Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just been given an assessment day for mischon de reya! finally! anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone ever heard back from Barclays Legal w/ex? Or got a telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VS2015TC2017)
    Did they get back to you automatically or did you have to remind them again? I'm really confused with what they're doing
    They got back to me without prompting. It all seems very, very late in the day for a recruitment process for a summer scheme..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    just been given an assessment day for mischon de reya! finally! anyone else?
    Same here! At long last - worth the wait! 27th May?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting to hear from vwv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryTupper33)
    Is anyone still waiting to hear from vwv?
    I am too but someone has already had an offer for the work placement on this forum. I emailed grad recruitment however and they said that they are still processing applications so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveowls123)
    Just wondering if anyone ever heard back from Barclays Legal w/ex? Or got a telephone interview?
    Never heard back, it's strange because none of my friends did either :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Never heard back, it's strange because none of my friends did either :/

No I haven't heard either, neither have any of my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benbutterworth)
    Same here! At long last - worth the wait! 27th May?
    yep same one! i'll see you there. it's one day before one of my exams so i'm not looking forward to rushing back to nottingham...

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered a telephone interview for the Barclays scheme, way past their deadline but happy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Just been offered a telephone interview for the Barclays scheme, way past their deadline but happy days.
    You heard literally just now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    You heard literally just now?
    Yeah, email came through about 10 minutes ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a Barclay's telephone interview as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_23)
    I got a Barclay's telephone interview as well!
    Congrats. Wonder what our telephone interview will involve, and why they took so long to get back to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from Gibson Dunn ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Very important.

Most firms will ask for them either during your vacation scheme or prior to making a decision on a TC. For those that don't, if you get a TC most firms will make the offer conditional upon you receiving a 2.1 or above. The TC on boarding process/reference checks would pick up if you haven't achieved a 2.1.

As long as your grades are consistent with your previous grades or have improved there's no issue though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would a drop of 1 or 2% from 66.5% be worrying?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    I emailed them a few days ago and she replied today asking me when I finish exams.... I think there's a chance the recruitment manager only work once a week or something....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    No I haven't heard either, neither have any of my friends
    I received an email yesterday inviting me to a telephone interview, irritatingly the dates clash with another scheme :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Finally got my PFO today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GalBal)
    Would a drop of 1 or 2% from 66.5% be worrying?

Thanks!
    No. In my experience as long as you're consistently at a 2:1 (i.e. 60+) with the odd slip down into the 2:2 range, you are fine at most firms as some uni departments may mark harsher than others, people do different modules etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.