The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How is it that some locations are already interviewing?
Original post by angskuse
The interview was hard and horrible and now have to wait 3 weeks.

I was told that they are continuing to have a huge recruitment drive well into 2017 so there will be plenty more opportunities.

I heard this too. Hard and horrible does not sound good!
Original post by angskuse
The interview was hard and horrible and now have to wait 3 weeks.

I was told that they are continuing to have a huge recruitment drive well into 2017 so there will be plenty more opportunities.

Hey guys

Do you have any hints or tips for the interview process buddy ?
Reply 543
Just got this email for belfast

Good Afternoon

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the delays in updating you on the outcome of your application; this is for reasons outside of our control.

We very much hope that we will be able to update you shortly, please do bear with us.

Kind regards
HMRC Resourcing Support Team
Reply 544
Original post by Ash810

Good Afternoon

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the delays in updating you on the outcome of your application; this is for reasons outside of our control.

We very much hope that we will be able to update you shortly, please do bear with us.

Kind regards

Got the exact same e-mail for London.
Reply 545
Original post by Ash810

Good Afternoon

Kind regards

I got the same for Liverpool!
Latest update:

Good Afternoon

Kind regards
Does anyone get the feeling that the ones waiting to hear are either getting interviews or they are going over the Competences again as others from the same area have already got rejections?
Reply 548
Original post by Pmakgreb
Does anyone get the feeling that the ones waiting to hear are either getting interviews or they are going over the Competences again as others from the same area have already got rejections?

Or they have lost the scores and have to go through the competencies again?
Just had my interview in Cardiff today. They are doing 3 interviews per hour over a 3 week period. I personally found the interview enjoyable, just gave an example for each competency and they asked further questions on them. Good luck if you are going and make sure you prepare your examples, get someone to tick them off against the competencies and the explaining paragraph of the competencies and most of all go in relaxed and be confident. Don't forget they are testing you on the communication competency whilst you are speaking!
Reply 550
Hello,

I am due tomorrow.

Are the questions: Can you tell me a time when you have made an effective decision? (for example). Are there any ice-breakers, tell me something about yourself, etc?
Reply 551
Original post by triggster999
Just had my interview in Cardiff today. They are doing 3 interviews per hour over a 3 week period. I personally found the interview enjoyable, just gave an example for each competency and they asked further questions on them. Good luck if you are going and make sure you prepare your examples, get someone to tick them off against the competencies and the explaining paragraph of the competencies and most of all go in relaxed and be confident. Don't forget they are testing you on the communication competency whilst you are speaking!

Hello,I am due tomorrow. Are the questions: Can you tell me a time when you have made an effective decision? (for example). Are there any ice-breakers, tell me something about yourself, etc?
I haven't received either email to explain the delay. I've just emailed them, probably in vain by never the less made me feel better.
Reply 553
hi triggster999
thanks for the info on the interview
how long did your interview last and did they ask a question on the competancy or just give an example of managing a quality service etc
also did they ask any motivational questions such as why do you want to join hmrc or what strengths you will bring to this role
could you kindly et us know
thank you and good luck for your result
Got this email at 4.20pm - more than 24 hours since the email they sent yesterday morning saying I would hear within 24hrs. Why don't they just give us a realistic timescale instead of 24hrs then disappointing us when it doesn't happen? Seriously peed off now!!!

Good AfternoonPlease accept our most sincere apologies for the delays in updating you on the outcome of your application; this is for reasons outside of our control.We very much hope that we will be able to update you shortly, please do bear with us.Kind regardsHMRC Resourcing Support Team
Yes the icebreaker is tell us a little about yourself and why you want this job...threw me a bit as I was all ready to launch with my examples! They also give you a chance to ask questions at the end
Reply 556
Yes the icebreaker is tell us a little about yourself and why you want this job...threw me a bit as I was all ready to launch with my examples! They also give you a chance to ask questions at the end

Thank you.

Sorry to prattle on, were the questions phrased: tell me a time when you have delivered at pace or managed a quality service?
Original post by hco786
hi triggster999
thanks for the info on the interview
how long did your interview last and did they ask a question on the competancy or just give an example of managing a quality service etc
also did they ask any motivational questions such as why do you want to join hmrc or what strengths you will bring to this role
could you kindly et us know
thank you and good luck for your result

Hi mine lasted 45 minutes. Icebreaker was tell us a little about yourself and why you want this job. Other than that it was all about the competencies. Best of luck.
Original post by TGO
Thank you.

Sorry to prattle on, were the questions phrased: tell me a time when you have delivered at pace or managed a quality service?

Yes, so it was tell us a time when you have .... in my case she read out the competency explanation paragraph and asked when i had done that. They then both asked further questions. It felt like they were asking for examples to meet all the criteria on the competencies. Found them really nice and helpful to be honest.
Reply 559
Yes, so it was tell us a time when you have .... in my case she read out the competency explanation paragraph and asked when i had done that. They then both asked further questions. It felt like they were asking for examples to meet all the criteria on the competencies. Found them really nice and helpful to be honest.

Many thanks.

Very nervous, your description has helped settle those nerves.

Good luck with your outcome/result.

I'll keep you posted.

Latest

Trending

Trending