Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Spooky I feel like a prophet!

ReputationRep:
    I just got the email too, which I panicked whilst opening then was relieved when I saw the word "Successful" lol

Hang tight everyone! And Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    No email, 'online tests completed' on the portal, I'm getting less optimistic by the minute. Shame really as I got to the AC last year, and these tests are usually my strong point so without trying to sound cocky I'd be quite surprised if I hadn't passed. Guess I must have had an off day. Ah well there's always next year.

ReputationRep:
    was your status showing as invited to online test or online test completed before it was updated?

Edit; for those who have received successful emails

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a flat out rejection yet?(as opposed to online tests completes). Either by email or on the portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2003132)
    Has anyone received a flat out rejection yet?(as opposed to online tests completes). Either by email or on the portal
    didnt someone say earlier that theirs had changed to unsuccessful ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insertusernme)
    was your status showing as invited to online test or online test completed before it was updated?

Edit; for those who have received successful emails
    My status was already updated 'Invited to assessment centre' yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On previous page something stated their status had changed to 'unsuccessful'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    Mine has just changed from test completed to unsuccessful oh well
    Did you get an unsuccessful email? Nearly everyone passes Stage 2 tests, only those who score very high go through to AC.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping that 'online tests completed' means that we're in a later batch that hasn't been processed yet. Please let that be true.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys. My status changed yesterday to online test completed. This morning when I checked in my portal it had moved to unsuccessful applications. My journey ends here. Good luck to all and Happy New Year

ReputationRep:
    got an email telling me i'm on reserve list. holding out for AO/HO roles later in the year...

ReputationRep:
    Me

Just got it now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iffy146)
    Hi Guys. My status changed yesterday to online test completed. This morning when I checked in my portal it had moved to unsuccessful applications. My journey ends here. Good luck to all and Happy New Year
    Wow, thats quite a surprise. Last year only 50% was required in the analytical test to pass, only 200 people failed at Stage 2 last year, most others were offered O jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats a bummer.

Just got an email saying im successful at stage 2 - not on reserve list.

I met the minimum standard but my scores werent high enough to be invited to the assessment centre.

I will be considered for any other posts which come available in the next 9 months apparently.

Not sure how that can be described as successful.

ReputationRep:
    "Although I am pleased to advise you that you reached the minimum standard at stage 2 your scores on the analysis test and deductive reasoning tests was not high enough to be invited to the assessment centre or be included on the reserve list for assessment centre"

(Original post by Allblues)
    Well thats a bummer.

I met the minimum standard but my scores werent high enough to be invited to the assessment centre.

I will be considered for any other posts which come available in the next 9 months apparently.

Same here. Third time I've failed to get to the AC

Guess I'll try again next year or apply for ATSP in the future

ReputationRep:
    Well thats a bummer.

I got the exact same email, and I got this email last year aswell. Its good because you will possibly offered a band O job in the near future, so better than nothing. But your right, I wouldn't describe that as successful either.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats a bummer.

Also got this same email.. It's disappointing!

ReputationRep:
    Me too - not even on the reserve. Ah well. Best to take it on the chin and smile and move on eh.

Band O and HO jobs are offered to the stage 2/3 successful candidates who don't get on the TSP so it's an option for a few of you, I took a HO post from last years application!

Hope everyone has a lovely new year and best of luck to the AC ones :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    I got the exact same email, and I got this email last year aswell. Its good because you will possibly offered a band O job in the near future, so better than nothing. But your right, I wouldn't describe that as successful either.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I feel particularly frustrated because my status yesterday had changed to invited for assesment, and then subsequently changed again, although I never received an email at that time confirming it.

Im already in a band O post at the moment so fingers crossed I might be considered for a HO on the back of this.

Best of luck to those who got through.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.