Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Don't know hopefully soon I can't take it anymore 😂
    We'll find out in february if we've been selected to attend an interview in march (the march dates seem to be the only ones left)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adershsaravanaa)
    We'll find out in february if we've been selected to attend an interview in march (the march dates seem to be the only ones left)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I received a rejection today from Newcastle (graduate entry) so this is my last option but Keele did ask me for my uni transcripts not long ago so fingers crossed!! Do any other graduates have any advice for funding?

ReputationRep:
    I received a rejection today from Newcastle (graduate entry) so this is my last option but Keele did ask me for my uni transcripts not long ago so fingers crossed!! Do any other graduates have any advice for funding?
    Sorry to hear that! What was your UKCAT?
    From your other posts your gamsat was really good so maybe look into 4 year ones again next year if you're unlucky this time around!

I'm a grad too waiting on keele. Not been asked for transcript but I did out all my modules on UCAS.

As for funding, most people I know who are doing 5 years as a grad are getting help from their family or they've saved up money for a few years to help cover some of it. It isn't feasible any other way really as there are no loans anywhere for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Sorry to hear that! What was your UKCAT?
    From your other posts your gamsat was really good so maybe look into 4 year ones again next year if you're unlucky this time around!

I'm a grad too waiting on keele. Not been asked for transcript but I did out all my modules on UCAS.

As for funding, most people I know who are doing 5 years as a grad are getting help from their family or they've saved up money for a few years to help cover some of it. It isn't feasible any other way really as there are no loans anywhere for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I mean I could ask family but I feel bad as its a lot of money I've been looking into bursaries from charities and the uni itself to try and help just a little bit but £9000 a year is a lot to pay, I'm hoping Keele will have some kind of system in place to help those people who have to may and maybe accept instalments?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mean I could ask family but I feel bad as its a lot of money I've been looking into bursaries from charities and the uni itself to try and help just a little bit but £9000 a year is a lot to pay, I'm hoping Keele will have some kind of system in place to help those people who have to may and maybe accept instalments?
    I haven't heard anything like that from any uni, If I'm honest. I would maybe ring and ask them so you know where you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything like that from any uni, If I'm honest. I would maybe ring and ask them so you know where you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A girl I spoke to on the open day paid in instalments so I'll probably ask if I get an interview (I'll ring them beforehand) no point asking until then really

ReputationRep:
    I am also a grad applicant, I got asked yesterday for university transcript but I put all my modules into ucas (ones I have sat and will be sitting this year). Anyone on the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mind)
    I am also a grad applicant, I got asked yesterday for university transcript but I put all my modules into ucas (ones I have sat and will be sitting this year). Anyone on the same boat?
    I got asked for my transcript not too long ago but I forgot to put in modules I am yet to sit so maybe that's why, they want to look at chemistry content in a degree so do you have many chemistry based modules? I don't and I'm worried that might let me down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mind)
    Yeah I'm a third year Biomed and was asked yesterday if I'd taken Physics in high school (I did half my secondary school in a US based system and the other half A levels) but I didn't put any uni modules into UCAS at all. I'm hoping the fact that they asked us for transcripts/subjects means they're at least seriously considering us for interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morotibaby88)
    Yeah I'm a third year Biomed and was asked yesterday if I'd taken Physics in high school (I did half my secondary school in a US based system and the other half A levels) but I didn't put any uni modules into UCAS at all. I'm hoping the fact that they asked us for transcripts/subjects means they're at least seriously considering us for interview.
    See that's what I was considering. A few friends of mine also have applied and they are graduates too, but they never got asked for transcript, even though they never put their modules into UCAS. potentially this could mean we possibly are being considered for interview. But that's purely an assumption, so don't take my word for it.

ReputationRep:
    My nursing degree was rejected due to not enough chemistry but I'm still being considered on the basis of my gamsat results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisagee10)
    My nursing degree was rejected due to not enough chemistry but I'm still being considered on the basis of my gamsat results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gamsat for keele? I've not been asked for anything which is worrying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They accept gamsat in lieu of chemistry content in your degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No news is still good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisagee10)
    They accept gamsat in lieu of chemistry content in your degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did not know that! I have a physiology degree and 1sts in 1 organic Chem and 1 pharmacology 2nd year modules. Not sure if that's enough. But I do have a gamsat as well if necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected for the 5 year via email yesterday with my nursing degree but asked to confirm my qualifications for the possibility of doing the 6 year. I haven't been rejected on ucas though so I'm assuming they can change my choice to A104? Does anyone know any different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikingkermit)
    I was rejected for the 5 year via email yesterday with my nursing degree but asked to confirm my qualifications for the possibility of doing the 6 year. I haven't been rejected on ucas though so I'm assuming they can change my choice to A104? Does anyone know any different?
    Did you check the eligibility of your degree before you applied? I thought I used a checking link on keeles website before I applied but I could have gotten my unis mixed up. I was looking at quite a few at that time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought I use a checking thing too. But same as you I was looking at a lot. Just not sure how my application gets changed or if I have to do it with ucas some how.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having problems with there roles and responsibilities form? I had a few issues i'm slightly confused. Was the roles and responsibilities form a online form or a pdf/word sort of document like the template online? someone help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anika98)
    Is anyone else having problems with there roles and responsibilities form? I had a few issues i'm slightly confused. Was the roles and responsibilities form a online form or a pdf/word sort of document like the template online? someone help!!!
    r and r form was online. they sent an email specific to your application where u would fill it out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.