Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time Europe bans Islam & muslim immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    so u saying that they should ban me all coz i am muslims
    If anyone thinks you shouldn't be here then I'm sure it would be because you can't string a sentence together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There will no doubt be muslims who were killed in Paris.

IS does not represent the muslim faith as I understand it, and I am not a muslim, but have read parts of the koran, as part of my personal education to be better informed about the world and why we have the problems we have.
    I would urge people to read the koran. Education is surely about being informed, and a decent debate can only be had if people make the effort to get informed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie62)
    There will no doubt be muslims who were killed in Paris.

IS does not represent the muslim faith as I understand it, and I am not a muslim, but have read parts of the koran, as part of my personal education to be better informed about the world and why we have the problems we have.
    I would urge people to read the koran. Education is surely about being informed, and a decent debate can only be had if people make the effort to get informed.
    I just find it a bit ironic that you are telling people to read the Qur'an and yet have only read parts of it. Here's a thought: have a look at not only the Qur'an but also the Hadiths and a reliable history book that documents and narrates Islamic history since its inception. You will find a faith that is steeped in violence and sometimes ambiguity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Well Japan pretty much takes this approach.

Its too late for Europe as it has a significant muslim population. The way forward is for people, politicians, media and muslims to acknowledge the harmful islamic doctrine and encourage and give a large platform to genuine Muslim Liberals like Maijid Nawaz to try and liberalise and reform Islam and its views
    Oh stop with this BS really this is your solution to stopping terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

Yes please.

Everybody who doesn't obey the laws to be put back out of Europe, no matter forcefully or not.

Law is for everybody not only for the natives, otherwise it is not law but discrimination in a Nazi scale.

All these fake 'refugees' many times broke the law and passed many borders against the law plus other offences. Europe doesn't need criminals and anti-social savages.

All of them, no matter how, to be brought back out of Europe, I don't care where, but not here. They don't belong to Europe and don't want to belong.

Get them all out of Europe, I don't care where, let them flee Mediterranean again. If they found a way to come, they will find a way to get back too.

Nobody owes them anything. They are not invited from the common people and with the agreement of the common people. Politicians can pay their bills from their own pockets, I don't want to pay political mistakes.

Get them out of here, immediately. If other Muslims living in Europe resist, get them out too. Who doesn't want to belong and respect European culture, is kindly invited to leave it in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahima900)
    You guys are very close minded. I'm sure when you guys were little you must have had an experience with a Muslim in a positive way, that doesn't mean they'll kill you. You need to take into account of the individual not the religion, wheres your respect at? In the HISTORY of the world, who has KILLED maximum INNOCENT human beings there lies many. 'Hitler' - Do you know who he was? He was a Christian, but media will never call Christians terrorists. 'Joseph Stalin called as Uncle Joe' - He has killed 20 million human beings including 14.5 million were starved to death. Was he a Muslim? 'Mao Tse Tsung (China)' - He has killed 14 to 20 million human beings. Was he a Muslim? 'Benito Mussolini (Italy)' - He has killed 400 thousand human beings. Was he a Muslim? 'Ashoka' In Kalinga Battle - He has killed 100 thousand human beings. Was he a Muslim? Embargo put by George Bush in Iraq - 1/2 million children has been killed in Iraq alone! Today the majority of the non-muslims are afraid by hearing the words "JIHAD". Jihad is an Arabic word which comes from the root Arabic word "JAHADA" which means "TO STRIVE" or "TO STRUGGLE" against evil and for justice. It does not mean killing innocents!!! You still think that ISLAM is the problem? The First World War, 17 million dead (caused by non-Muslim). The Second World War, 50-55 million dead (caused by non-Muslim). Nagasaki atomic bombs 200000 dead (caused by non-Muslim). The War in Vietnam, over 5 million dead (caused by non-Muslim). The War in Bosnia/Kosovo, over 5,00,000 dead (caused by non-Muslim). The War in Iraq (so far) 12,000,000 deaths (caused by non-Muslim). Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Burma etc (caused by non-Muslim). In Cambodia 1975-1979, almost 3 million deaths (caused by non-Muslim). MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORISTS AND TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS. Just think before you speak!

Stop making excuses.

Europe doesn't want Islam. Take it as it is.

Forcing people to like an aggressive and nasty religion doesn't give you a favour, it only creates resentment and hate.

No matter how you Muslims insist, no matter how you lie and force Europeans, that makes it even worse. Stop at all forcing people to believe in your Islamic lies, people don't want Islam nor Muslims around.

When you all will realise that more push and force over common people only will raise the scale of violence and at the end you will finish defended with no mercy. It is your mistake to force people and to make them defend from you and your ugly Middle ages religion.

People don't want you, simple. Can you please take your religion back in the Middle East and stop forcing people to accept it?

If people don't accept it so be it. Why do you need to force them?

ReputationRep:
    Multicultural melting pot is designed to destroy all White European ethnic groups by intermixing

Jewish money buys politics in the West

Whenever people bring up this issue, the media (who owns that?) all parrot the same Antisemitism rubbish.

Racism is a social construct these Jews created, along with political correctness and hate speech to put a gag on those racially conscious White's to oppose their engineered destruction of Western civilization.

Ace is a shill always attacking Muslims but defending the Jews who do this to us.

ReputationRep:
    Cin.Na.

(Original post by WakeUpWhites)
    Multicultural melting pot is designed to destroy all White European ethnic groups by intermixing
    I thought i just share some posts of mine on other threads on here for your consideration.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (1) French president threats and promises are empty ones. It's not that he won't do anything in retaliation about this attack. He just doesn't know where to start. Few months ago he and the German Chancellor were shouting from the rooftops to allow refugees/asylum seekers to enter Europe without the need to be processed for criminal records or HIV status. hundreds of thousands of people who were clearly economic migrants decided to uproot and make the journey to Europe. Why?

because as long as you set foot on any of the european countries you will be given travel papers and you can move within those countries with ease. and where do you think these people will go to? UK of course. she has a strong currency, a weak government that dishes out benefits and a judiciary that bangs on about human rights. if i were an economic migrant I would be packing my bags right now and making the journey to europe to eventually settle in UK. I don't have to work for the rest of my life because I can claim benefits and have many children since healthcare and education is free. if my children want to pursue university education they can always take a student loan first and choose not to pay it back later on.

but going back to paris attack, i pin the blame on the french president and the German Chancellor. ISIS made it clear many months ago they would flood Europe with their terrorists. Even then, the german chancellor went on to announce to the world that anyone and everyone from war torn countries can now enter europe and she also made the decision for the other EU countries as to how many 'migrants' each country should take in. All this without the need for them to be screened for criminal records or HIV status or whether they were genuinely fleeing war torn countries or if they actually had legit passports. and whenever a politician or political party or organisation raised the question of sensibility of such policies, they are accused of being racist towards these 'migrants'. so what happened in the end? hundreds of people died in a theatre.

the french president can walk on the streets with flowers looking sombre for the cameras. millions of people around the world can change their FB and forum display pics to that of the tri-colour of the french flag. threats and promises can be made to rectify this terror attack. but they can never reverse what has happened. you know why? because these politicians haven't got a clue what to do. this is the price to pay when you promote multiculturalism without first understanding that not everyone is built in the same way.

i give it another week before the calm after the storm arrives. news agencies will lessen their coverage on the paris terror attack and life will go on as normal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (2) Multiculturalism is a myth. its a theory. the birth of multiculturalism betrayed the deaths of millions of British troops who perished in hundreds of wars to protect Queen and country from foreign invasions. But look what successive governments since Thatcher have done to betray the deaths of this millions of brave British troops. They have made one policy blunder after another and the prime suspect is Blair. Why he hasn't been produced at the Hague for war crimes is beyond me!

but Blair has to be the one to bear most of the blame. There was a leaked memo in which it said that Blair wanted to promote multiculturalism at all costs (in an attempt to win one particular general election) so he allowed hundreds of thousands of people from certain countries to enter UK with the least possible hindrance (in terms of paperwork) as possible. but these people were very traditional in their thinking, uneducated and had no skills to benefit UK. so when these hundreds of thousands of people entered UK, they made full use of the variety of state welfare benefits on offer. and who bears the cost? the ever obliging taxpayer.

the only people shouting from the rooftops about multiculturalism naturally for obvious reasons are
    • university academics because they themselves are foreigners from Europe who appreciate the strength of the British currency, desperately want to cling onto their tenure-ships and much better contract in terms of monetary value (as compared to if they were to remain in their home country and teaching there) and they know that UK and not their home country, is the capital of most first world countries for university education
    • foreigners based in UK who are self proclaimed experts on issues in their respective home countries but who are eager to appear on SKY and BBC London studios to give their advice on these matters instead of actually returning to their home country to try to solve those problems there
    • migrants from second and third world countries
    • children of migrants from second and third world countries
    • people who have married partners from outside of the UK
    With the paris attacks President Hollande has done the unthinkable when he ordered the country's borders to be shut. He also conceded that the policy of the free movement of people and the absence of borders is flawed. Couple of news reports also cited him as having said that this could possibly be the start of the dismantling of the EU. I'm glad Hollande has come to his senses. But this has all come too late and at such a hefty, painful price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blur Ella)
    Cin.Na.

I thought i just share some posts of mine on other threads on here for your consideration.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (1) French president threats and promises are empty ones. It's not that he won't do anything in retaliation about this attack. He just doesn't know where to start. Few months ago he and the German Chancellor were shouting from the rooftops to allow refugees/asylum seekers to enter Europe without the need to be processed for criminal records or HIV status. hundreds of thousands of people who were clearly economic migrants decided to uproot and make the journey to Europe. Why?

because as long as you set foot on any of the european countries you will be given travel papers and you can move within those countries with ease. and where do you think these people will go to? UK of course. she has a strong currency, a weak government that dishes out benefits and a judiciary that bangs on about human rights. if i were an economic migrant I would be packing my bags right now and making the journey to europe to eventually settle in UK. I don't have to work for the rest of my life because I can claim benefits and have many children since healthcare and education is free. if my children want to pursue university education they can always take a student loan first and choose not to pay it back later on.

but going back to paris attack, i pin the blame on the french president and the German Chancellor. ISIS made it clear many months ago they would flood Europe with their terrorists. Even then, the german chancellor went on to announce to the world that anyone and everyone from war torn countries can now enter europe and she also made the decision for the other EU countries as to how many 'migrants' each country should take in. All this without the need for them to be screened for criminal records or HIV status or whether they were genuinely fleeing war torn countries or if they actually had legit passports. and whenever a politician or political party or organisation raised the question of sensibility of such policies, they are accused of being racist towards these 'migrants'. so what happened in the end? hundreds of people died in a theatre.

the french president can walk on the streets with flowers looking sombre for the cameras. millions of people around the world can change their FB and forum display pics to that of the tri-colour of the french flag. threats and promises can be made to rectify this terror attack. but they can never reverse what has happened. you know why? because these politicians haven't got a clue what to do. this is the price to pay when you promote multiculturalism without first understanding that not everyone is built in the same way.

i give it another week before the calm after the storm arrives. news agencies will lessen their coverage on the paris terror attack and life will go on as normal.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (2) Multiculturalism is a myth. its a theory. the birth of multiculturalism betrayed the deaths of millions of British troops who perished in hundreds of wars to protect Queen and country from foreign invasions. But look what successive governments since Thatcher have done to betray the deaths of this millions of brave British troops. They have made one policy blunder after another and the prime suspect is Blair. Why he hasn't been produced at the Hague for war crimes is beyond me!

but Blair has to be the one to bear most of the blame. There was a leaked memo in which it said that Blair wanted to promote multiculturalism at all costs (in an attempt to win one particular general election) so he allowed hundreds of thousands of people from certain countries to enter UK with the least possible hindrance (in terms of paperwork) as possible. but these people were very traditional in their thinking, uneducated and had no skills to benefit UK. so when these hundreds of thousands of people entered UK, they made full use of the variety of state welfare benefits on offer. and who bears the cost? the ever obliging taxpayer.

the only people shouting from the rooftops about multiculturalism naturally for obvious reasons are
    • university academics because they themselves are foreigners from Europe who appreciate the strength of the British currency, desperately want to cling onto their tenure-ships and much better contract in terms of monetary value (as compared to if they were to remain in their home country and teaching there) and they know that UK and not their home country, is the capital of most first world countries for university education
    • foreigners based in UK who are self proclaimed experts on issues in their respective home countries but who are eager to appear on SKY and BBC London studios to give their advice on these matters instead of actually returning to their home country to try to solve those problems there
    With the paris attacks President Hollande has done the unthinkable when he ordered the country's borders to be shut. He also conceded that the policy of the free movement of people and the absence of borders is flawed. Couple of news reports also cited him as having said that this could possibly be the start of the dismantling of the EU. I'm glad Hollande has come to his senses. But this has all come too late and at such a hefty, painful price.
    Imperialism is the death of monoculturalism. It is almost impossible for a country to form an empire and not absorb cultural elements from the territories it holds for any reasonable measure of time. Look how different the Turkish are to the Turks of the steppes. Look how different the modern Iranians are to the people of the original Farsi kingdom because of their incorporation of avestanis, etc.

The mistake Britain made was that she decided to form an empire of far flung pieces of land with peoples of vastly different and initially incompatible cultures instead of fighting for control of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahem-)
    I guess Saddam should have remained in power, at least he kept a lid on this nonsense. Sadly he didn't play by the rules of the US so was targeted.
    I can't stand this argument that Saddam should have been kept in power because he kept a lid on all the sectarian violence. It's to say that Arabs are so stupid and useless that they need an oppressive, brutal dictator to keep themselves from going around killing each other over things.

It's actually pretty racist

ReputationRep:
    The following question must be asked every single time people talk about the benefits of Europe, how wonderful the European Union is and if UK should remain in the EU. ''Who should and can UK trust? Europe or the Commonwealth''? The answer is obvious.

ReputationRep:
    People like you are uneducated and clueless. A month ago in Turkey, 150 people were killed from the ISIS bombings, and why hasn't the media promotes such event. Because the western world is used to these events, and the media finds it being normal. And maybe because its a Muslim country? People need to wake up and think the truth, social media and the media is controlling your minds. WAKE UP. These bombings happen in Palestine every day, and why isn't Israil seen as terrorists? They are killing 100s of innocent children every day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.
    It truly is sad how many acts of terrorism there have been in this year alone and I wish peace to those who lost their lives as well as their families but you know what? We talk about Muslims and their "religion of terrorism" and how so many attacks have been carried out by them but there are so many flaws in this:

1) The majority of Muslims who actually do these attacks are, in fact, not actually Muslim. ISIS for example; yes, the Qur'an has one specific line (which is always taken out of context) which is always referred to when people talk about Muslims... "... then kill the polytheists wherever you find them..." Allah asks his followers to kill the polytheists/pagans. This is true. HOWEVER, Allah sent this surah, Surat Al-Tawbah down at a time where pagans were seriously harming and fighting the Muslims just for being, well, Muslim. And as Islam arised in times where there were lots of pagans/polytheists they all wanted to defend their beliefs and fought with the Muslims who were trying to convince people of their religion in a nice, civil manner, unlike ISIS. The point in Surat Al-Tawbah is, however, after Allah tells his believers to kill thy pagans/polytheists, in the sentence afterwards he tells his followers if they repent (say sorry for their actions) not to harm them and forgive them and if they seek asylum to offer it to them. "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah. and then escort him to where he can be secure." This is because in the Qur'an, Allah makes it very clear if you kill an innocent human being it's like killing all of mankind. If ISIS were really Muslim they would know this... Also, a man who was held hostage by ISIS, Didier Francois, claimed, while being held hostage that ISIS never really had any religious discussions, only political and never gave the hostages the Qur'an nor ever refer to it... Don't you think that's strange? A terrorist group claiming to kill people in the name of religion never actually referring to their holy book? Hmmm...

2) Europe has already tried to decrease the amount of refugees fleeing into Europe - countries have set limits to the amount of people allowed in as well restraining MUSLIM refugees from entering the country, such as Poland. It is not the fault of the Syrians who actually want to live peacefully for those who abuse the liberty of being allowed into countries like France and start fighting. It also isn't fair to the Syrians to be kicked out of a country/not let into a country because they are being based off the highly small population of the Muslim world who are extremists as well as terrorists. Also, if European countries are so concerned about the amount of Muslims coming into Europe, perhaps instead of just letting all "refugees" in they should do body checks, just to check if they have any weapons on them and perhaps do some background check on who said person claims to be, while this process takes place perhaps put them in a refugee camp and then decide whether or not to let them in. That reduces the amount of people who could be a potential threat to Europe. Finally, Europeans have stated their concerns of Europe becoming an Islamic continent however, only 4% of the population of Europe is Muslim and, as a said statistic claimed, if all Syrians moved to Europe it would only increase the Muslim pop. to 5-6%... To add to that point, most Syrian/refugees currently in Europe have done nothing to harm the country they're currently in. A German man let 10 Syrian refugees into his house and he said he was extremely disappointed by their civil and thoughtful behaviour, he expected them to steal things and hurt him and/or his partner when in fact they barely touched anything and never asked for anything except food and other necessities.
    3) We blame Muslims for all terrorist acts and always talk about it. Why don't we talk about the market bombing in Nigeria? 30 people dead. Why don't we talk about police brutality in certain places/areas? There are 1.57 billion Muslims in the world, if they were all terrorists we surely would all be dead by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jensenbudz611)
    It truly is sad how many acts of terrorism there have been in this year alone and I wish peace to those who lost their lives as well as their families but you know what? We talk about Muslims and their "religion of terrorism" and how so many attacks have been carried out by them but there are so many flaws in this:

1) The majority of Muslims who actually do these attacks are, in fact, not actually Muslim. ISIS for example; yes, the Qur'an has one specific line (which is always taken out of context) which is always referred to when people talk about Muslims... "... then kill the polytheists wherever you find them..." Allah asks his followers to kill the polytheists/pagans. This is true. HOWEVER, Allah sent this surah, Surat Al-Tawbah down at a time where pagans were seriously harming and fighting the Muslims just for being, well, Muslim. And as Islam arised in times where there were lots of pagans/polytheists they all wanted to defend their beliefs and fought with the Muslims who were trying to convince people of their religion in a nice, civil manner, unlike ISIS. The point in Surat Al-Tawbah is, however, after Allah tells his believers to kill thy pagans/polytheists, in the sentence afterwards he tells his followers if they repent (say sorry for their actions) not to harm them and forgive them and if they seek asylum to offer it to them. "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah. and then escort him to where he can be secure." This is because in the Qur'an, Allah makes it very clear if you kill an innocent human being it's like killing all of mankind. If ISIS were really Muslim they would know this... Also, a man who was held hostage by ISIS, Didier Francois, claimed, while being held hostage that ISIS never really had any religious discussions, only political and never gave the hostages the Qur'an nor ever refer to it... Don't you think that's strange? A terrorist group claiming to kill people in the name of religion never actually referring to their holy book? Hmmm...

2) Europe has already tried to decrease the amount of refugees fleeing into Europe - countries have set limits to the amount of people allowed in as well restraining MUSLIM refugees from entering the country, such as Poland. It is not the fault of the Syrians who actually want to live peacefully for those who abuse the liberty of being allowed into countries like France and start fighting. It also isn't fair to the Syrians to be kicked out of a country/not let into a country because they are being based off the highly small population of the Muslim world who are extremists as well as terrorists. Also, if European countries are so concerned about the amount of Muslims coming into Europe, perhaps instead of just letting all "refugees" in they should do body checks, just to check if they have any weapons on them and perhaps do some background check on who said person claims to be, while this process takes place perhaps put them in a refugee camp and then decide whether or not to let them in. That reduces the amount of people who could be a potential threat to Europe. Finally, Europeans have stated their concerns of Europe becoming an Islamic continent however, only 4% of the population of Europe is Muslim and, as a said statistic claimed, if all Syrians moved to Europe it would only increase the Muslim pop. to 5-6%... To add to that point, most Syrian/refugees currently in Europe have done nothing to harm the country they're currently in. A German man let 10 Syrian refugees into his house and he said he was extremely disappointed by their civil and thoughtful behaviour, he expected them to steal things and hurt him and/or his partner when in fact they barely touched anything and never asked for anything except food and other necessities.
    3) We blame Muslims for all terrorist acts and always talk about it. Why don't we talk about the market bombing in Nigeria? 30 people dead. Why don't we talk about police brutality in certain places/areas? There are 1.57 billion Muslims in the world, if they were all terrorists we surely would all be dead by now.

I'll answer you, I hope you will catch the hint.

Every religion has restrictions and requirements about new followers.

The only religion to force people to act as Muslims is Islam. No other religion using force for gathering followers. The other way round, well developed religions restrict followers and demand them to be a high level human beings.

Only Islam force every rat on the planet to become Muslim, only they don't have requirements and exams, and don't put efforts to uplift the spirit of their followers.

That is a pitiful religion, I am telling you....

Only rapes and killings in their minds.....no peace, no beauty, no love. Nothing.

It will pass away and normal people will wonder what was that Islam? like nowadays people wonder what was the Mayan culture killing people for the God's fun and food?

No blood being wasted - God is putting them under exam - and they fail.

Let them kill and rape, God will take its revenge for the killed and raped, trust me.

God is above us all.

ReputationRep:
    Hello OP, i see some potential, because the vast majority if not all terrorist attacks are caused by muslims. But one thing is absolutely clear, the vast majority of muslims are peaceful, law-abiding and good citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    We should accept more immigrants generally, but attempt to block extremists. Simply being an ordinary day-to-day Muslim would not necessarily be enough to justify blocking someone from entering, despite what Islamic ideology says on paper.
    Convince me why it is our responsibility (the British public) to take these people in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Convince me why it is our responsibility (the British public) to take these people in.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    great question. repped you for that.

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    That isn't my fault. If they try to codify anti-muslim laws, they aren't going to be met with an embrace. Unless a huge number of non muslim liberals join with muslims and demand it to be removed, muslims in the uk will be obligated to fight - especially if we get told to leave or convert. A british inquisition -will- result in civil war.
    you have no ****ing clue how to fight the Right Wing.
    there won't be a civil war because you shouldn't wage a war you can not win.
    you will be told to get out especially if you're a non-native

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    do you think muslims in the uk will start getting attacked on the street now because of what has happened
    Yes, unfortunately. On the one hand our instinct is to encourage everyone to have faith in their fellow citizens and the rule of law, and to maintain behaviours in keeping with freedom of religion/expression etc; on the other hand I am advising all friends of Eastern appearance to be cautious e.g. when dressing a certain way, going out to certain places/at night/unaccompanied, at least until the shock and social outrage has died down a bit (until the next time) :rolleyes:

(Original post by TeaAndTextbooks)
    No, it's time Europe bans media lies
    Such as? :holmes:

(Original post by viddy9)
    the benefits of immigration to many immigrants far outweighs any proposed downside
    In most cases, yes, but not where Islam is concerned. Few Muslims today (genuinely) can speak of a happy/peaceful/prosperous existence in Europe, and alas the Muslims of tomorrow are likely to have it even worse

I'm really not concerned about whether it benefits Britain specifically
    That’s your opinion, to which you are entitled, but hopefully you will forgive the vast majority of the rest of the world for being rather more concerned with enhancing, or at least safeguarding, the quality of their societies, and life within them

some Muslims will still be likely to contribute a lot to Britain and integrate very well, putting them among the top of the pile
    For sure, but they will always be of Muslim descent, and hence suspected of attachment to a deeply divisive and dogmatic doctrine and cultural values/norms that are not merely incompatible with, but serve intrinsically as to pervert/threaten, our own values, security, and way of life

I know some personally
    I know a number personally myself, and some of them are better human beings/more in keeping with traditional British values/conduct than many non-Muslims will ever be, but that does not negate the facts of the matter (outlined, in brief, above, as well as in my previous contributions in this thread)

I believe that we're obligated to increase net well-being, even if it means that some people have to become worse off
    No, what you appear to believe is that the rest of society is obliged to accept unnecessary risks so that your warped pseudo-altruistic conscience can be satisfied that ‘we’ are doing our bit.*

When you can come back here and tell us that you have taken a young devout Muslim Syrian man of fighting age, who has experienced brutality at first hand and about whom you know very little, then you can come back and talk about what “we’re obligated” to do and have some credibility

Some form of world government or at least an open borders system that paid out an unconditional basic income may be preferable
    Do you have any idea how undemocratic and oppressive that paradigm would likely become? The transnational crony capitalists who already ostensively pull the strings in many respects/areas internationally would have a ****ing field day. What we do not need is inward looking/self-serving global political elites, disconnected from their constituents and hence ultimately unaccountable, what we need is community-centric localised political actors who work cooperatively with leaders of other jurisdictions/are outward looking and by their very nature well connected with/accountable to their constituents

If we reach the point at which we are giving too much abroad to allow for future giving, then we should obviously give a bit less.
    The problem with the left is that few of those who stick to it dogmatically really fully understand economics, the politics of identity, or even human nature, except when viewed through a myopic sentimental/ideologue lens. This applies very much to the point I make above about the social sustainability of UK based Muslims who cannot win almost no matter how they behave in societies outside the Muslim world on account of their uniquely ingrained/unshakable ‘suspects’ status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    OP, 'TELL YOUR LEADERS TO STOP FUNDING "JIHADISTS" AND TERRORIST FACTIONS IN THE MIDDLE EAST THEN. THAT MAY HELP'.

Saw this on Twitter. Couldn't have put it better myself
    true - western governments seem to have taken an obsession form the 1990s of supporting sunni islam and its radical groups. we nned to disconnect form them entirely.

but the same can be said of the muslims populations, particulalrly in uk and west - you also stop funding terrorism

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.