The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stephyy14
I'm terrified for my result because I found the listening really hard but by the looks of some of the answers others got, I've got at least mark for each question. But I planned the essay really well and then left it until the end. I managed to finish the essay but then after the exam I completely forgot I moved onto the back of the planning sheet and basically I completely forgot to answer the part of the section on how to to combat young people not doing sport. I got advice from my friend after, who also did the paper and is an A grade student and usually correct about most things, and she said it might not be too bad as I may only drop a few marks from the content but I'm still terrified, what happens if I drop something huge like 7 marks. Advice may be needed here, as I really want at least a low B overall!

Your friend is right, if you miss out one part from a 3 part question, you lose 4 marks for content- not disastrous. Also, I think the grade boundaries will be reasonably low this year. So it sounds like you got at least a high B- probably low A
Original post by sunsri101
Your friend is right, if you miss out one part from a 3 part question, you lose 4 marks for content- not disastrous. Also, I think the grade boundaries will be reasonably low this year. So it sounds like you got at least a high B- probably low A

Thanks so much you've reassured me no end. I've been feeling more confident as I go over what I originally wrote in my head over the past few days, I really hope it comes out OK because I'm desperate to do French at university with another language. Fingers crossed and good luck to you with your results :smile:
Thanks so much you've reassured me no end. I've been feeling more confident as I go over what I originally wrote in my head over the past few days, I really hope it comes out OK because I'm desperate to do French at university with another language. Fingers crossed and good luck to you with your results :smile:

Thank you, the same to you!
Original post by paigeloc
We studied Le Petit Prince and Amelie for the oral but focusing on Le Petit Prince for the essay. What are you doing?

We studied les petits enfants du siecle and au revoir les enfants but I think I'm going to concentrate mostly on the book too, just hoping the essay questions for the book are good :biggrin:

good for you man, I wanna do languages too, so underrated, they're so much more useful practical and just relevant than most school subjects. If the system considered them more we would be able to actually communicate with other countries,... not more important than learning psychology or something?..
I know, I love languages, it's one of the only subjects I could revise all day and still want to do more of. I really want to learn Russian and Italian next :smile:
Guys do you think its gonna be a problem that I didn't write a conclusion for my essay? I did the sport one and I answered all the parts of the question but I couldn't think for the life of me what to put in conclusion so I left it. Looking at the mark scheme now it says that a conclusion would make it more coherent but it doesn't necessarily say that it'll improve my mark if I had one. Can anyone help? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=CelineBean;56292879]Guys do you think its gonna be a problem that I didn't write a conclusion for my essay? I did the sport one and I answered all the parts of the question but I couldn't think for the life of me what to put in conclusion so I left it. Looking at the mark scheme now it says that a conclusion would make it more coherent but it doesn't necessarily say that it'll improve my mark if I had one. Can anyone help? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it makes you feel better I didn't have time to check my essay at all for grammar etc🙈
You may lose a about 2-3 marks for content because it adds to the structure of the essay and also signifies to the examiner that you have come to the end instead of running out of time. Also I didn't have time to check my grammar either
I think I lost about 5 marks listening 15 reading and got 25 in essay is that a fail?!
Original post by NatBrownBac
I think I lost about 5 marks listening 15 reading and got 25 in essay is that a fail?!

Are you joking??! Definitely not! I would be chuffed if I got that :smile: That's 80/110 I think, so using last year's grade boundaries, you would've got a B.
So guys... How were your results for French?
Original post by Nijuuninichi
So guys... How were your results for French?

Got an A, full marks on speaking and about 91 on paper I think, really happy :smile: you? x
Got an A, full marks on the speaking 😄
Well done guys!

I got full ums in the written paper (no idea how!) and 53/60 in speaking.
Reply 555
Original post by learner248
Got an A, full marks on the speaking 😄

Original post by Nijuuninichi
Well done guys!

I got full ums in the written paper (no idea how!) and 53/60 in speaking.

Got 48/60 and 100/140. You guys beat me im a failure
4 ums off a B :mad:
50/60 speaking
86/140 written paper
I got a mid B on the written paper, but 58/60 on the speaking so I got an A. I was so happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 558
Original post by Azzer11
I got a mid B on the written paper, but 58/60 on the speaking so I got an A. I was so happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do so well on the speaking?
Original post by SCAR H
How did you do so well on the speaking?

I really don't know, I hardly prepared for it too. To be fair, the examiner was sent from heaven, she was really helpful. She contributed tot he conversation, provoked you to use complex French. The most helpful thing was that she didn't linger too long on a topic, which is good for me as I can only quickly think of 2 or 3 ideas before I start struggling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending