Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    I'm pretty sure it works the other way, decreasing unemployment would increase the size of the workforce but not the other way. Anyway, wasn't very sure about this question too so that was just my train of thought
    The workforce is the number of people who are both willing and able to work. This includes both employed people and unemployed people. Therefore if inactive people (who are not classed as unemployed) join the workforce and hence increase the workforce then it is very likely that some people will not be able to find a job so unemployment will increase leading to more people claiming job seekers allowance 😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diastal)
    Guys, I know this question is not related to economics, but I was just wondering whether or not universities like you taking gap years or not. Because I was looking to apply to LSE and wanted to study economics there, but they require you to do maths and have an A* in it. Since I'm not doing maths at the moment, I was planning on doing intensive maths after college and I don't know whether or not they'll be okay with that? Like I'll be having a gap year but doing maths during that year for the maths qualification needed to study economics at LSE.
    I'm wanting to do medicine and from what ive been told universities dont mind you taking a gap year as long as you can prove to them that you did it for a valid and understandable reason (not just to chill out!😂). And tbh i think that if you told me that you took a gap year to study maths as you were unaware that it was required then i will feel that you really do want to do economics and it shows that you are determined to do economics no matter what obstacles come your way. 🙃👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth;[url="tel:65106731")
    65106731[/url]]I'm wanting to do medicine and from what ive been told universities dont mind you taking a gap year as long as you can prove to them that you did it for a valid and understandable reason (not just to chill out!😂). And tbh i think that if you told me that you took a gap year to study maths as you were unaware that it was required then i will feel that you really do want to do economics and it shows that you are determined to do economics no matter what obstacles come your way. 🙃👍🏿
    Wouldn't that lower the chances of me into getting in LSE then, since I was unaware that I had to do maths and so they may think that I'm not prepared or organised. Although I decided that i wanted to study economics at LSE about halfway through the year.. Anyway, thank you! 😄

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone not talk about wage spirals at all?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that lower the chances of me into getting in LSE then, since I was unaware that I had to do maths and so they may think that I'm not prepared or organised. Although I decided that i wanted to study economics at LSE about halfway through the year.. Anyway, thank you! 😄
    Exactly see they will appreciate the fact that you developed an interest in economics as you studied it at AS and therefore you will most likely not be at a disadvantage. and its fine... Good luck! 😏👍🏿
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Guys, I know this question is not related to economics, but I was just wondering whether or not universities like you taking gap years or not. Because I was looking to apply to LSE and wanted to study economics there, but they require you to do maths and have an A* in it. Since I'm not doing maths at the moment, I was planning on doing intensive maths after college and I don't know whether or not they'll be okay with that? Like I'll be having a gap year but doing maths during that year for the maths qualification needed to study economics at LSE.
    "Can I defer my place until next year?
    If you wish to defer your entry, you will need to submit a written request (an email will suffice) to the Undergraduate Admissions Office by Friday 15 July at the latest. Requests received after this date will not be considered as UCAS will not allow any institution to make any amendments to applications after 1 August. Your email needs to state your reasons for your request and what you plan to do on your gap year. The Admissions Tutor will then consider your request and you will be contacted once a decision has been made. Should your request be granted, your UCAS record will then be changed to reflect your change of year.If your request for deferral is refused, your offer is still valid for 2016.LSE does not offer the option of a two year deferral, unless the applicant has extenuating circumstances preventing them from beginning their course in 2016 or 2017. Please note that compulsory National Service is not considered as an extenuating circumstance for two year deferral requests."
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...ders/FAQs.aspx

ReputationRep:
    My sister is at LSE and a few of her friends there took gap years, so I reckon it's fine. You should email them anyway, they're really helpful with questions like that.

ReputationRep:
    guys what did u write for the 5 marker...it was about the effect of an increase in the value of the pound on AD referring to extract 1.
    Stronger pound imports cheaper,exports more expensive so a decrease in AD. BUT extract 1 only refferred to inflation falling significantly...

ReputationRep:
    Did u do ur diagrams in pencil or pen?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jimbob52)
    Did u do ur diagrams in pencil or pen?
    I used pen. My teacher advised us to use pen as pencil may not show up when the papers are scanned.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we should all pass with flying colours (praying for that B-C!!!) but yeah good luck bro

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the link for the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone send the questions or the unofficial mark scheme please? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing A Level and have to redo my Macro Mock but theres minimal practice questions by OCR for our new spec with a coherent mark scheme so if anyone has the OCR AS Macro Practice Paper would appreciate it if you could send it through with mark scheme. I really struggle on my long questions and exam is in a week

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify with a friend, does anyone remember what the questions were (or similar to) for both papers?

Really appreciate this, thank you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.