Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
JoeJBB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
Are you sure that we can send a separate Personal Statement for a particular course? I don't think it's the case for the London School of Economics. I tried to send a separate Personal Statement for MSc Management but the admission officer told me not to do so. I will quote this.

It could be different for the Law dept though
Yeah, but Loeweloewe said they had personal correspondence, ie. and admissions tutor said 'it's fine to send us a seperate PS', so I'd believe what the admissions tutor said to them :P

J
Jong Il Kim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoeJBB)
Yeah, but Loeweloewe said they had personal correspondence, ie. and admissions tutor said 'it's fine to send us a seperate PS', so I'd believe what the admissions tutor said to them :P
Well, my point is that I don't understand why some admission tutors say that applicants may send a separate PS, while others state that candidates are not allowed to send one. :rolleyes: They could have been more consistent with those matters.
JoeJBB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, my point is that I don't understand why some admission tutors say that applicants may send a separate PS, while others state that candidates are not allowed to send one. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, good point. Maybe the admissions tutor you spoke to just isn't sympathetic towards totalitarian dictators
jc_bach
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
Conditional (pre-qualiiations) or Unconditional (post qualification)
Wrong. YOu can have an unconditional offer even before you sat the exam. It can be due to several reasons: one of them is VERY good/sound grades in GCSE....Anyway, read the Applicant Guide of UCAS, you know more about the details.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoeJBB)
Oh yeah, good point. Maybe the admissions tutor you spoke to just isn't sympathetic towards totalitarian dictators
perhaps :cool: but that totalitarian dictatorship could definitely bring me an offer I believe :p:
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jc_bach)
Wrong. YOu can have an unconditional offer even before you sat the exam. It can be due to several reasons: one of them is VERY good/sound grades in GCSE....Anyway, read the Applicant Guide of UCAS, you know more about the details.

Er...I don't think so.

Have you a source for this information?
Roundabout
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Economics and Management, Merton College, University of Oxford
Looks like Merton will be significantly oversubscribed this year. You are the fourth person (including me) on TSR applying for E&M at Merton.
dreamer04
Report 10 years ago
name:dreamer04
course:maths and econ
obtained A level grades:AAAaa(maths,econ,chem,fma ths(AS) and bio(AS))
predicted A level grades(doing Fmaths A level and further maths additional AS level during gap year):AAAAaa
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No decisions today yet then!
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
No decisions today yet then!
It reli turns into alternate MONDAYS LOL
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tribalium)
It reli turns into alternate MONDAYS LOL
Or Fridays...I just think that LSE sent the decisions to UCAS on Friday, but UCAS took until Monday to process them.
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Economist1)
Or Fridays...I just think that LSE sent the decisions to UCAS on Friday, but UCAS took until Monday to process them.
That might be a possibility...Then it might not shatter our previous assumption of only having to check track once a week for LSE!
splee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well..... So offers will come out this Friday?
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by splee)
Well..... So offers will come out this Friday?
I don't think so. If you look at last year. There were a bunch of rejections on the 9th November, but the offers didn't come until 30th November...
Deipnosophist123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not convinced, though I could EASILY be wrong. I just think that UCAS is very efficient with these things.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
I don't think so. If you look at last year. There were a bunch of rejections on the 9th November, but the offers didn't come until 30th November...
So it seems they are shortlisting candidates now :rolleyes:
Deipnosophist123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Very few of these rejections seem to be documented in the official 2008 applicants topic I'm confused...
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deipnosophist123)
Very few of these rejections seem to be documented in the official 2008 applicants topic I'm confused...
not on the first page. But if you scroll through to about page 10, to posts made on the 9th, there are a BUNCH of rejections.
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
not on the first page. But if you scroll through to about page 10, to posts made on the 9th, there are a BUNCH of rejections.
well I really hope they are shortlisting the oxbridge/ early oct applicants
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope so too... applied 6th October and haven't heard anything yet.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads