Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajan_S97)
    Was Animals at the top so it couldn't be Kingdom?

I put:
    PHYLUM
    CLASS
    ORDER
    FAMILY
    Yeah me too. Because animals was already there which is the kingdom so you had to go down from that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What were the advantages of the 3 domain system over the 5 Kingdom system? I had no clue what to put for that :/. Definitely a harder paper than last year tho, wish I hadn't messed up then now more than ever 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    0.35 for enzyme calculation

ReputationRep:
    would writing about prosthetic groups in the enzymes question get me marks?!!!! because it said ions and I thought about heamoglobin and thats a globular protien and iron ions help it carry out its function so I wrote thats prosthetic group may help enzyme carry out the metabolic process it is involved in :// I don't know if that makes any sense can someone please let me know if this will get me any marks.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think grade boundaries will be? I dont think they'll change much as they havent done so in the previous years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariah.R)
    would writing about prosthetic groups im the emzymes question get me marks?!!!! because it said ions and I thought about heamoglobin and thats a globular protien amd iron ions help it carry out its function so I wrote thats prosthetic group may help enzyme carry out the metabolic process it is involved in :// I don't know if that made sense can someone please let me know if this is somewhat correct thanks
    That question was hard. I was writing everything about organic and inorganic cofactors and how they help to increase the rate of enzyme reaction... That question was so hard. Also the question were you had to write how you would carry out the investigation for the water lily plant was really difficult my hopes of getting an A in this paper are gone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rio convention

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it was a terrible paper despite putting in hours of revision and doing past papers the questions were terrible especially the enzyme and Lilly bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dansag)
    what did everyone write about the glycogen structure and function and the question about tar
    for glycogen:
    1-4 linked glucose chains shorter than starch, it's very compact which makes it good for storage as granules in the liver
    lots of side branches, which allow enzymes that break down the molecule easy access and glucose will be released more quickly
    Advantage to animals because animals are very active so use more energy than other organisms such as plants which have no movement. Also, quick glucose release is an advantage because it allows for sudden strenuous activity such as running away from predators etc.
    Not sure if it's right though, I'm really doubting myself with this exam.

ReputationRep:
    What was it wanting when asking about the two levels you can assess/measure (I can't remember, something like that) biodiversity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfroBella)
    for glycogen:
    1-4 linked glucose chains shorter than starch, it's very compact which makes it good for storage as granules in the liver
    lots of side branches, which allow enzymes that break down the molecule easy access and glucose will be released more quickly
    Advantage to animals because animals are very active so use more energy than other organisms such as plants which have no movement. Also, quick glucose release is an advantage because it allows for sudden strenuous activity such as running away from predators etc.
    Not sure if it's right though, I'm really doubting myself with this exam.
    Sounds good , and insoluble I think :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bgxx)
    What does everyone think grade boundaries will be? I dont think they'll change much as they havent done so in the previous years
    I would say about 68/100 for an A as that was what it was last year. About equal difficulty. Full UMS probably around 80/100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzedshadow)
    What were the advantages of the 3 domain system over the 5 Kingdom system? I had no clue what to put for that :/. Definitely a harder paper than last year tho, wish I hadn't messed up then now more than ever 😭😭
    Did it ask for advantages or reasons? because I think I wrote reasons :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiecoo)
    What was it wanting when asking about the two levels you can assess/measure (I can't remember, something like that) biodiversity?

I put biodiversity in a habitat, and then biodiversity on a world scale. Not sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans.)
    I thought it was good if you knew all your stuff and had done past papers. A few tricky stuff here and there but overall it was good. Should get above 80!
    suck ur mum u ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiecoo)
    I think species habitat and genetic
    That's what I put anyway two from them

ReputationRep:
    Glycogen is readily soluble but still that's only one mark out of seven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsn_)
    What did everyone get for the enzyme calculation? 💀

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 1.4 for concentration then 1.79 for mass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsharr028)
    I would say about 68/100 for an A as that was what it was last year. About equal difficulty. Full UMS probably around 80/100
    it was harder than last year dumb ****

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I mentioned glycogen being insoluble.
    Reading this thread I can just see the marks disappearing one by one, depressing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.