Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for maths! I'm so glad because KCL was my top pick but I didn't quite meet the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a problem logging into the myApplication for kcl. I've been sent an email with the username and password but I tried to login and it just keeps coming up with message saying that the information in incorrect. I haven't misspelt anything because I've checked so many time. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SI 1)
    I'm having a problem logging into the myApplication for kcl. I've been sent an email with the username and password but I tried to login and it just keeps coming up with message saying that the information in incorrect. I haven't misspelt anything because I've checked so many time. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?
    You should contact KCL on here
    https://www.kcl.ac.uk/aboutkings/org...back-form.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avila.C)
    You should contact KCL on here
    https://www.kcl.ac.uk/aboutkings/org...back-form.aspx
    ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminestanley)
    I just got an offer for maths! I'm so glad because KCL was my top pick but I didn't quite meet the requirements.
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking, what were your predcitions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Comp. Sci, I've had a reply and I'm being harassed over them wanting proof of me being legible for local student fees, so I'm having a hard time getting all the paperwork together.

I'll probably get the offer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iomellie123)
    Meant to post this before, but got an unconditional for Law last Friday (11/12) - also had my interview for the Dickson Poon scholarship too yesterday
    Wow that's really good, they're taking pretty long for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Yeahh i hear that, let me know when they get back to you
    And ill let you know when mine gets sent of lol
    Yes, I finally got my offer(AAA) from Kings to study MSci Physics.

I'm gonna give it a while longer until I get all my offers back but
    I'm definitely going to put KCL as either my firm/insurance alongside with UCL.

Wbu? Have u sent off ur application & have u got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

Grats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AñaG)
    which course?
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    They can still reject you for having too low predicted grades even if they meet the minimum threshold - in fact, it's quite possible for candidates who would only just meet the standard offer.

You should look for the process used to request feedback on their website (perhaps the KCL applicant portal may prove useful here?), even though I wouldn't be optimistic - the "feedback" sent is often just an overall admissions statistic and is rarely tailored to your application, and you cannot overturn the final decisions of most universities through appeal, in the overwhelming majority of cases.

EDIT: This is particularly true when you have no extenuating circumstances, or any new evidence in favour of your acceptance, to show them during appeal. They've weighed up the merits of your application and chosen to reject you - unless you give them a reason to change their minds entirely (if that is even possible these days lol), then they have no reason to alter their decision. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the reality of the admissions process
    No idea - just google it or send them an email asking if/when you can appeal.
    Something as major as low-GCSEs should have been noted in the P.S., if King's didn't already (like Oxbridge do, apparently) have a low-GCSE flag on applications like yours.
    Some unis have an internal flagging system when you apply from a school with terribad GCSE/ A-level results, low Oxbridge admissions, low Russell Group admissions, etc. - I know Oxbridge have it, but have no idea about KCL.

I wouldn't expect it to be visible externally to the applicant - the performance of your school should have been mentioned in le reference.
    (Original post by Whyhuyrah)
    Email the undergrad admissions team. Mine had 33% inc. Maths & English and I never put it on my reference or PS... but you'll never know if you never try! Also look on The Higher education Funding council for England's (Hefce) Polar postcode check for young participation in higher education. If it's in the lowest quintile you may have some headroom I guess, also consider mentioning you left off some extra curricular stuff you've done from your PS. But It may just have been your GCSE English Language grade? Your cards would have been marked if you got below a B
    (Original post by epic within)
    My GCSEs are not outstanding, I got BBBBCCCD and I still got an offer.
    I got an offer, didnt have to appeal

ReputationRep:

Congrats!!! Yeahh i sent mine of thursday, but with predictions ABB :/ so im not holding any hopes right now. I did get an offer from manchester with a foundation year thoe.
    Im waitng to hear from kings, queen mary and Kent.
    Btw what were your predcitions again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Congrats!!! Yeahh i sent mine of thursday, but with predictions ABB :/ so im not holding any hopes right now. I did get an offer from manchester with a foundation year thoe.
    Im waitng to hear from kings, queen mary and Kent.
    Btw what were your predcitions again?
    A*AC(AAB average)predicted grades with A* in Maths, A in Physics & C in History.
    I'm hoping I can walk out with A*A*C(AAA) I just want to go there ever since that evening Physics lecture we went to. :heart: I want to go ice skating there :lol:

Your college sent it off quite last minute. Ah, congrats on your offer from Manchester. Did they give you an interview or ask for certain grades? Manchester has a excellent Physics department + Brian Cox :heart:

Where was your 5th uni that you applied to i.e manchester/kent/qmul/kings + ?
    Whats your ABB predicted grades in as in what subjects respectively?
    I still believe you have a chance at KCL.

ReputationRep:
    A*AC(AAB average)predicted grades with A* in Maths, A in Physics & C in History.
    I'm hoping I can walk out with A*A*C(AAA) I just want to go there ever since that evening Physics lecture we went to. :heart: I want to go ice skating there :lol:

Your college sent it off quite last minute. Ah, congrats on your offer from Manchester. Did they give you an interview or ask for certain grades? Manchester has a excellent Physics department + Brian Cox :heart:

Where was your 5th uni that you applied to i.e manchester/kent/qmul/kings + ?
    Whats your ABB predicted grades in as in what subjects respectively?
    I still believe you have a chance at KCL.
    Yeah I know theres still about 20 people left to send it off. I only applied to 4 as I'm confindent I'll get atleast 2 offers anyways.
    And yeah manchester's awesome, but I'd still prefer Kings cos its in London.
    A in Physics and B's in maths & Econ.
    Im still waiting for a reply from them, but its holidays now so I think I've got a long wait.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to apply for the MSc programme in International Marketing at KCL. However, the requirements state:

"1st Class or good 2:1 class undergraduate degree (65 per cent or above in the UK marking system) required in a social science related area (e.g. management, economics, psychology, history, sociology, law or other appropriate social science subject) or an equivalent overseas qualification.
    Please note a science/engineering degree may be considered where social science skills have been an important component of the degree or a candidate has significant marketing practice experience."

I will certainly graduate with a 2:1 class undergraduate degree. However, I do not think that I will have 65% or above (we do not have a marking system utilising percentage so I'm a bit lost here). Is there a chance I could be given an offer anyway due to my extensive experience through part-time jobs, internships and volunteering or is this £40 application fee absolutely wasted? Has anyone -perhaps personally - experienced getting in despite missing the requirements a bit or knows someone who did?

ReputationRep:
    any law offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galatasaray1905)
    any law offers
    Yep, they've begun to come out - I got mine 11/12, and I sent my application out very early in October

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for PPE and have just received an email inviting me to an offer holders open day in 2016, however my ucas track hasn't changed nor my King's portal. Has anyone else received this email or does anyone know what it means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vjcx)
    I am applying for PPE and have just received an email inviting me to an offer holders open day in 2016, however my ucas track hasn't changed nor my King's portal. Has anyone else received this email or does anyone know what it means?
    Hey, I am also applying for PPE and have received the same email. I wonder what it means...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I have applied to kings to study Adult nursing in 2016 and they've gotten in touch, which is good. I have been asked to send proof that i have been resident in the uk in the past 3 years. Is my bank statement enough for this as i dont have a mortgage or bills (i'm a live in nanny!). Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by williamfichtner)
    Hey, I am also applying for PPE and have received the same email. I wonder what it means...
    I am also in the same situation. I clicked on the 'Book here' and it said this: "Now that you hold an offer to study at King's College London we would like to invite you to the Strand Campus to find out more about King’s and your chosen degree. You will have the chance to attend a session on your subject, where you will have the chance to meet academics and other students from your department, and will be able to speak to many of the student services departments here at the university."

However, I have not received anything saying that I have an offer. Hope this is good news!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.