Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Not according to opinion polls or Tim Farron's personal ratings.
    They also lost 40% of their council seats up last year, they're expected to make gains this time.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    It's evident the Lib Dems are already recovering. With Corbyn in Labour and god knows who the Tories elect as their next Leader, a lot of people could potentially be looking to the Lib Dems in 2020.

Obviously, it depends on who the Tories elect, if Corbyn lasts that long, and if the Lib Dems can present themselves as a viable alternative.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I thinking Goldsmith will just win the London Mayor elections however the labour candidate Khan could win it for Mr Corbyn ...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I thinking Goldsmith will just win the London Mayor elections however the labour candidate Khan could win it for Mr Corbyn ...
    Im very torn between the two in all honesty. If only Goldsmiths housing policy was more coherent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    It's evident the Lib Dems are already recovering. With Corbyn in Labour and god knows who the Tories elect as their next Leader, a lot of people could potentially be looking to the Lib Dems in 2020.

Obviously, it depends on who the Tories elect, if Corbyn lasts that long, and if the Lib Dems can present themselves as a viable alternative.
    I recall Paddy Ashdown saying something similar a long while ago. I cant see the libdems bouncing back any time soon tbh and if they get more than 25 seats in 2020 then ill happily eat my hat (and im beong sincere)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The Liberals have been down to 6 seats before, in 1951, but slowly (over half a century) recovered.

Mid Wales was still a heartland for them back then.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.parliament.uk/documents/p...16-Avebury.pdf

Interesting election in the other place, with an electorate of three.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    http://www.parliament.uk/documents/p...16-Avebury.pdf

Interesting election in the other place, with an electorate of three.
    Is Petros taking part in an election in the other place? I found a detailed wiki article about him over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Is Petros taking part in an election in the other place? I found a detailed wiki article about him over there.
    I expect Earl Lloyd George will be elected by the electorate of three.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Labour have been breaking electoral law in a by election in Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All parties bar two have refused to impose junior doctor contracts in NI. After a BMA meeting last night, all who attended vowed to refuse to impose.

Who refused to meet with the BMA?
    DUP and UKIP

(Original post by adam9317)
    MSG
    (Original post by DmcGovern)
    MSG
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    George Galloway? No?

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    All parties bar two have refused to impose junior doctor contracts in NI. After a BMA meeting last night, all who attended vowed to refuse to impose.Who refused to meet with the BMA?DUP and UKIPPosted from TSR Mobile
    Lest we forget that the DUP also opposed the Good Friday Agreement.And are currently defying the democratic will of the people to legalise gay marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    George Galloway? No?

Lest we forget that the DUP also opposed the Good Friday Agreement.And are currently defying the democratic will of the people to legalise gay marriage.
    As if I needed another reason to vote for those dinosaurs.

SDLP now going for the "we sympathise with the British soldiers on Bloody Sunday" approach. I dare say that won't end well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    As if I needed another reason to vote for those dinosaurs.

SDLP now going for the "we sympathise with the British soldiers on Bloody Sunday" approach. I dare say that won't end well.
    You are joking me. Dear God why do they even exist
    They're unnecessary now - all they're doing now is just splitting the vote and trying anything to get votes.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    The General Election over there was about a month ago. I've been Home Sec and BIS over there too. Atm I'm Equalities Sec
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    The General Election over there was about a month ago. I've been Home Sec and BIS over there too. Atm I'm Equalities Sec
    Rlibdems that desperate then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)

You are joking me. Dear God why do they even exist
    They're unnecessary now - all they're doing now is just splitting the vote and trying anything to get votes.
    Trying to find the quote, figured it explained the mass resignations. Came out before the tax issue so that's diluted it. Horrifying. And labour affiliated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Labour have been breaking electoral law in a by election in Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems a bit daft (assuming this is the Ogmore one) because it's safe as houses.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Seems a bit daft (assuming this is the Ogmore one) because it's safe as houses.
    The wrong address given one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    They'll never recover.
    I imagine that they will struggle to breach 20% again (it took them more than 30 years post-WW2 although both Labour and the Tories are weaker then they were then) but i imagine that they'll be be back in double digits and beating Ukip fairly quickly (probably 2025) purely because they are an easier protest vote so to speak and also i imagine they'll start to rebuild their reputation as a soft left party.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.