Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by NHM)
    Guys there has been reports the edexcel boundaries are fake. Please wait until the real boundaries are uploaded onto the site!
    If they're fake, they're incredibly well done. The one in the OP is hosted on the Edexcel website (try deleting sections of the link and you'll see it automatically goes to the root page which is Edexcel) so short of some hackers going in and depositing the file in the right location to troll some A-level students, I'm inclined to believe they're real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Guys there has been reports the edexcel boundaries are fake. Please wait until the real boundaries are uploaded onto the site!
    Stop giving people false hope when there's a 99% chance the boundaries are right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Did you do Edexcel? If so, coincidently the AQA C4 also had a 5 mark question at the end of the vectors. Those boundaries not out yet.
    I did edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    The study of philosophy of religion? 32 is an E
    Sorry, I meant the ums. Where does it lie between 40-50 ums. I'm hoping for 46

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xace28x)
    I screwed up one of the graph ones where you had to split it into shapes, but overall it was tough but not impossible. C4 is another matter, and bless the poor people with those M1 boundaries. Also, S1 this year was a much nicer paper than 2015?! :eek: Ah well, if these are correct, Lord help us all tomorrow....
    Yeah I did M1 too :cry2: I'm surprised about S1 though, my frieds loved it yet the GB for that was hella low!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    If they're fake, they're incredibly well done. The one in the OP is hosted on the Edexcel website (try deleting sections of the link and you'll see it automatically goes to the root page which is Edexcel) so short of some hackers going in and depositing the file in the right location to troll some A-level students, I'm inclined to believe they're real.
    Which hacker in their right mind would dump fake A-Level boundaries at 00:30 onto the web :laugh:

I'm sure they're real boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownfunk)
    There's hardly any chance that the grade boundaries are fake cause its hosted on qualifications.pearson.comUnless they got hacked, or edexcel made a mistake, no way its fake.....
    I haven't looked through the URL properly but ther other thing is the design of the front page, everything else published so far this year (that I have seen including things published in the last month) has been in a different design (same as last year) but these are different

I'm not saying three are definitely fake but I'm not 100% convinced they're legit

ReputationRep:
    Omg i got bad grades, this is fake ... common people admit it , its a real .. why would anyone spend all of his time editing all of it to troll students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titfortat)
    Yeah I did M1 too :cry2: I'm surprised about S1 though, my frieds loved it yet the GB for that was hella low!
    Same! I did M1 last year and although the consensus was it was a better paper this year, 64 is a tad harsh. I did D1, 53 for an A is unreal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginalLifelin)
    Sorry, I meant the ums. Where does it lie between 40-50 ums. I'm hoping for 46
    If what you're asking me is right then 40 UMS gets you an E still and 50 gets you a D. 40 UMS is 29 marks and 50 UMS is 33 Marks

ReputationRep:
    Have they updated the ums calculator ?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not fake, the excel UMS converter has been updated with the same boundaries as online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    If what you're asking me is right then 40 UMS gets you an E still and 50 gets you a D. 40 UMS is 29 marks and 50 UMS is 33 Marks
    so would 32 be 45 UMS+? You can check on Edexcel ums calculator. I would but I'm in Venice and don't have a laptop :/ flight leaves in 5 hours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Omg i got bad grades, this is fake ... common people admit it , its a real .. why would anyone spend all of his time editing all of it to troll students
    Maybe it was John's uncle bc he was pissed at how many students complained.

ReputationRep:
    IF the edexcel boundaries were real then wouldn't they have posted it on their twitter at least? like oh look they're here
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ScienceWhoMusic)
    I haven't looked through the URL properly but ther other thing is the design of the front page, everything else published so far this year (that I have seen including things published in the last month) has been in a different design (same as last year) but these are different

I'm not saying three are definitely fake but I'm not 100% convinced they're legit
    Edexcel went under a rebrand recently so they've changed their document formatting. The same applies with AQA afaik.

ReputationRep:
    Does any one have the grade boundaries for STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Did you do Edexcel? If so, coincidently the AQA C4 also had a 5 mark question at the end of the vectors. Those boundaries not out yet.
    No way is AQA C4 70 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    Definitely not fake, the excel UMS converter has been updated with the same boundaries as online
    do you have a link please?

ReputationRep:
    Why aren't the grade boundaries on the Edexcel website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.