This discussion is closed.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
When is C.Ronaldo back?

Could have done with him being Captain this week, as im sure he would have had a belter of a game..

(i miss the ****er... :rofl: )
Late September at best. He scored 5 goals against them last season.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Late September at best. He scored 5 goals against them last season.
Not too long to wait then

That game will always remain the best game of last season

Anyway..

Boring without Twinkle toes playing.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lfc4life)
Nah it's better this way. No looking down the league and every single person having: Ronaldo(C) sitting there in midfield.
True.

But can't deny that it was a bit boring today without Ronaldo there for Utd.

No idea who to Captain next week, as most of the ones i would have chosen were completely useless this week..

Going to be a weird few weeks.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did Ronaldo cost £14m last season too??
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Did Ronaldo cost £14m last season too??
Yeah.

Hopefully the price will go down for the time he comes back.

(hopefully).

Might have even been £16m at one point last season..
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's still no guarantee Ronaldo will be back to his best straight away though. Will keep a close eye on how well he does.

I would have to make major changes to my team if I were to splash out £14m on one player! Surely only the wildcard would work without having to make four transfers for -16 points or something...
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got my Wildcard + £2.0m in the bank saved for when ronaldo gets back :awesome:
apart from that, just made 1 change..
S.Davies out
M. Johnson in
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ronaldo's due back in Sep isn't he? I bet he'll be back sooner though, as players normally come back before their expected return date?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by farhan)
Ronaldo's due back in Sep isn't he? I bet he'll be back sooner though, as players normally come back before their expected return date?
I think the earliest game he'll feature in is Bolton on 27th September. He is still 3 weeks away from returning to training and will then have to get up to fitness. I can't see him being risked away to Chelsea with no match fitness.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sooner the better if you ask me.

And how do i use my wildcard?
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
He'll probably be back for the Chelsea away game which is on the 21st September, if not the Bolton game on the 27th Sept.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Sooner the better if you ask me.

And how do i use my wildcard?
On the confirm transfers page there is a wildcard button.
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ah ****. I completely forgot to sort my team out. I only rememberd on saturday afternoon! I had Fabregas as captain and Tevez upfront lol. I'm going to have to sort my team out in stages now as I don't want to use my wildcard so early!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
United could risk Ronaldo if any other midfielders get injured and they've just lost to Liverpool maybe?
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah right, thanks :yy:

So he will definitely miss the Liverpool game :o:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by geoff_yin)
United could risk Ronaldo if any other midfielders get injured and they've just lost to Liverpool maybe?
We should have everyone back by then. Park is returning to training this week, Nani's suspension has one more game, Hargreaves should play next week and Anderson will be back from the Olympics + the players injured today will have recovered. The Super Cup comes at a good time really, though having Fulham at home postponed will put us another 3 points behind everyone else which isn't ideal. We'll have everyone apart from Ronaldo for Liverpool. I can't see him being involved unless he has had 2 full weeks of training. We'll find out more in 3 weeks when he can train again.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
We should have everyone back by then. Park is returning to training this week, Nani's suspension has one more game, Hargreaves should play next week and Anderson will be back from the Olympics + the players injured today will have recovered. The Super Cup comes at a good time really, though having Fulham at home postponed will put us another 3 points behind everyone else which isn't ideal. We'll have everyone apart from Ronaldo for Liverpool. I can't see him being involved unless he has had 2 full weeks of training. We'll find out more in 3 weeks when he can train again.
Players can recover amazingly these days, who knows? I'd like to see him back as early as possible but if resting is going to aid his recovery then so be it...
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sweet 5th Early days but pleased with that havin neva done ff be4.

Had no idea of the footie scores cus was at V with no reception all weekend! It was like losing a sense! :eek:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fairly good news:

Ashton should be fit to play on Sunday.

There's a small possibility Ballack could play against Wigan, but he's been ruled out of Germany's friendly against Belgium.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Might use my wildcard :teeth: I had hoped to last a while longer than last year when I used it after the first week, but might not be able to manage it... :embarrassed:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise