Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eu: In or out? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should be stay a member or leave?
    Stay
    58.06%
    Leave
    41.94%

ReputationRep:
    thats deep but i like it..at least someone understands well ... ur a clever kid

QUOTE=Bobkata;66027671]For those who think that Britain will be better off and able to make its own laws if you vote OUT - you are WRONG!
    First of all, the majority of the world banks are situated in London because it is the financial capital of Europe. Voting OUT would mean that most banks/corporations will move to Frankfurt/Zürich, which could result in less job opportunities.
    Secondly, it is impossible for Britain to be single market. If it wants to be single market, Britain needs to join the EEA as Switzerland and Norway did. Anyway, the EU set the laws and regulations of the EEA which means that the Union will shape the policies of Britain. Isn't that what you are trying to avoid???
    At the same time, as a part of the EU, Britain has the opportinity to take part in the law writing process.
    Migrants??? Britain can still negotiate with the other countries while being a part of the EU. If you work hard enough migrants won't take your jobs...
    We live in the 21st century - we should be united!
    Britain is great NOW. It can't be great if you leave the EU. Even at the times when Great Britain had been one of the leading economies it had partners.
    Vote REMAIN

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Til we meet once again, you and I;
    Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye!

Goodbye EU, we want to put the Great back into Great Britain. I want OUT!
    seee when the great app that I pay £5 a month to get premium on (spotify) tells you to do something you listen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Would it tend to be that most people voting leave would be UKIP supporters, or at least right wingers?
    What do you mean by right wing ? I am a conservative and class myself as right wing ( hate left wing views ) but I am voting to remain in the EU.

I would say it is down to individual belief and judgement . Good question though !
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discuss)
    What do you mean by right wing ? I am a conservative and class myself as right wing ( hate left wing views ) but I am voting to remain in the EU.

I would say it is down to individual belief and judgement . Good question though !
    What I originally meant was; in a general election party lines are clear. If you are typically right wing, you won't vote for labour and vice versa,

But its evident in this referendum that people will vote leave/remain from all sides of the political divide, and its not exclusive as to what your political belief is, as to which way you will vote!

ReputationRep:
    Well the 57% remain vote just proves to me what we are dealing with here on TSR! 57% of people who voted have fallen for the scaremongering tactics used by the Remain camp!

We are Britain, we are safer OUT of the EU and more democratic OUT of the EU.. we are a strong, vibrant and worthy nation who can go it alone and prosper without the Shackles of the EU! We have had a pretty sh**** 40 years in the EU.. that is very much the same old same... with more and more budget cuts and rising debts, it is about time we had a change and really improved things for our future generations in Britain.

We currently have more and more people entering Britain, therefor requiring the public services on offer and increasing pressure on these services..and then budget cuts to these services at the same time! it simply is not working! When will we need a bailout like Greece and Ireland and many others soon to follow in the failing EU?

Let's get the hell OUT!!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eminkinza)
    thats insain ....

remain is fine but ur first point never .. no way should they join the eu
    If Syria and Iraq join the EU... we are doomed unless we are out of the EU!

ReputationRep:
    Remaining in the EU will ensure our businesses can continue to operate and therfore securing many jobs for british people at home and abroad

ReputationRep:
    Voted remain... Too many people have voted leave on the basis "the foreigners will leave"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Voted remain... Too many people have voted leave on the basis "the foreigners will leave"
    And too many people have voted remain because they don't understand what's going on and thought it was safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    And too many people have voted remain because they don't understand what's going on and thought it was safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could argue the same for leave :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    Could argue the same for leave :lol:
    But people think leaving is risky so choose to stay so that 'nothing changes'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    But people think leaving is risky so choose to stay so that 'nothing changes'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and people think leaving is "hip" and will magically solve all the problems that have actually been self inflicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    and people think leaving is "hip" and will magically solve all the problems that have actually been self inflicted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which therefore makes that a different argument to the one I originally stated. Hip is different from safe.

A lot of people want to remain because it's safe and a lot of people want to leave because it's hip. So they're different.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    If Syria and Iraq join the EU... we are doomed unless we are out of the EU!
    Bruh that's like Indonesia becoming the 51st state. Not happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    That is not why I voted leave. That is very false.

I Voted Leave because I want UK to have it's sovereignty back. I want us to choose who our politicians are. Our politicians should be our servants who help us, not our rulers. I am also Voting Leave because I want UK to take back control of the £350 million paid to EU every week, take back control of our free trade laws, take back control of our borders and our tax funds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    That is not why I voted leave. That is very false.

I Voted Leave because I want UK to have it's sovereignty back. I want us to choose who our politicians are. Our politicians should be our servants who help us, not our rulers. I am also Voting Leave because I want UK to take back control of the £350 million paid to EU every week, take back control of our free trade laws, take back control of our borders and our tax funds.
    Where'd ya copy and paste this one from Nav?

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least people who are in favor of brexit allow for an easy filter to find people who are either very much not well versed in economics, or politics for that matter, and/or are very, very, very optimistic when it comes to the UK's abilities (to the point of it being very, very unreasonable).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Have they? Last I checked most were more "so we have control over the foreigners we let in"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Have they? Last I checked most were more "so we have control over the foreigners we let in"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of people who don't really understand have voted thinking foreigners will "leave". Which is obviously silly. But yes, a lot of people have voted for control.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ffs ...what you guys are saying is so not true. Turkey has applied to join the EU. HOWEVER they have to meet a certain membership criteria:

-they must be democratic nations, with functioning legal systems dedicated to protecting the law and human rights of the population and minorities

- must have a functioning market economy and be able to compete with the other countries in the EU

- they have to be able to implement obligations of EU membership - adhering to political, economic, social rules etc

On top of this, all 28 member states must agree to Turkey being accepted into the union.It's been estimated that for Turkey to meet all of these requirements it would take until the year 3000.

Also, if Turkey was to join the EU, we are NOT part of the Schengen Area, we do not have free movement of people from the EU, we have strong border controls and the ability to turn anyone away who we feel is a threat to the country. In no way would we have 75 million Turkish people flooding our borders, that's absolutely ridiculous.

THE EU REF IS SUCH A MASSIVE DECISION MAKE SURE YOU FACT CHECK BEFORE BASING YOUR OPINIONS ON POSTS LIKE THESE.

If you couldn't tell yet...I voted REMAIN! If we leave - that's it; no way of being a part of EU ever again ( given that all the other countries would have to agree on this)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.