Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    now dad's planning where to go for lunch that day as well..."how about that chinese restaurant in liverpool, by the pier head.."" argharaghrargh! the meal may never happen! arghargharh
    I've got a similar problem - the family are trying to decide how we're going to celebrate!! Talk about pressure!

Mind you, I could be spending all day on the phone. If you go into clearing, apparently you're supposed to be prepared to have a mini-interview over the phone, and to have your Personal Statement handy! I honestly have no idea where my PS has got to. I did save it on computer but my PC's had so many different guises since October that it's probably irretrievable. Aaggh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    I've got a similar problem - the family are trying to decide how we're going to celebrate!! Talk about pressure!

Mind you, I could be spending all day on the phone. If you go into clearing, apparently you're supposed to be prepared to have a mini-interview over the phone, and to have your Personal Statement handy! I honestly have no idea where my PS has got to. I did save it on computer but my PC's had so many different guises since October that it's probably irretrievable. Aaggh!
    pfft! i don't even have my personal statement anymore!! my computer has crashed so many times i've pretty much lost everything that wasn't put on disk.(i've lost my ps disk as well!) i'd hate to spend all day on the phone..wastes valuable pub commisseration time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    thats scarier than the oxford link somwhere else on this forum (possibly this thread?) meep!!

now dad's planning where to go for lunch that day as well..."how about that chinese restaurant in liverpool, by the pier head.."" argharaghrargh! the meal may never happen! arghargharh
    I never get taken out on results day. I said to my dad yesterday "We have to go out and do something once this week (my AS results) and once next week (sister's GCSE results). We'll go for a meal for mine and something else for Lil's." The response? Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gettn the heebijeebies man, its gettin so tense now... good luck to y'all; I don't care whether I get taken out or not, so long as I just get my grades heheheheheheh....

ARRGHH

ReputationRep:
    I have results day on the brain. A friend and my mother both asked me the date today and both times i said "the nineteenth" because it's probably the only date in my head. Cue lots of panic ("oh no! it's joseph's birthday tomorrow!" "well that cheeseis out of date") before I realised it was the wrong date! Can't wait to just find out results!!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Counterpoint)
    I'm gettn the heebijeebies man, its gettin so tense now... good luck to y'all; I don't care whether I get taken out or not, so long as I just get my grades heheheheheheh....

ARRGHH
    me too. i think all countdown threads are helping it go worse! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    If you go into clearing, apparently you're supposed to be prepared to have a mini-interview over the phone, and to have your Personal Statement handy! I honestly have no idea where my PS has got to. I did save it on computer but my PC's had so many different guises since October that it's probably irretrievable. Aaggh!
    If you applied to UCAS online then you can still log onto the application bit and it's saved on there.
    http://www.ucas.com/apply/index.html#
    Only 64 hours to go!

ReputationRep:
    More of the same...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3569082.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    More of the same...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3569082.stm
    Yawn yawn. Why do they have to bang on about that, year after year?

ReputationRep:
    This might be helpful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...ts_intro.shtml

(Original post by SiAnY)
    To justify the population become increasingly intelligent despite the increase in TV viewing, not to mention computers. Maybe zombies are just hyper intelligent, hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Because they've forgotten what it was like to be 18 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ah well...I managed to make myself really sick over these blooming results!!!!!...ended up in the hos and all.... ...
    At least now my mind if off the results and I am concentrating on getting better...

Good luck once more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ah well...I managed to make myself really sick over these blooming results!!!!!...ended up in the hos and all.... ...
    At least now my mind if off the results and I am concentrating on getting better...

Good luck once more
    :eek: Hope you feel better now! They're not worth your health! How did you make yourself ill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    pfft! i don't even have my personal statement anymore!! my computer has crashed so many times i've pretty much lost everything that wasn't put on disk.(i've lost my ps disk as well!) i'd hate to spend all day on the phone..wastes valuable pub commisseration time!

whatever happens on the day i will end up in a pub (somewhere) :P, dont you ppl make photocopies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    :eek: Hope you feel better now! They're not worth your health! How did you make yourself ill?
    I was getting all wrked up and couldn't eat properly...then I fainted due to weakness!!!!....even as I type, my hands seem to shake..
    I have to take all the ugly pills and they put me on an IV drip 2wice so that I get replenished quickly and don't loose my cosiousness again!....(some thing sim has happened b4 2 years back...but I didn't end up in the hos...it was also before the results!!!)
    My parents are sooo mad that I did this just becuz of the results!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, you poor thing. Get well soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Oh my god, you poor thing. Get well soon.
    Thanx...
    Love u all....I really hope I do well!

Rose xxx

I have to take all the ugly pills
    I hear that's really bad for your self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    I was getting all wrked up and couldn't eat properly...then I fainted due to weakness!!!!....even as I type, my hands seem to shake..
    I have to take all the ugly pills and they put me on an IV drip 2wice so that I get replenished quickly and don't loose my cosiousness again!....(some thing sim has happened b4 2 years back...but I didn't end up in the hos...it was also before the results!!!)
    My parents are sooo mad that I did this just becuz of the results!!!
    just get well soon, and trust i dont know you that well but i still think you will come out with the results that you need... think positive

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.