Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattT26)
    That just means "can we..." as opposed to "how can we..." So you'd probably lose 1 out of 4, but you'd get both marks assuming the rest is right
    What? Surely the 'comment' makes that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahdw)
    Ohhh, sheeet. Didn't see that in that case, yeah it's right. They prefer people to invert the word order instead of using "est-ce que", because it's better French, but you'd most likely still get the marks. Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    What If I put comment then how is that not right? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_maria)
    What If I put comment then how is that not right? :/
    I think what you put was right, then someone misread, and didn't see the 'comment', and I got unnecessarily confused. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I think what you put was right, then someone misread, and didn't see the 'comment', and I got unnecessarily confused. Sorry!
    No it's fine thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Bringing back this thread to say that if anyone's interested, Mehrdad jafari has uploaded this June's AQA papers to a Google Drive, including A2 French. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...TFnNzNHXzJ0Nmc

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries now the day is near?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineBean)
    Anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries now the day is near?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing...
    A* 99/110
    A 88/110
    B 76/110

I can't see it being as high as last year because there was problems with the marking then but I'm not entirely sure to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIts_Liam)
    I'm guessing...
    A* 99/110
    A 88/110
    B 76/110

I can't see it being as high as last year because there was problems with the marking then but I'm not entirely sure to be honest
    Problems with the marking?

Thankyou, that seems low to what I was expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Problems with the marking?

Thankyou, that seems low to what I was expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what i mean by problems is...well, read this article, it may make you feel better

http://www.theguardian.com/education...emes-penalised

anyway what are your predictions for the grade boundaries?

(we'll know in approx 3 hours anyway)

ReputationRep:
    what i mean by problems is...well, read this article, it may make you feel better

http://www.theguardian.com/education...emes-penalised

anyway what are your predictions for the grade boundaries?

(we'll know in approx 3 hours anyway)
    Haha I got an E in my AS French exam last year so I'll blame it on poor examiners and marking

Well i was thinking perhaps 90/110 for an A, 79 for a B etc.. Purely based off the fact that the essay questions were quite easy (I did one of the film questions which was quite simply 'how have you reacted to the ideas/themes in the film') but the listening was so difficult (****ing pesticides) and reading was quite tough so who knows.. Good luck! What do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I got an E in my AS French exam last year so I'll blame it on poor examiners and marking

Well i was thinking perhaps 90/110 for an A, 79 for a B etc.. Purely based off the fact that the essay questions were quite easy (I did one of the film questions which was quite simply 'how have you reacted to the ideas/themes in the film' but the listening was so difficult (****ing pesticides) and reading was quite tough so who knows.. Good luck! What do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's quite hard to predict tbh but as I said they'll be posted at midnight tonight so I'll link them here. Good luck to you too! I need AAA, you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's quite hard to predict tbh but as I said they'll be posted at midnight tonight so I'll link them here. Good luck to you too! I need AAA, you?
    Ok thanks. I only need BCC (seems miniscule in comparison to all the geniuses on here) but a levels are not my strong point so I feel its attainable. I'd like my B in French preferably as I've improved massively.
    Are you going to study languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone freaking out now? The grade boundaries are always ridiculous for languages. I also worry about the standard of marking. Last year my friend who did spanish got a B in the unit 3 paper. It was remarked and went up 24 ums to A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. I only need BCC (seems miniscule in comparison to all the geniuses on here) but a levels are not my strong point so I feel its attainable. I'd like my B in French preferably as I've improved massively.
    Are you going to study languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, medicine (if Thursday goes to plan) but I love french so am hoping to carry it on. What about you, where/what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    No, medicine (if Thursday goes to plan) but I love french so am hoping to carry it on. What about you, where/what are you studying?
    Psychology at Derby. Much as I like the look of the course I've always been torn between that and French, so I think if I'm in clearing I'll be changing my mind. It's a lovely language, I'm a deferred entry and I'm spending a year out there first good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When will the mark schemes for AQA be released? Is it at the same time as the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feeebz)
    When will the mark schemes for AQA be released? Is it at the same time as the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mark schemes wont be released for ages. Like next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A* 98 A 92 B 83

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_maria)
    Mark schemes wont be released for ages. Like next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just seen the mark scheme...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.