The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by CutieTootsie
There's an option when booking your interview to say you can't attend these dates. They'll eventually give you another one, don't worry. I did this and have mine in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thank you so much for letting me know! Good luck with your interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 541
Original post by neuralgal
That makes sense - people whose applications were assessed after the UKCAT release would have only gotten the initial acknowledgment email then.

At least those of us who got that email know that our applications have been viewed or are currently being viewed.

I don't think anybody's gotten rejections though?

Yeah that's the last email I got - nothing else since. Not even the still considering one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 542
A quick question that I'm sure must have been already answered, but does anyone know how many interviews they give out compared to how many offers they give out? Thanks!
Reply 543
Original post by Ridion
A quick question that I'm sure must have been already answered, but does anyone know how many interviews they give out compared to how many offers they give out? Thanks!

It varies each year and Bristol don't have records, but someone said there was about 1/3 chance of getting an offer taking into account people that don't attend interviews towards the end of the cycle etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, has anyone done any good courses for medicine interviews that they recommend?
Reply 545
Original post by lulabellead
Hey, has anyone done any good courses for medicine interviews that they recommend?

I'm going to the medicu one on Dec 10, it has very good reviews and only cost £89... Seems good to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
I'm going to the medicu one on Dec 10, it has very good reviews and only cost £89... Seems good to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds really good. I need to do one beforemy brstol interview on the 23rd Nov though :frown:
Reply 547
Original post by jimout
It varies each year and Bristol don't have records, but someone said there was about 1/3 chance of getting an offer taking into account people that don't attend interviews towards the end of the cycle etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay, thanks! :smile:
Reply 548
That sounds really good. I need to do one beforemy brstol interview on the 23rd Nov though :frown:

They have a date 19th Nov, £10 more, but that's really not too much extra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
They have a date 19th Nov, £10 more, but that's really not too much extra

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo i cant seem to find it online. would you be able to post the link? :smile:
Reply 550
ooo i cant seem to find it online. would you be able to post the link? :smile:

Of course! http://medicu.co.uk/index.php/interviewcourse/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
There's an option when booking your interview to say you can't attend these dates. They'll eventually give you another one, don't worry. I did this and have mine in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi can i ask how long they took to give you a january date? I also got an interview and selected the "cant make it to these dates" option but havent heard from them since.
Reply 552
It's been so quiet recently... Are people still not hearing things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 553
Original post by jimout
It's been so quiet recently... Are people still not hearing things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah nada

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know any useful information about the course structure in Bristol? Struggling to find much online :frown:
Reply 555
Anyone know any useful information about the course structure in Bristol? Struggling to find much online :frown:

I believe they're implementing a new syllabus for next year so it's hard to find stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

From their page I understood that it will be integrated with early patient contact. But there is not much else on the website.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479151198.319149.jpg

To all those who like me have only had an acknowledgment email from Bristol, please see this :smile:

Yes. I was THAT paranoid person who emailed to confirm they had definitely received my ukcat - I did ring ukcat and they weren't helpful...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 558
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479151198.319149.jpg

To all those who like me have only had an acknowledgment email from Bristol, please see this :smile:

Yes. I was THAT paranoid person who emailed to confirm they had definitely received my ukcat - I did ring ukcat and they weren't helpful...

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL I was the person that rang to confirm they got my application 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 559
Helloooo
I've heard of people receiving interview offers for Bristol. I haven't heard back yet so I'm feeling very nervous; any opinions?
GCSEs 5A*6A
AS AAAA
A2 AAB- B in chemistry, which I am repeating and informed the uni, they accept resits.
UKCAT avg 670
I work as a care assistant in a nursing home, and have voluntary experiences in India and will be volunteering in Africa next month. I worked v hard on my personal statement and can only hope I've done enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending