Accommodation! Watch

rysiekaleta
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rysiekaleta)
Those ******s are big fat liers

Continuing my argument for accommodation (they said i applied after deadline, an email confirming my application on 21st begs the differ), they said last week I was right and will refer my case to the "Superior". They were supposed to get back today, didn't, so here I am calling them again and the guy is telling me the "Superior" said I will not have guaranteed accommodation and that's final. In last efforts, I email Head of Residencies at Imperial explaining the situation and it turns out she was never consulted by anyone with regards to my case. Said she will look into it and if I am right (which she said it looks like I am), I will have a room no matter what. And hopefully some idiots will get a *******ing...

So, there you go, you may well end up with a crackhead (as previously suggested in this thread hihi) at the other end of the phone so if in trouble, talk to people higher up or keep calling till you get some more sensible women talking to ya...

i'm still waiting...

Just received an email from Sharine Brown, Head of Residencies at Imperial who I have emailed yesterday, got a Single Room at Wilson, £94/week (dirt cheap considering I even get a fridge in my room), right next to Hyde Park and Paddington, over the moon...

My advice: Talk to people higher up when you are having issues.

Should I get her some flowers? hehe...
sunspoon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just received an email from Sharine Brown, Head of Residencies at Imperial who I have emailed yesterday, got a Single Room at Wilson, £94/week (dirt cheap considering I even get a fridge in my room), right next to Hyde Park and Paddington, over the moon...

Congrats. Nice stroll across Hyde Park every day One of my mates is there doing mech eng.
adammarek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I received the email today as well - Wilson House.
hakins90
Report 10 years ago
Got the email today... Twin at pembridge.

i applied for all singles... but i don't mind. In fact i'm happy to save so much money!
originalname
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Glad it worked out for you.
lawrywild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hakins90)

i applied for all singles... but i don't mind. In fact i'm happy to save so much money!
Another Pembridger :yep:
thebigdino
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hakins90)

AAHAHAHA to all those suckers who've got ensuite; you have to use those crappy showers in your cupboard, which won't be cleaned for the year to come! lol..

Im just kiddin...welcome to the pembhood...
IChem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thebigdino)
AAHAHAHA to all those suckers who've got ensuite; you have to use those crappy showers in your cupboard, which won't be cleaned for the year to come! lol..

Im just kiddin...welcome to the pembhood...
I'm gonna throw a pretty radical idea out there, so don't start a witch hunt or anything...but...why can't people with ensuite bathrooms (such as myself)...occasionally...and only when absolutely necessary...clean their own bathrooms! :p:
feroz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IChem)
I'm gonna throw a pretty radical idea out there, so don't start a witch hunt or anything...but...why can't people with ensuite bathrooms (such as myself)...occasionally...and only when absolutely necessary...clean their own bathrooms! :p:
^^ an example of the revolutionary thinking that puts Imperial students in a league of their own.
Stef90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IChem)
this...this is madness! :eek:
IChem
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stef90)
this...this is madness! :eek:
Indeed it is Stefano. Just think of it as preparation for an eventual separation of your umbilical cord!
theflyingpig
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone know if there's an areal socket in the rooms (fisher hall specifically)?
maxi_Beth
Report 10 years ago
Is it inevitable that my corridor's kitchen will contain 8 kettles/8 colanders/8 toasted sandwich makers/8 toasters etetc...??? just seems silly!
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not bringing a kettle, toaster or sandwich maker. Aren't the first two provided?
rysiekaleta
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shootbangfire)
I'm not bringing a kettle, toaster or sandwich maker. Aren't the first two provided?
in a normal world you would have thought they were, but who knows
i guess it also depends on the hall
the contract refers to kettles as your own property however so I am guessing they are not provided in most places - which would be kind of silly
IChem
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I shall be bringing a sandwich toaster for myself seeing as A) I already have one and B) the accommodation contract says that you shouldn't share sandwich toasters (maybe someone needs to talk to the SAC and tell them that you can't get AIDS by sharing toasters:p:) but anyway. Yeah, I'm pretty sure toasters and kettles are provided.
Master Polhem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IChem)
I shall be bringing a sandwich toaster for myself seeing as A) I already have one and B) the accommodation contract says that you shouldn't share sandwich toasters (maybe someone needs to talk to the SAC and tell them that you can't get AIDS by sharing toasters:p:) but anyway. Yeah, I'm pretty sure toasters and kettles are provided.
Bring some of that French cheese as well. Salut.
feroz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bringing a sandwich maker and a small personal rice cooker (I'm an Indian sod, I need my rice). Apart from that, nothing except the usual pot and pan.
IChem
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Master Polhem)
Bring some of that French cheese as well. Salut.
Ooh la la! If I did zat I might find mahself rahzer unpopulair due to ze stink of ze cheez!

That being said, camembert and ham is about as close as you can get to an orgasm when using a sandwich maker.
Stef90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IChem)
Ooh la la! If I did zat I might find mahself rahzer unpopulair due to ze stink of ze cheez!

That being said, camembert and ham is about as close as you can get to an orgasm when using a sandwich maker.
I beg to differ. Now Roquefort, that's a REAL man's cheese
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads