, or points for ao1 and ao2?

ReputationRep:
    "Outline and evaluate research into the effects of day care on social development (e.g. aggression, peer relations)" is this the question everyone is talking about to come up as a 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    Strengths of Bowlbys theory anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicajohowe)
    Strengths of Bowlbys theory anyone??
    Monotropy - supported by Tronick et al as they found in an African tribe, even though children were looked after and breast fed by many different women, still showed one primary attachment figure.

Senstivie period - supported by Hodges and Tizard as they found children who did not form an attachment at a young age had many problems later in life e.g. aggression

Sensitive responsivess i.e. responding approapriately to the social releasers - supported by Schaffer and Emerson as they found children were more likely to form an attachment with those who responded sensitively to their needs, not the person who fed them (also used as a weakness for learning theory)
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    So nervous for tomorrow

My predictions are
    12-marker MSMM
    Bowlby i think will be 8 or 4 marker but will definately come up
    dont think learning theory will come up
    If EWT does come up i think it will be anxiety

any other predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Life saver thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.