Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Awww damn... I hate it when that happens. When you least expect it, the sleepless nights creep onto you :lol:

Awwww you flatter me so... But you are truly worthy of such a title, Queen Unicorn... You are the one who humbles us with your presence...

Haha pretty much the same... I'm trying to wake one of my friends up but he keeps putting the phone down on my and has now taken it off and he calls himself a friend! Huh!
    Same -_- even sleepless night is a creep now :lol: :eek:

You flatter me as well :blush:

He does not deserve you :unimpressed: not keeping company at night tsss ! UNBELIEVABLE !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    poor him who is trying to sleep :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    PRSOM why are you still awake, Mr Lemon?

I think I catch your drift... Feel free to share the unmentionables

I'm not jealous of myself either... Ngl I would give anything to sleep Decently for 8 hours straight

Nah... Because then you are waiting for those few minutes to pass and you're not sleeping but you're not awake either. It's like purgatory but worse.
    Haha, it's more that I'd probably get a card if I said it, so yeh, you probably do catch my drift

Fairs xD

I dunno though... Like, as long as it's not too long before, it's nice to just lie there knowing you've got a few minutes where you don't have to just be straight out of bed...

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    I do Business Finance & Economics, and I generally enjoy the course, uni life hasn't quite lived up to my expectations I think, but I do love not living at home!! Yeh, I do quite like it because it's close enough to my birth year that it's not too unplausible to be true!

Noooo!!! Haha, you're the first person to say that, but I just changed the colour to the mod purple
    Oh wow... Damn... Are you nearing exams now? I have an exam in like 6 days and not prepared whatsoever!

The freedom of not living at home is to be relished but I live at home still because it's cheaper and I don't have to take out a loan

How come uni life isn't what you expected?

I realised after... It's not bold... Hmmm again with the deception

ReputationRep:
    We must take down TSR!!! We rule it during the night

To be fair, if that were someone doing it to me and I was sleeping, I think I'd go round to their flat and smash their phone up
    Smash my phone for waking him or his phone for not picking up?

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Same -_- even sleepless night is a creep now :lol: :eek:

You flatter me as well :blush:

He does not deserve you :unimpressed: not keeping company at night tsss ! UNBELIEVABLE !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    poor him who is trying to sleep :lol:
    Aww... Sleep is for the weak anyway

I know right!!! The amount of times I've helped him and now in my hour of need, he sleeps. I mean he has uni in the morning at 9 but even so

Spoiler:
    Show
    lol I'm so evil... He rang me asking if I was okay and I said I'm okay and he's gone back to sleep. I honestly do have the best friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Oh wow... Damn... Are you nearing exams now? I have an exam in like 6 days and not prepared whatsoever!

The freedom of not living at home is to be relished but I live at home still because it's cheaper and I don't have to take out a loan

How come uni life isn't what you expected?

I realised after... It's not bold... Hmmm again with the deception
    Yeh, had one on Monday, but got 3 more in 3 weeks time, and then my final one in 5 weeks time! PREPARE!! Just the one exam, or more after that??

Yeh, that's probably what I love most, and I wouldn't mind not having the extra expense of it all though

Erm, whilst I've got a decent number of 'friends', I've got very very few good friends here... Like, the decent number of friends are those who I'll recognise, and say hi to if I pass them, or see them at the SU etc, but wouldn't message them and be like, you wanna go out tonight? or wanna do something this sunday... So it does leave quite a bit of time which I should really fill with work tbh, but nope

I know!!! All deceiving

Haha, it's more that I'd probably get a card if I said it, so yeh, you probably do catch my drift

Fairs xD

I dunno though... Like, as long as it's not too long before, it's nice to just lie there knowing you've got a few minutes where you don't have to just be straight out of bed...
    Haha true true... Though are any mods awake and will they notice you saying it? Or will anyone report? :lol:

But those few minutes you could be sleeping and not thinking about whether you've got two mins or 1... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Hahaha xD That is sooo ****ing brilliant
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Smash my phone for waking him or his phone for not picking up?
    Smash your phone for waking him definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Haha true true... Though are any mods awake and will they notice you saying it? Or will anyone report? :lol:

But those few minutes you could be sleeping and not thinking about whether you've got two mins or 1... :lol:
    There are probably some lurking around, and not sure, but I do like having my community record clean without cards

That is true, BUT, the satisfaction of being able to have a bit of lie in...

Yeh, had one on Monday, but got 3 more in 3 weeks time, and then my final one in 5 weeks time! PREPARE!! Just the one exam, or more after that??

Yeh, that's probably what I love most, and I wouldn't mind not having the extra expense of it all though

Erm, whilst I've got a decent number of 'friends', I've got very very few good friends here... Like, the decent number of friends are those who I'll recognise, and say hi to if I pass them, or see them at the SU etc, but wouldn't message them and be like, you wanna go out tonight? or wanna do something this sunday... So it does leave quite a bit of time which I should really fill with work tbh, but nope

I know!!! All deceiving
    Oh damn... How was it? are you all prepared?
    One exam on Tuesday then 3 more. Should be easy but my first one I'm *****ing like crazy... But after exams I have 10 weeks of placement so a late summer for us.

Haha I'm lucky enough my course is NHS funded so I legit come out with no debt whatsoever unless I fail a year and my travel costs are paid by my job sooo... I'm sorted

Aww... Yeah get your studying done whilst you can... My friends are crazy and we're going out until 6 in the morning and then questioning why they had no money and no idea what we had done in lectures the next day. Haha but it was fun though. Don't forget to have fun

Hahaha xD That is sooo ****ing brilliant

Smash your phone for waking him definitely
    Yeah but he is meant to be my friend. So in my hour of need, he should pick up and get me a McDonalds shouldn't he?

There are probably some lurking around, and not sure, but I do like having my community record clean without cards

That is true, BUT, the satisfaction of being able to have a bit of lie in...
    Haha that's true. I've still got one card still lurking around until it expires kind of... Though I'm like the best and nicest tsrian.. Don't know why I got it

But then the waiting for the seconds to pass and waiting for the alarm to go off when you could be sleeping ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Oh damn... How was it? are you all prepared?
    One exam on Tuesday then 3 more. Should be easy but my first one I'm *****ing like crazy... But after exams I have 10 weeks of placement so a late summer for us.

Haha I'm lucky enough my course is NHS funded so I legit come out with no debt whatsoever unless I fail a year and my travel costs are paid by my job sooo... I'm sorted

Aww... Yeah get your studying done whilst you can... My friends are crazy and we're going out until 6 in the morning and then questioning why they had no money and no idea what we had done in lectures the next day. Haha but it was fun though. Don't forget to have fun
    I'm not really sure... it was multi choice exam, but so many of them could've been one of two options, so really won't know till results come back! Feeling not toooo bad about the next few, just gonna have to crack down with some work between now and then, and then yeh, enjoy the summer
    Haha, nice and late summer

Ahh fair enough, that's quite nice I suppose! Just don't fail a year

Yeh, I try and work And yeh, definitely don't forget to have fun at times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Yeah but he is meant to be my friend. So in my hour of need, he should pick up and get me a McDonalds shouldn't he?
    Yeah totally... like, why isn't he getting me McDonalds right now as well!!!
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Haha that's true. I've still got one card still lurking around until it expires kind of... Though I'm like the best and nicest tsrian.. Don't know why I got it

But then the waiting for the seconds to pass and waiting for the alarm to go off when you could be sleeping ...
    Tut tut tut Posting tips are the ones that annoy me the most, because they never expire (thank god I haven't received a PT, because I'd go nuts with it on there!!!)

Yeh, but those minutes post waking up where you're still slumbery and you almost don't care about anything for a few seconds. Then you remember you've actually gotta get up and do ****

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of which, if I don't start switching things off, I'm not gonna be asleep at all tonight, and that was not the aim at the start

I'm not really sure... it was multi choice exam, but so many of them could've been one of two options, so really won't know till results come back! Feeling not toooo bad about the next few, just gonna have to crack down with some work between now and then, and then yeh, enjoy the summer
    Haha, nice and late summer

Ahh fair enough, that's quite nice I suppose! Just don't fail a year

Yeh, I try and work And yeh, definitely don't forget to have fun at times!
    I like MCQs cuz you're guranteed to have the answer there but then I hate them because the answers are so similar. I have them for physics and i don't know whether I'm glad or not. Lol.

Awww yeah... Get your head down and study like there's no tomorrow... Which is what I need to do but I never revised for anything until I came to uni so I hate it.

The parties though at uni are pretty awesome... It's basically drink as much as you can and pass out and go crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    PRSOM why are you still awake, Mr Lemon?
    Messed up sleep cycle, why are you awake?

Yeah totally... like, why isn't he getting me McDonalds right now as well!!!

Tut tut tut Posting tips are the ones that annoy me the most, because they never expire (thank god I haven't received a PT, because I'd go nuts with it on there!!!)

Yeh, but those minutes post waking up where you're still slumbery and you almost don't care about anything for a few seconds. Then you remember you've actually gotta get up and do ****
    I know right. I could do with a burger. Might go myself actually and go all out :teehee:

Haha are you a clean freak when it comes to your thingy board? Lol.. I was like that but then I got carded twice in one day

Yeh, but then you're wishing you don't have to get up and you know you have to and you're scared you'll miss the alarm if you fall asleep so you wish you'd never woken up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I like MCQs cuz you're guranteed to have the answer there but then I hate them because the answers are so similar. I have them for physics and i don't know whether I'm glad or not. Lol.

Awww yeah... Get your head down and study like there's no tomorrow... Which is what I need to do but I never revised for anything until I came to uni so I hate it.

The parties though at uni are pretty awesome... It's basically drink as much as you can and pass out and go crazy
    Haha yeh exactly... almost makes it harder especially when you kinda fudge the numbers to make them fit, but you fudge them to fit the different answers and everything goes to mush!!!!

Yeh exactly... it's not toooo toooo long between now and summer at least! How did you not!???!? Just naturally intelligent? I've always had to do loads of revision, never done enough, and for A levels sat at mediocre results!

Sometimes they are I have to usually be drunk before I get to them, otherwise I can find meeting people etc really difficult! Once I'm drunk though, then I'm up for a bit of fun and crazy and hopefully pass out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Messed up sleep cycle, why are you awake?
    Hows it going Lemon?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.