No unfortunately not, will send it though if it ever comes my way
    Thanks! And likewise if I find it 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIMON WARD 99)
    An easy 75/75
    alright m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey111)
    For the first part with the sector, I gave my answer in both radians and degrees. I forgot to cross out the degrees answer at the end of the exam, do you think I'll lose a mark for giving two answers?
    I don't think you'll lose a mark because despite providing two answers, they're technically the same value, just in a different format I guess. You wrote the radians answer, so I personally think you'll be alright, but I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    What were the binomial questions and the marks for each one again? Was it 2 marks for finding k and A and then another 2 for finding B?
    A) First part (working out the binomial expansion using the formula) = 4 marks
    B) Working out A = 1 mark
    C) Working out K = 2 marks
    D) Working out B = 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    For 7b when u had to integrate the curve in part a and then get area between it and X line, where did it cross the X axis? Can't remember if I got this wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elishx__h)
    I don't think you'll lose a mark because despite providing two answers, they're technically the same value, just in a different format I guess. You wrote the radians answer, so I personally think you'll be alright, but I may be wrong
    Do you reckon 67 will be enough for an A? XD

ReputationRep:
    I think I got that too, and yeah its more than enough. Maybe 88/90- UMS if boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys work out A? I swear I did it right but came out with the wrong answer?!

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys work out A? I swear I did it right but came out with the wrong answer?!
    An A is usually 85% of the raw marks on average. If you got questions 1->8 perfectly right and half of Question 9's marks right, you've probably got an A safely in the bag. If not, then it's all down to luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarek888)
    hey guys there was only 9 questions yes? plz answer
    Yes there was, aha dont panic!

ReputationRep:
    An A is usually 85% of the raw marks on average. If you got questions 1->8 perfectly right and half of Question 9's marks right, you've probably got an A safely in the bag. If not, then it's all down to luck.
    Sorry I was asking how you worked out K for binomials! I'm not sure why I wrote A instead

ReputationRep:
    After that exam I feel so depressed. I've done bad for c1, and now bad for c2 as well. And Im so worried I'm going to be predicted very low for Maths at A2, which will completely screw up my chances of getting into a good university. Im just Absolutely devastated.

Does anyone know how much I'd need to get in S1 if I got a high C in c1 and c2, to get a B overall at maths as level?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esekanayo_)
    After that exam I feel so depressed. I've done bad for c1, and now bad for c2 as well. And Im so worried I'm going to be predicted very low for Maths at A2, which will completely screw up my chances of getting into a good university. Im just Absolutely devastated.

Does anyone know how much I'd need to get in S1 if I got a high C in c1 and c2, to get a B overall at maths as level?

Thanks in advance
    I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll just convince my teachers that I can get an A* next year because they originally thought I would. It depends what you got on C1 and C2 but Stats generally is either a love it or hate it paper. I'd say really concentrate and normal distribution and probability.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course! don't worry haha, you're in a good position

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll just convince my teachers that I can get an A* next year because they originally thought I would. It depends what you got on C1 and C2 but Stats generally is either a love it or hate it paper. I'd say really concentrate and normal distribution and probability.
    There's no point in getting upset about it because what's done is done. Stress during, and after exams only makes your overall performance worse. If you did really well in one exam and awful in the others, then it's still a standalone achievement. Don't focus on compensating for marks in your next Maths exam because you might put more pressure on yourself, and end up doing worse as a result. Also, you will always do your best anyway, and you can't do more than that.

You may also want to consider doing Further Maths A Level this September, if you plan on studying a science/mathematical subject at uni as the Torys are changing A Levels for the worse. If your college refuse to let you do it, you can always do it privately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elishx__h)
    Yes of course! don't worry haha, you're in a good position
    Aww thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I am :/

ReputationRep:
    There's no point in getting upset about it because what's done is done. Stress during, and after exams only makes your overall performance worse. If you did really well in one exam and awful in the others, then it's still a standalone achievement. Don't focus on compensating for marks in your next Maths exam because you might put more pressure on yourself, and end up doing worse as a result. Also, you will always do your best anyway, and you can't do more than that.

You may also want to consider doing Further Maths A Level this September, if you plan on studying a science/mathematical subject at uni as the Torys are changing A Levels for the worse. If your college refuse to let you do it, you can always do it privately.
    Sorry? We were on about making up for our scores in statistics? I don't see where dwelling and being upset over C2 came from?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry? We were on about making up for our scores in statistics? I don't see where dwelling and being upset over C2 came from?
    Must have responded to the wrong post. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I was asking how you worked out K for binomials! I'm not sure why I wrote A instead
    You had to multiply each term of your expansion by the function of K. You then had to collect and factorise powers of x, then equate coefficients with the answer they gave. I believe that K was 7/2.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.