Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    That's based on both mine and my classmates' personal experience, and the timing of people posting news of their offers/rejections on the LSE 2016 applicants thread. If you don't know enough about the applications process, don't comment on it.
    Let's not be too rude.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! I have sent off my application before the Oxbridge deadline. But all I have received till now from LSE is the initial review email. I have heard that some others have already received emails about further assessment. Is my case normal? Many thanks if anyone can answer me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    That is all i needed to hear. Just because you came from a public school, and i went to a state school, you think you are better than me. At university that BS doesnt mean anything. No one gives a **** which school you went to before. And Mr Oxbridge Applicant, its easy to meet an offer for a school, but to get into oxbdrige is something else entirely.
    Now unlike someone who talks about meeting offers, I actually have already gotten offers from Warwick and kings. So come back when you actually have something useful.
    And yet you were the one mocking my school as being "run down" in an earlier post? The point about the Oxbridge rates was one of the ways to prove that it wasn't as "run down" as you tried to put it out to be. So next time you want to play the state school victim, don't post stuff like this, it makes you sound like the elitist
    I dont know which rundown school you went to, but in my school there were no rejections in decemeber
    I've already gotten my offer from LSE and am in my first year of uni. Congrats on your offers from Warwick and KCL, I'm sure that you're very proud of them. Please do go ahead and expect an early offer from LSE, it's always fun to see frustrated teenagers complaining as to why they didn't get "their" offers yet around Christmas time.

ReputationRep:
    And yet you were the one mocking my school as being "run down" in an earlier post? The point about the Oxbridge rates was one of the ways to prove that it wasn't as "run down" as you tried to put it out to be. So next time you want to play the state school victim, don't post stuff like this, it makes you sound like the elitist

I've already gotten my offer from LSE and am in my first year of uni. Congrats on your offers from Warwick and KCL, I'm sure that you're very proud of them. Please do go ahead and expect an early offer from LSE, it's always fun to see frustrated teenagers complaining as to why they didn't get "their" offers yet around Christmas time.
    Hold up public boy, so you didn't get into oxbridge, but your tryjng to make it out like you did. And why the hell you posting on the lse applicants page. Your not even an applicant.

ReputationRep:

I'm guessing maybe you didnt get into lse. Hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Hold up public boy, so you didn't get into oxbridge, but your tryjng to make it out like you did. And why the hell you posting on the lse applicants page. Your not even an applicant.
    Public schoolboy**

I never made it sound like I got in Oxbridge - I got rejected post-interview. You really need to improve your reading skills. The Oxbridge comment related to my school as a whole, not to me as a person.

The reason why I post here is because it's a fun way to procrastinate while simultaneously helping the occasional person, and correcting people like you who come up with all sorts of funny rumours from the top of their head.

Anyway, you can't even insult me properly (let alone argue for your original point about the December emails), so I think that we can end the discussion there. Best of luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year LLB student at the LSE. You really are terrible at trying to provoke people, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Which offers did you get from Warwick and King's? What course?
    What subjects are you taking by the way?

Don't forget that LSE is better than Oxbridge in some areas. For example in Economics.

JohnGreek is trying to answer applicant's questions, which is helpful and you should appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    He did. By the way, getting an offer from competitive courses in LSE is a different case to someone getting an offer from the less competitive courses.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, if im terrible at provoking people why are you still talking to me. Somebody seems to have got their knickers in a twist. Good luck in whichever uni you went to, not sure which it is yet.
    Childish act...
    You are making yourself look bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    He did. By the way, getting an offer from competitive courses in LSE is a different case to someone getting an offer from the less competitive courses.
    If i remember correctly law and BMS at LSE have an offer rate of around 20%. So they are equally competitive.

ReputationRep:
    If i remember correctly law and BMS at LSE have an offer rate of around 20%. So they are equally competitive.
    Sure, but the quality of applicants might be different. Look up the deviations in average UMS between the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    Sure, but the quality of applicants might be different. Look up the deviations in average UMS between the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Comparing ums may be a tough factor considering the deviation in subject choice i.e. numerical vs essay based

ReputationRep:
    You need to compare the quality of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    You need to compare the quality of applicants.
    They are two different fields so it's tough to say. But both equally as competive amongst the respected cohort.

ReputationRep:
    They are two different fields so it's tough to say. But both equally as competive amongst the respected cohort.

For example: Medicine and Biological Sciences are both competitive as well, but Medicine's applicants are way stronger than the Biological Sciences applicants on average, so it makes Medicine more competitive. Their applicants both have same subjects usually.

We dont have to only look at the numbers and forget about everything else.

I do agree that it is competitive though, obviously its not easy to get an offer from LSE.

Anyways, lets end this topic, it wont benefit anyone in the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Hey seniors and fellow peers, any ideas when will the first batch of offer come out?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine and Biological Sciences are both competitive as well, but Medicine's applicants are way stronger than the Biological Sciences applicants on averaage, so it makes Medicine more competitive. They both have same subjects usually as well.

We dont have to only look at the numbers and forget about everything else.

I do agree that it is competitive though, obviously its not easy in the end of the day to get an offer from LSE.
    I agree, getting an offer from lse would be the best thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    Hey seniors and fellow peers, any ideas when will the first batch of offer come out?
    Very soon for some courses.

ReputationRep:
    Very soon for some courses.
    Is it possible for some rejections to come out today? Left an hour to 5pm and it's so scary

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.