Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyFaye)
    Ok, guys. So, I bombed this exam lol. I screwed up the first 2 marker and for the 6 marker I blanked out how could I forget about GIST? ugh. Anyway, I feel really comfident about next weeks family paper so if I did really well then and screwed up this paper- will I get a relatively decent grade?
    Yes! If you get an average of say a C/D in this paper, getting an A in families hopefully will bring up to a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJaayyy)
    Yes! If you get an average of say a C/D in this paper, getting an A in families hopefully will bring up to a B
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    Here's the questions...
    3) Outline and explain 3 policies that led to the increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years. (6m)
    See, this is what confused me - I read it as 'increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years', not '3 policies in the last 40 years', so I thought the Sex Discrimination and Equal Pay Acts would've counted as they caused a gradual change over the last 40 years, not an immediate one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elegantelephant)
    See, this is what confused me - I read it as 'increased educational achievement of girls in the last 40 years', not '3 policies in the last 40 years', so I thought the Sex Discrimination and Equal Pay Acts would've counted as they caused a gradual change over the last 40 years, not an immediate one.
    Oh okay.

ReputationRep:
    Hate education, hopefully families and households will bring my grade up, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Yes, I know, but it was linked to something no? I thought it just said 'educational achievement' but nearly everyone in my class said it was 'social class achievement'.
    I think it was linked to social class - I wrote about cream-skimming and how it disadvantages the working class.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any idea about grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    So I totally crashed and burnt. It think all in all, I maybe got 26 marks out of the 60. :erm:
    :erm:

Does anyone know the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Is 48/60 going to be enough to get an A?
    Definitely, that would be an A because looking at past grade boundaries you usually needed 42/43 to get an A.
    But maybe AQA will take into consideration that it was a new spec and lower it? Possibly to 40/41? Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    this is a dumb question but I feel like I got an E in that exam omg. So if I do amazingly well for paper 2 and get let's say an A, what grade would I get? 😬

ReputationRep:
    For the last question on the SCLY1 paper I put the different ways in which the family has become diverse so through secularisation, legislation etc. and heard people talking about the functions instead? I talked about how the changes undermine the family so they may be perceived as not able to perform those functions, but I really feel like I answered it too differently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souless_lol)
    this is a dumb question but I feel like I got an E in that exam omg. So if I do amazingly well for paper 2 and get let's say an A, what grade would I get? 😬
    Maybe a C if you are lucky.

ReputationRep:
    First question just threw me, swear my teacher did not ever mention that!
    I found the 6 marker difficult not being factors and just policies, and I also ran out of time on the last question. ****...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia.pope)
    First question just threw me, swear my teacher did not ever mention that!
    I found the 6 marker difficult not being factors and just policies, and I also ran out of time on the last question. ****...
    Yh me too what did you write for the policies cuz I wrote something different from that I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lois Elliott)
    I didn't like the 10 marker.I had to sit for a while to come up with something plausible because the question was so vague. I ended up writing about the Marxists perspective on education and the two roles it performs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is literally what I did too, did we have to include two separate theories, like Functionalism and Marxism, or is two marxisms good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaziye)
    Yh me too what did you write for the policies cuz I wrote something different from that I think
    I wrote about introduction of Coursework, introduction of a National Cirrculum and Equal Pay Act. Which I hope is correct??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elishajennings)
    For the last question on the SCLY1 paper I put the different ways in which the family has become diverse so through secularisation, legislation etc. and heard people talking about the functions instead? I talked about how the changes undermine the family so they may be perceived as not able to perform those functions, but I really feel like I answered it too differently?
    Yeah I did that too, do u think it's wrong??

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried because it said 'in the last 40 years' in the question but the only policies I could think of were Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Equal Pay Act 1970, and GIST and WISE; do you think it counts because their effects are still seen today?
    That's what i'm worried about!! I guess I didn't read the question properly because my first point was from the 1940s!!!!! I am so screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    This is literally what I did too, did we have to include two separate theories, like Functionalism and Marxism, or is two marxisms good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure that will be enough-I only mentioned Althusser. If they had wanted us to mention an alternative they should have said so rather than being so vague :/ its so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have an unofficial mark scheme of the exam?? Would love to try and see what average mark I got....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.