The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unrealistic)
    me!
    Kl how u finding it ?

ReputationRep:
    Hahah, I just got a set of 60-GCSE-recap questions as my Maths homework today xD Due on Tuesday. This year will be interesting...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting to start college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    Kl how u finding it ?
    It's alright, my teacher seems nice and I think she's one of my favorite teachers so far. Pretty intense but I like it. Better than my other tutors.

The course seems quite information heavy from the looks of my syllabus but am really looking forward to the more hands on parts of it. To be honest, I've not really done much so far

What programming language are you learning?

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, my teacher seems nice and I think she's one of my favorite teachers so far. Pretty intense but I like it. Better than my other tutors.

The course seems quite information heavy from the looks of my syllabus but am really looking forward to the more hands on parts of it. To be honest, I've not really done much so far

What programming language are you learning?
    My teacher mentioned python to us but tbh weve primarily been looking at the theory behind the cpu etc

All this work got me like:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher mentioned python to us but tbh weve primarily been looking at the theory behind the cpu etc
    Cool cool. We're splitting it up, doing one lesson on hardware and operations and stuff and then doing one lesson on python and the like

ReputationRep:
    Cool cool. We're splitting it up, doing one lesson on hardware and operations and stuff and then doing one lesson on python and the like
    Ok sounds alright tbh were probs gonna do that within sometime cos this week is just the basic princpes of compsci lol wat other a levels u doing ?

ReputationRep:
    Aw do u?i love it soo interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arfaa)
    Don't you get to go home?
    No, my sixth form doesn't let year 12s go home until the end of the normal school day (year 13 are aloud to go home after afternoon registration because they are trusted to use their time for studying or homework). It was actually okay today, my maths homework took longer than expected and I did some Spanish homework that isn't due in until Tuesday and then sat outside in the sun with my friends and ate chocolate because we all had fifth period free.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing computer science here ?
    I am! So far we've only been doing programming because most of us haven't done any since finishing our controlled assessment for GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    I have 5 + 1 supervised study session what about yourself

Apparently everyone is worried about Bio at my school because of you don't do OCR at GCSE it's much harder :dontknow: but you'll be fine I'm sure.

I'm really just enjoying everything in its enormity
    11 in a fortnight. Ouch.

Seriously? I'm on OCR A now.... but I think it should be okay though. I just need to keep up. :eek3: Guess how many maths lessons I have each week.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone feeling really overwhelmed and done and cry help

(Original post by karmacrunch)
    11 in a fortnight. Ouch.

Seriously? I'm on OCR A now.... but I think it should be okay though. I just need to keep up. :eek3: Guess how many maths lessons I have each week.
    Are you Year 12 now?

ReputationRep:
    Ok sounds alright tbh were probs gonna do that within sometime cos this week is just the basic princpes of compsci lol wat other a levels u doing ?
    Doing maths, physics, chemistry and the Welsh Bacc. Also might be picking up further maths. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm back! Got my timetable yesterday frees are pretty Boring at the moment due to lack of work partly because I have prep on a night too so doing my work then. I have 11 frees per week and I love my subjects!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Are you Year 12 now?
    Yes?? Surprised?

Yes?? Surprised?
    Bloody hell

It's like seeing my kids grow up :emo: (Not that I have kids yet, of course :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    11 in a fortnight. Ouch.

I guess we are the same but I've had to work in most of mine so far:lol:

Apparently because AQA science was easy compared to OCR which had harder stuff but idk :dontknow:
    7????

(Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    never had her as a teacher but she ran my french a level taster session, she basically said 'it's going to be tough but we'll try and make sure you don't fail' hehehow are you finding the school so far? not too bad i hope i think it's quite common not to give out exercise books? i can't imagine how much paper you'd end up using with all those essays to dofrench i feel is okay so far, i can generally get the gist of what the teacher is saying but my question forming game is weak so i just stay quiet lmao
    French is good, I haven't had my other French teacher yet but I already got some homework from her. Everyone in my class is basically fluent or French and I feel so inferior. The worst part is I can read, write and understand what she says well but my accent isn't the best so I hate speaking

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself. I'm lucy, I'm 16 and live in Yorkshire - What are your hobbies and interests? I don't really have any hobbies as such, but I enjoy reading science and philosophy books - What subjects are you planning to take? biology. physics, geography and psychology - Your favourite subject(s)? biology - Your ideal future occupation? physiotherapist

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.