Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Was it an A Level exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboyblonde69)
    I failed one of my exams last year and was wondering if it is necessary to put it on my uni application? I have heard a lot of mixed responses with whether it is necessary and would like a definite answer. Any advice would be well appreciated thanks.
    The UCAS web site is very clear.

You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards - whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you're still awaiting exams and results.

If you took exams and received an overall U qualification result from the examiner you need to declare it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I failed one of my exams last year and was wondering if it is necessary to put it on my uni application? I have heard a lot of mixed responses with whether it is necessary and would like a definite answer. Any advice would be well appreciated thanks.
    Yes you do need to declare it.

The legal declaration you agree to when submitting your application specifies that you should include unsuccessful grades:
    http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yes you do need to declare it.

The legal declaration you agree to when submitting your application specifies that you should include unsuccessful grades:
    http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
    and if you don't? whats the penalty and how likely are they to find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Was it an A Level exam?
    AS exam, does that make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I believe that you are required to list all of your public examinations. I can understand why you'd want to omit this, though. I'm sure someone will know more categorically.
    thanks, i might try calling UCAS themselves

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i might try calling UCAS themselves
    Put it this way - if you comply with the requirements and put it down you've got a better chance than attempting to omit it, get found out (which you undoubtedly will) and have an application rejected out of hand. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Huh, well I never included them on mine. Didn't seem to make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum7)
    i may risk it in that case, when did you apply for uni exactly? its possible they changed the rules since. thanks

ReputationRep:
    expelled / declined from the course you have entered , possibly banned from that HEI for life, reported to any accrediting body / Statutory register - small chance of criminal prosecution and /or being placed on a DBS barred list.

ReputationRep:
    See the first post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4337910

ReputationRep:
    That's a choice you made and a risk you took.
    Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    That's a choice you made and a risk you took.
    Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.
    and if found out later , dismissed from a job and struck off a professional register - as various Health professionals and Lawyers have had happen when their fraudulent mis reporting of qualifications comes to light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    expelled / declined from the course you have entered , possibly banned from that HEI for life, reported to any accrediting body / Statutory register - small chance of criminal prosecution and /or being placed on a DBS barred list.
    I work for the DBS and personally produce and manage the stats around the barred lists. I'm sorry but that is just nonsense.
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    That's a choice you made and a risk you took. Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.
    It's been several years since I did mine but I would have thought they're only interested in the grades you got, not the grades you didn't get. If you don't include them they're not going to be that bothered...it's not a significant thing. You don't get certificates to say you've failed a subject...

ReputationRep:
    I work for the DBS and personally produce and manage the stats around the barred lists. I'm sorry but that is just nonsense.
    you appear to have problems with comprehension please read what was written , also are you saying fraudsters cannot be placed on a Barred list on the basis of their breach of trust ?

des[pite frauulent behaviours being a significant issue in the abuse of vulnerable person

ReputationRep:
    no life sentence? you're being a little extreme-worst case you're not accepted by the uni

ReputationRep:
    no life sentence? you're being a little extreme-worst case you're not accepted by the uni
    There are people who have been struck off professional registers for mis representation of qualifications .

hmm who do we believe someone with 2 decades of experience in DBS regulated sectors and Strategic Clinical governament management experience ( in regulated sectors as all healthcare is regulated sectors when it comes to the DBS) or a filing clerk ?

ReputationRep:
    and if found out later , dismissed from a job and struck off a professional register - as various Health professionals and Lawyers have had happen when their fraudulent mis reporting of qualifications comes to light
    by the time you successfully pass your course and achieve your selected degree, why would failure to include a failed AS level result (which could have been an accident) get you fired from your job? seems a little excessive

ReputationRep:
    you appear to have problems with comprehension please read what was written , also are you saying fraudsters cannot be placed on a Barred list on the basis of their breach of trust ?

des[pite frauulent behaviours being a significant issue in the abuse of vulnerable person
    So you think not including U grades on a UCAS application equals outright fraud and can be compared to financially abusing a vulnerable adult? Wow...

No, the case would be thrown out immediately.

ReputationRep:
    by the time you successfully pass your course and achieve your selected degree, why would failure to include a failed AS level result (which could have been an accident) get you fired from your job? seems a little excessive
    Fraud

Breach of trust

Bringing Employer into disrepute

Bringing Profession into disrepute

Failure of repute requirement for Traffic Commissioner

Questions over your standards of personal Integrity ...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.