Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a ****ing failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'm in the psychiatric ward right now but I just want to go home

I'm allowed to self discharge but I don't know how I'll get home. It's miles outside London
    Sorry I've been meaning to message you for weeks and keep not getting round to it going out now but will be about later/any other time if can do anything, hope you're okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unsurewhattodo)
    anyone had experiences with venlafaxine/effexor?

Been on 225mg since september 2015. First four months I adored it, and then it seemed to just stop being effective. I've been carrying on with it anyway because of intense time in university and not feeling up to discussing with doctor and talking about changing / dealing with adjustment.

I've just moved back from the US to the UK and had an awful time travelling and a lot of bad luck with flights n timing and stuff and then when I got home I slept for just over 21 hours straight and so basically I've missed four days.

I'm having the worst withdrawal of my life and IDK if i should just head in to see my doctor at home and try expalin everything and try something new or start taking venlafaxine again? anyone got any suggestions?
    Hey, I'm on 225mg venlafaxine too and have been since the beginning of March. I really do not get on with it, I've noticed no positive effects so far. The side effects have been awful for me too, awful night sweats, insomnia and shakes! Really want to change meds to be honest. Don't really know what to suggest really but I hope you sort it soon - I'd ask the doctor what is best to do to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)
    Hey, I'm on 225mg venlafaxine too and have been since the beginning of March. I really do not get on with it, I've noticed no positive effects so far. The side effects have been awful for me too, awful night sweats, insomnia and shakes! Really want to change meds to be honest. Don't really know what to suggest really but I hope you sort it soon - I'd ask the doctor what is best to do to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you talked to your doctor about trying something else? different medications work for different people so hopefully you can find something that will work good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the psychiatric ward right now but I just want to go home

I'm allowed to self discharge but I don't know how I'll get home. It's miles outside London
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Parklands mental health unit is beyond ****. They have forgotten to order my meds AGAIN so I have to go without meds AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm on 375mg and I get sweats too, they suck

ReputationRep:
    Mentor keeps asking me if I want to go to the sessions anymore, think it's her way of saying go away. lol. Glad I didn't go into detail about the voices and ****. She also had a go at me about "not communicating" what's going on and I have been. She just doesn't like the reasons I give.

Ended up not booking a GP appointment either, she'll probably say something about doing work or whatever. Wish everyone wasn't so focussed on the work, it's the least of my worries right now.

Oh well, at least I tried or something.

Feel so paranoid and idk why lol

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone awake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Is anyone awake?
    Me. Have been all night. Think I'm going to go for an early morning walk although I really shouldn't...

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd)
    Me. Have been all night. Think I'm going to go for an early morning walk although I really shouldn't...

How are you?
    I'm the same. ED thoughts are strong though.

Not good...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just found out a friend of mine has passed away and am cycling through numbness and panic. Don't know what to do with myself.
    How are you??

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. ED thoughts are strong though.

Not good...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just found out a friend of mine has passed away and am cycling through numbness and panic. Don't know what to do with myself.
    How are you??
    Ahh, I'm really sorry. Please try to be kind to yourself day. Do you think anything will help today to do?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Struggling quite a lot. On the scary verge of being admitted to hospital but desperately trying to keep out although might be taken out of my hands soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd)
    Ahh, I'm really sorry. Please try to be kind to yourself day. Do you think anything will help today to do?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Struggling quite a lot. On the scary verge of being admitted to hospital but desperately trying to keep out although might be taken out of my hands soon.
    I don't know. :/

You're welcome to PM me if you need to vent or something. Hospital admissions must be scary, I hope they're able to treat you without needing to hospitalise you, but if it comes to that I hope they help you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. :/

You're welcome to PM me if you need to vent or something. Hospital admissions must be scary, I hope they're able to treat you without needing to hospitalise you, but if it comes to that I hope they help you.
    Thank you. Same to you; can always PM me at any time

Being discharged today :awesome: Been here for almost 5 days now but I feel ready to go back

Looks like I'll get to spend my birthday in freedom tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Being discharged today :awesome: Been here for almost 5 days now but I feel ready to go back

that's awesome news

ReputationRep:

Fab stuff! :penguinhug:

I'm out and about tomorrow and have a memory like a sieve, so: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW :nutcase: :woo: :party: :yeah: :yay:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Things are going so badly right now. :cry2:

ReputationRep:

Nice one, buddy; glad to hear you're feeling better. .

Hope you enjoy your birthday! :beer:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.