Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ibte10)
    Yeah hopefully! Congratulations on your grades.
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Oh Great
    Could you please help me on this question and i am having sooo much trouble
    --- Analyse and evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, and slimming products.
    Oohh Erm, I have never studied this but would it be worth looking at maybe a case study and seeing what they claim compared to what they actually do, or comparing it to another product or non-slimming regime?

I'm sorry I can't really be of much help but if I think of anything I'll let you know and I'll try to do some research for you if I get time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Oohh Erm, I have never studied this but would it be worth looking at maybe a case study and seeing what they claim compared to what they actually do, or comparing it to another product or non-slimming regime?

I'm sorry I can't really be of much help but if I think of anything I'll let you know and I'll try to do some research for you if I get time
    OK Thank you i have researched some but I cannot get anything

ReputationRep:
    OK Thank you i have researched some but I cannot get anything
    What exam board is this?

ReputationRep:
    What exam board is this?
    aqa

ReputationRep:
    aqa
    How much marks is this question? I did my biology last year on AQA exam board.

ReputationRep:
    How much marks is this question? I did my biology last year on AQA exam board.
    I dont know it was on the specification

ReputationRep:
    I dont know it was on the specification
    Do you know if this is on B1,B2 OR B3?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if this is on B1,B2 OR B3?
    B1 Diets and Exercise

ReputationRep:
    B1 Diets and Exercise
    That is weird i dont remember learning this. I will see if my can find something for you though.

ReputationRep:
    That is weird i dont remember learning this. I will see if my can find something for you though.
    Oh Okay it was on the specification so i thought i might as well know it all because i want an A*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR 12/03/16
    So, I'll admit that I haven't done as much as I had hoped, and I suppose the club this morning until 12 threw me a bit, but only 1 week left of the 11 weeks

I have managed to make notes on (hand-written up neat):
    • Using Plant Oils (Chem)
    • Osmosis (Bio)
    • Transport Systems In Plants - Phloem and Xylem (Bio)
    • Alkali Metals Group 1 (Chem)
    • History of the Atom (Chem)
    • Water Purity (Chem)
    • Testing for Pure Water (Chem)

And I have managed to write up my German in order and neatly, so I can try and learn it for the practice onFirday but it is nearly 4 A4 pages, so it's going to be a tricky one
    I'll certainly try though

And I printed some more past papers to do in the week if I get chance

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 12/03/16
    So, I'll admit that I haven't done as much as I had hoped, and I suppose the club this morning until 12 threw me a bit, but only 1 week left of the 11 weeks

I have managed to make notes on (hand-written up neat):
    • Using Plant Oils (Chem)
    • Osmosis (Bio)
    • Transport Systems In Plants - Phloem and Xylem (Bio)
    • Alkali Metals Group 1 (Chem)
    • History of the Atom (Chem)
    • Water Purity (Chem)
    • Testing for Pure Water (Chem)
    And I have managed to write up my German in order and neatly, so I can try and learn it for the practice onFirday but it is nearly 4 A4 pages, so it's going to be a tricky one
    I'll certainly try though

And I printed some more past papers to do in the week if I get chance
    WOW Well done, i swear you will get great grades Zoe Can i ask you that you know when you write up the notes do you memorise them... and wow you do german i did it for a year and now i remember how to say my name Lol
    Ich habe Nisha. Although i do French and i am fluent french because i was born there, i can guarantee an A* ( let me not get my hopes up but i hope i will get an A*)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    WOW Well done, i swear you will get great grades Zoe Can i ask you that you know when you write up the notes do you memorise them... and wow you do german i did it for a year and now i remember how to say my name Lol
    Ich habe Nisha. Although i do French and i am fluent french because i was born there, i can guarantee an A* ( let me not get my hopes up but i hope i will get an A*)
    Thank you - I hope so. And as for the notes, when I write them up first in scruffy writing I don't necessarily remember them but just get myself used to the content. A thing I forgot to mention was that I do questions from the page I have just written and use these on my flashcards so I can constantly go over them, so I guess that is when I start to memorise it

You're fluent in French? That's fantastic - I would love to know another language fluently, though I really wish my school offered Mandarin, as that is the one I would like to learn most

(I am sure you will get your A* and good luck with it )
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE

I really want to look at Electrolysis and bacteria today as well as Development which is definitely going to get covered (no more procrastination )

I also must start learning my German for the practice on Friday - eek!

Therefore, I will be carefully monitoring how long I spend on my computer and how long I spend wasting time so I can cut back and be more efficient

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - I hope so. And as for the notes, when I write them up first in scruffy writing I don't necessarily remember them but just get myself used to the content. A thing I forgot to mention was that I do questions from the page I have just written and use these on my flashcards so I can constantly go over them, so I guess that is when I start to memorise it

You're fluent in French? That's fantastic - I would love to know another language fluently, though I really wish my school offered Mandarin, as that is the one I would like to learn most

(I am sure you will get your A* and good luck with it )
    Hahah Thank you and yes i used to find memorising things very easily but now i feel like i am losing my memory but i try not to :P
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Hahah Thank you and yes i used to find memorising things very easily but now i feel like i am losing my memory but i try not to :P
    I think everyone at GCSE or beyond feels like they are losing their mind and not just their memory haha

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone at GCSE or beyond feels like they are losing their mind and not just their memory haha
    LOL x True

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you revise really hard

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.