Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    I dont think it's necessary to present both sides?
    im pretty sure it is. our rubric is to do 3-4 paragraphs (1 point per paragraph) on your side , then do one paragraph on a conunter-argument. basically an argument from the other side. you should downplay it and say how it is flawed and how your arguments are better, that kind of thing. basically persuade the audience to your view while dissing the other view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    Anyone do technology product design today? how did you find it?
    Yeah I sat the Unit 2 Element 2 paper, pretty mixed overall but hopefully it'll round itself off, Unit 1 was OK as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoNinty)
    im pretty sure it is. our rubric is to do 3-4 paragraphs (1 point per paragraph) on your side , then do one paragraph on a conunter-argument. basically an argument from the other side. you should downplay it and say how it is flawed and how your arguments are better, that kind of thing. basically persuade the audience to your view while dissing the other view.
    Yea totally agree you have to enforce one side of argument but also 'give a nod' to the other side. The whole point is to write to the target audience in the given form about one side of the argument. At least that's where the marks are, writing a clear argument etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even religious but i'm going into an R.E exam prepared because I remember I picked up a really easy A* in the mock and thought why not. Got about 40 versus under the hood with all the church teachings revised. Key words not so much but I have time tomorrow to look over them.

English Language, hopefully it's wingable because I have done nothing at all. Saying that, I got an A in functional writing in January for the mock but my multi modal brought it down to a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philipstothers)
    Yea totally agree you have to enforce one side of argument but also 'give a nod' to the other side. The whole point is to write to the target audience in the given form about one side of the argument. At least that's where the marks are, writing a clear argument etc.
    yeah. i often have trouble expanding upon the points im making, as in I make a point but can never seem to write what I think is enough. do you think relying on the material we're given would still work? I know you have to implement your own ideas, but I feel like I'm going to rely more on the stuff we're given than thinking up my own points. especially in all the rush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyfleck;[url="tel:65509041")
    65509041[/url]]I do!!
    have you done much revision??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoNinty)
    yeah. i often have trouble expanding upon the points im making, as in I make a point but can never seem to write what I think is enough. do you think relying on the material we're given would still work? I know you have to implement your own ideas, but I feel like I'm going to rely more on the stuff we're given than thinking up my own points. especially in all the rush.
    I'm not 100% on how much it affects the marks but it's surprising how markers can just take off marks for being boring and repeating the same information, if you want grade a you should be original. But just using the info given should be enough for a b, depending on the marks in other tasks of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyfleck)
    Is anyone doing the geography unit 2 paper on Wednesday?
    I am! How's your revision?

ReputationRep:
    So unprepared for geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the English??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    how did everyone find the English??
    I thought it went really well! I'm not sure how I did in section b though because I don't think I wrote enough. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    I thought it went really well! I'm not sure how I did in section b though because I don't think I wrote enough. What about you?
    Yeah, I think it was fine!! I had roughly the same amount for each section so I'm pretty happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    Yeah, I think it was fine!! I had roughly the same amount for each section so I'm pretty happy
    That's great! I wrote 2 1/4 pages for the first question and 3 for the second but I'm worried because my friend wrote 5 pages for the second question

ReputationRep:
    That's great! I wrote 2 1/4 pages for the first question and 3 for the second but I'm worried because my friend wrote 5 pages for the second question
    5 pages??? holy moly... mine was about 3 for both questions

ReputationRep:
    non fiction thanks for destroying my hopes of an A. Here's hoping I get a bloody C

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 4 1/2 for each but my handwriting is fairly big so I wouldn't worry. Quality not quantity lol

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 3 sides for A then 5 for B but my writing is quite big too!
    I thought it went better than the first Lang exam for me (Didn't feel very confident about the multi modal section..)

ReputationRep:
    English went well, but I only wrote 3 sides for each and I feel like that isn't enough! I really wanted an A* in English but I don't think my performance today was good enough to balance out a terrible unit 1. Pretty gutted about that but I can't do anything about it now.

Ethics was a pretty nice paper. Very few people in my school got Thomas Aquinas surprisingly! Would have liked more time but I thought it was pretty good.

Did anyone else get woken up by the thunderstorm last night? Kept me awake from 2 until 4.30

ReputationRep:
    Thought English was okay but definitely not achieving my A* predicted grades 😥 only chemistry, biology and physics from CCEA left and OCR maths! Very excited to be finished 😝

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T0ucan)
    English went well, but I only wrote 3 sides for each and I feel like that isn't enough! I really wanted an A* in English but I don't think my performance today was good enough to balance out a terrible unit 1. Pretty gutted about that but I can't do anything about it now.

Ethics was a pretty nice paper. Very few people in my school got Thomas Aquinas surprisingly! Would have liked more time but I thought it was pretty good.

Did anyone else get woken up by the thunderstorm last night? Kept me awake from 2 until 4.30
    I put down Muhammad Ali, was a wild card hahaha. That R.E paper went okay - but they kept asking to agree/disagree for 10 markers and it was hard to implement bible verses when it's asking for your opinion.

I got woken up last night yeah, then my dog started barking until like 4am. Was killing me considering I go to sleep at about 11.30 and wake up at 8. Need every minute of that 8 and a half hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.