The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura1526)
    Has anyone been to open day to any of the following universities- imperial college london, Nottingham, Birmingham, UCL? If not then what is the uni you have been to that was very good??
    I've been to Imperial. It was amazing! All the building are modern and the campus has a nice feel to it. The accomodation are pretty neat too! And the sport centre and the library are awesome! I want to go there so bad. What course do you wanna do there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeB16)
    I am doing 4 A2 levels and I'm getting stressed because I feel like nobody else is in the same position! It really worries me! I know that if I work really hard and put the effort in, it will pay off like it did in my AS year. Anyone else doing 4 full A levels?
    You're not the one in that position, don't worry. I know 2 guys at my school who are doing 4 A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    You're not the one in that position, don't worry. I know 2 guys at my school who are doing 4 A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think I'd be able to do it if I really work hard? I got 2 A's and a B in 3 of the subjects I'm doing at A2 and they're modular so I guess that takes pressure off! The other A was in a subject I'm doing at A2 but it's linear so I've lost the A and just have to keep the good work up! :O

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'd be able to do it if I really work hard? I got 2 A's and a B in 3 of the subjects I'm doing at A2 and they're modular so I guess that takes pressure off! The other A was in a subject I'm doing at A2 but it's linear so I've lost the A and just have to keep the good work up! :O
    Getting even a single A at As level is pretty impressive in my opinion so getting 3 of them and a B. Well done!! Yes with hard work, you can make it work. You just have to accept that this year will be harder on you than probs most people in your year. Don't get bogged down by it though, only like 8 months left.

Ps. What are you thinking of applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting even a single A at As level is pretty impressive in my opinion so getting 3 of them and a B. Well done!! Yes with hard work, you can make it work. You just have to accept that this year will be harder on you than probs most people in your year. Don't get bogged down by it though, only like 8 months left.

Ps. What are you thinking of applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much! I will work super hard, I am doing so right now! XD I am applying to Liverpool, Newcastle, Exeter, Manchester and Man Met as a backup to do Law :P

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I will work super hard, I am doing so right now! XD I am applying to Liverpool, Newcastle, Exeter, Manchester and Man Met as a backup to do Law :P

How about you?
    Cool, 2 are my friends are applying for Law too.

I'm applying to Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham for Medicine. Not sure what the 4th med school will be.
    And then as the 5th option is mandatorily something else. I'm going to apply to Warwick for Biomedical Sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    If any of you have any advice on how to tolerate a job you love that's being ruined by colleagues you hate for next year, I'd really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm sounds like you have a bit of a dilema... can you help me tolerate a job I hate whilst working with people i love ...

ReputationRep:
    Cool, 2 are my friends are applying for Law too.

I'm applying to Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham for Medicine. Not sure what the 4th med school will be.
    And then as the 5th option is mandatorily something else. I'm going to apply to Warwick for Biomedical Sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow you must be clever! I know how challenging medicine can be!

ReputationRep:
    Wow you must be clever! I know how challenging medicine can be!
    Thank you! Hehe. I try to be clever but A levels are rinsing me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Hehe. I try to be clever but A levels are rinsing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel your pain I know exactly how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    anyone do history here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    anyone do history here?
    I do!

ReputationRep:
    I wish this year would go by soon,Can't wait to get away from this school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qmwnebrv)
    I do!
    you with AQA by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Mee!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay!! Not the only one haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnTheHorizon)
    I wish this year would go by soon,Can't wait to get away from this school.
    Why? What's so bad about it?

ReputationRep:
    Why? What's so bad about it?
    Classmates are so-so,2 of my best friends(One of which was my first-ever friend) have already left,It's a school for grade 1 to 12 so there are always kids running around(Sometimes it's annoying when you're stressed or something,I don't have anything against kids),There is barely any discipline so you can imagine the type of crowd,I was bullied for a few years by this guy who is still around(Not bullying me anymore,I tend to avoid him) which caused(?) me to have social anxiety(Partially?),You can imagine the troubles in school if you have that.

ReputationRep:
    Classmates are so-so,2 of my best friends(One of which was my first-ever friend) have already left,It's a school for grade 1 to 12 so there are always kids running around(Sometimes it's annoying when you're stressed or something,I don't have anything against kids),There is barely any discipline so you can imagine the type of crowd,I was bullied for a few years by this guy who is still around(Not bullying me anymore,I tend to avoid him) which caused(?) me to have social anxiety(Partially?),You can imagine the troubles in school if you have that.
    Oh my God! It sounds a right nightmare! It's a bit too late to think about moving anywhere else so just get your head down, work hard, get those great grades and you'll be out of there before you know it! I feel so sorry for you, it must be awful

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God! It sounds a right nightmare! It's a bit too late to think about moving anywhere else so just get your head down, work hard, get those great grades and you'll be out of there before you know it! I feel so sorry for you, it must be awful
    Haha it's not as bad as it was in previous years so I'm doing fine.When I look back I mostly just cringe and not depress.

ReputationRep:
    Haha it's not as bad as it was in previous years so I'm doing fine.When I look back I mostly just cringe and not depress.
    That's good! Just keep your chin up and this year will fly by

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.