The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...110640888.html

ReputationRep:
    Bit late, but Abu Esa provides some indept analysis on a very important recent world event.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Can't help reflecting over Pakistan's stunning victory against England at Lords. Man, I haven't felt a cricketing buzz like that since the 2005 England Ashes Victory. Amazing stuff.

Allow me to say in complete random order:

- For Pakistan to produce the best *ever* celebration for an individual century (Misbah) and then the best *ever* celebration for winning a Test Match (Swann's sprinkler one was put to shame!), is truly unforgettable. It put a smile on every single sports fan in the world. =)

- Amir was very fortunate to come back at Lords. They are just far too nice and polite. It's not going to be like that in other places son, so you aren't out of the woods yet!

- Since Misbah made his return to international cricket, you all know that I've been his number one defender. Of course he might not be the most tactically astute captain in history, but that doesn't matter as much as being a man who is a leader and then leads by *example*. When you do that, you earn the respect of your team. once you've got that, you have people who are willing to do anything for you. Listen, these players know that Misbah has been *carrying* Pakistan for years. Literally. There are idiots who still blame him for losing us the T20 Championship against India when it was HIM who single-handedly got us there! I can't *stand* those who still hate on him for that. He's a limited batsman, who chooses his shots, is slow in principle, but always does it for the team. I'm sorry but there are so many haters who are revelling in his excellence right now and I demand some serious humble pie to be eaten. That means you BOBS! =)

- Honestly, it is outrageous that Yasir Shah got Man of the Match. I know there's the principle that it should go to someone from the winning side but I totally disagree. Chris Woakes played so good in this match, he deserved to win MOTM *twice* over in this one game. That's how brilliant he bowled and batted. What a find for England. Once the Paks leave, I can't wait for this line up with Stokes and Anderson back too, to cause some serious havoc. =)

- I said it before and I said it again. Moeen Ali is way, way out of his depth. His shot was so bad, so embarrassing subhanallah that I just cringed. I really did. You can almost feel commentators worried about what to say in case their criticism comes across wrong. He doesn't bowl well enough, he can't control an end, his feilding is ok, and his batting has been absolutely terrible wherever he has been put in the order although in fairness it is little that you can do at number 7. But still, he needs to be dropped and Borthwick or Rashid need to be brought in and something needs to be done about an off-spinner. But Moeen, as much as it hurts me to say this, is currently nowhere near international standard.

- Can you imagine how good we would be if we could field or take catches? Wallahi, can you IMAGINE?!

- And can you imagine how good we would be if we had half a batting line-up we could depend on!? Shan Masood is poor, Hafeez you know is gonna play a few lovely shots and out, Younis is struggling, Azhar needs to improve, Misbah jazahullahu khayr, Shafiq we should be proud of, and Sarfaraz is useful. And the rest are about as tail-enders and tail-enders can be, easily the worst tail-end in international cricket. How do we fix this man, this is too much for the bowlers!

- My favourite moment of the game: Amir destroying Broad's wickets right at the end, late reverse swing, BOOOOOM! We saw you smile when you hit Amir on the head with a bouncer, take some of that son! =D

- I was pleased to see that the tide has turned recently and a lot of prominent personalities have supported Amir's return. I thought the majority were against him and were winning the PR battle against him but you look at the feedback and you'll see it different.

Ok that's enough. WHAT a game, what a buzz and off to Old Trafford. And for the Love of Allah jalla wa 'ala Himself, if there is anyone here on this page who is involved in any cricket ground or organisation or anything in the UK and can sort out tickets etc, then what the heck man! Hook a brother up!
    =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Personally never been a fan of Dawah guy, Ali dawah, self styled ustadh Abdulrahman.
    Lol it's hard to take Dawah Man seriously with the way he talks. Ali Dawah idm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu 'alaykum peeps :hi5:

How did I miss the new ISOC opening?
    How are there 33 pages already, in the space of 5 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Lol. Sorry.

My VM settings are actually set to being open for anyone but for some reason it doesn't work properly.
    I see I thought it was on purpose because I was like how do I even respond to him?

(Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol it's hard to take Dawah Man seriously with the way he talks. Ali Dawah idm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it hard to take Dawah Man seriously?
    Lol once I was trying to explain something to my uncle and made him watch a video of his and first thing my uncle said...oh no is it him...I will be right back and my bro was like get the popcorn ...coz their so long and he talks so passionately. But Alhamdulillah it was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))

Wa'alaykumasalaam.

You were too busy hunting Pokemon probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    I see I thought it was on purpose because I was like how do I even respond to him?
    It should work for you now, incase you need to respond in future

ReputationRep:

Wa'alaikum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :hi:

Exactly how did you miss it? Better late than never though.
    You don't want to know.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Wa'alaykumasalaam.

You were too busy hunting Pokemon probably.
    "Gota catch'em all" they say.
    "Been doing that for over 10 years and I haven't aged in the slightest' I say.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    "Gota catch'em all" they say.
    "Been doing that for over 10 years and I haven't aged in the slightest' I say.
    Spoiler:
    Show

:lol:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Wa'alaikum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :hi:

Exactly how did you miss it? Better late than never though.
    You don't want to know.

How are you?
    I had a cold so was slothing over the weekend, then got busy with work :bl:

Alhamdulillah I'm well. Got home on time today, in contrast to yesterday (when I arrived home after work at 8pm :dumbells:)

ReputationRep:
    It should work for you now, incase you need to respond in future
    Thanks I just checked and it does.

I had a cold so was slothing over the weekend, then got busy with work :bl:

Alhamdulillah I'm well. Got home on time today, in contrast to yesterday (when I arrived home after work at 8pm :dumbells:)
    Oh bless...glad to hear your better now masha'Allah. Lol seems like you are working hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)

Why is it hard to take Dawah Man seriously?
    Lol once I was trying to explain something to my uncle and made him watch a video of his and first thing my uncle said...oh no is it him...I will be right back and my bro was like get the popcorn ...coz their so long and he talks so passionately. But Alhamdulillah it was worth it.
    Everything about him, his slang, body language, mannerisms. Don't have anything against him he just makes good entertainment.
    Lol yeah his videos are too long, never watched a full one.
    But yeah love the enthusiasm.

Wasalam

Hope you're good.
    You always miss it smh.
    What you don't know won't hurt you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Everything about him, his slang, body language, mannerisms. Don't have anything against him he just makes good entertainment.
    Lol yeah his videos are too long, never watched a full one.
    But yeah love the enthusiasm.

Wasalam

Hope you're good.
    You always miss it smh.
    What you don't know won't hurt you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I usually organise the vote :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Thanks I just checked and it does.

Oh bless...glad to hear your better now masha'Allah. Lol seems like you are working hard!
    How are you? How is uni(?)?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I usually organise the vote :fatcontroller:
    Come earlier next time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.