Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    It's true tbh :lol:

It does bring down the overall quality massively. It's always really bad banter, that is really cringey to read, and really frequent which is the worst part i think.

zurich's aggressive comments. Is he always on a bender these days :lol:

Arsenal will buy a defensive midfielder imo, and not buy a striker. You will also buy a central defender. That will be it. You can tell he wants to use Walcott/Sanchez in that central position as well as rating Giroud and Sanogo.
    Agree with this. Although I'm not even SURE he'll buy a DM and CB, just very very hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Fair enough I guess I missed him saying this. Didn't Di maria force a move and Ancelotti was reluctant to sell? I don't know if I've seen anything of Khedira wanting to do the same but as you said above I think the most likely situation is for him to be going to Bayern. Links with him an Arsenal just seem to be paper gossip
    That's what Real like to do...

They make it look like the player decided to leave. In reality Real just gave him a contract that they'd knew he refuse, then he got annoyed, handed in a request(so he loses his bonus when he leaves, good economics) and then left.

Real essentially forced him out. Same way that when they sold Ozil they put bad press in his favour, same for Higuain they tried to sell him almost 3 seasons in a row, then when Higuain said he wanted to leave he told everybody the truth. It makes it look like Higuain wanted to go but he didn't, Real wanted him to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)

They make it look like the player decided to leave. In reality Real just gave him a contract that they'd knew he refuse, then he got annoyed, handed in a request(so he loses his bonus when he leaves, good economics) and then left.

Real essentially forced him out. Same way that when they sold Ozil they put bad press in his favour, same for Higuain they tried to sell him almost 3 seasons in a row, then when Higuain said he wanted to leave he told everybody the truth. It makes it look like Higuain wanted to go but he didn't, Real wanted him to go.
    Exactly right. The only issue in this case would be if Khedeira knew he had an offer from Bayern in a years time, meaning he would reject contract offers from other clubs and wait a year despite Madrid's effort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Agree with this. Although I'm not even SURE he'll buy a DM and CB, just very very hopeful.
    I think the signs are there that he will spend on a midfielder, though it is difficult to speculate who it might be currently. Wenger obviously really likes Arteta, so more than likely for me he will buy an upcoming talent who is ready to step in for him, and gradually push Arteta out.

A central defender will happen too. Wenger isn't going to sell Vermaelen if there is no replacement lined up. Chambers is too young and raw as a talent to be anything more than 4th choice at the moment. Failure to secure these two types of player would be baffling. I still feel not going for a striker is a big risk too, as Arsenal will struggle in that role for the first half of the season at the very least i believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Illarramendi is such a strange signing. So much money for someone the manager has such little faith in.

With Khedeira gone, that leaves Illarramendi, Alonso, Modric and Kroos for the deep lying positions. That's pretty good depth. I can't see Khedeira going to Bayern for free next year, with the money Madrid love to spend, they have to be making big money when they can and right now Khedeira is a great option for that.
    Well Illarramendi was getting games when Alonso was injured initially. Real Sociedad were not going to sell unless you paid the release clause and Alonso is shot nowadays. Like with Gerrard and Pirlo needs protection ahead of him so he can do his passing. It's why Ancelotti changed to 4-3-3 this season and used Di Maria in CM.

Khedira supposedly may be deciding to go to Bayern Lewandowski style so won't renew. Bayern don't need him as of yet anyway. Kroos ain't a deep lying playmaker in a 4-3-3, in a 4-2-3-1 yeah but he's not got the positioning required or the defensive work rate. Illarramendi knows that Real are lacking a DM and Alonso is slowly losing it. It makes sense in that point of view if he's patient enough. Although Isco move sounds weird now that James Rodriguez has been bought, surely this puts the nail in the coffin for him.

Ancelotti is a genius when it comes to fitting world class players in a system(Di Maria in CM, Pirlo as the DM) so he'll find a way to get the players to work. Think he'll start Illarramendi over Alonso later on in this season and play a more narrow formation like a diamond, Bale as AM and Ronaldo+Benzema as strikers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Exactly right. The only issue in this case would be if Khedeira knew he had an offer from Bayern in a years time, meaning he would reject contract offers from other clubs and wait a year despite Madrid's effort?
    That's what I think has happened. I think since Kroos went to Madrid for cheap. Bayern are trying to get one back by getting Khedira, who isn't their most priced asset but a pricey asset nonetheless to come to them for free.

It's just politics and economics from Bayern. Bayern know they can't compete financially with Madrid, they're more on the levels of Chelsea financially and in pulling power in terms of player profile so they have to be making more astute signings.

ReputationRep:

No, he most likely wants to leave. As soon as last summer's transfer window closed, Khedira gave hints about preferring to leave the club; rumours about the winter window popped up, but then he got injured. Of course it's possible that the ultimate reason for him leaving was that Madrid tried "forcing him out", whatever that means in this case, but that's impossible to determine considering they a) didn't enable him to move last summer although he would have liked to, b) they offered him a new contract, which was not the case for Özil, and c) supported him throughout his injury.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Fair enough I guess I missed him saying this. Didn't Di maria force a move and Ancelotti was reluctant to sell? I don't know if I've seen anything of Khedira wanting to do the same but as you said above I think the most likely situation is for him to be going to Bayern. Links with him an Arsenal just seem to be paper gossip
    I don't see him moving to Bayern at all, imo that is just journalists speculating based on the assumption that a) they think Bayern would replace Kroos and b) Khedira is German, which seems to be a codeword for Bayern. But first, Khedira doesn't fit their profile at all, second, Bayern have good youngsters in that position on the verge of breaking through into the first team, and third, it's completely untypical of Bayern to sign another club's leftovers after selling one of their best players to them. Khedira moving to Bayern this summer could make sense since Schweinsteiger is injured and Javi will be out for the majority of the season, but that's as good as out of question; next season they don't really need him with Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Rode, Højbjerg, Thiago, Javi all competing for Khedira's spot.

As I said above, statements coming out of Madrid usually don't mean anything, so we'll know about Khedira the moment the window closes; but it's not exactly far-fetched to believe that Khedira actually prefers to stay for a year. Although it doesn't look like it on paper, he's more likely to get playing time this season than last season and probably hopes for a better wage next year moving on a free and after a season that he (as things stand) didn't spend in the medical centre. As for Di María, he's made hints about wanting to leave since last summer as well, but while Ancelotti preferred to keep him (and thus said he's not for sale), the difference is that he's more likely to generate a big sum for RM, which is why they'd need to sell him more urgently than Khedira. Of course he's also 5x as important as Khedira to their system, but in these questions Peréz, i.e. economical issues, always beats the coach, i.e. sporting issues.

That's what I think has happened. I think since Kroos went to Madrid for cheap. Bayern are trying to get one back by getting Khedira, who isn't their most priced asset but a pricey asset nonetheless to come to them for free.

It's just politics and economics from Bayern. Bayern know they can't compete financially with Madrid, they're more on the levels of Chelsea financially and in pulling power in terms of player profile so they have to be making more astute signings.
    Politics that would be a complete novum from Bayern and don't fit their usual behaviour at all. Strongly doubt they offered him anything yet; the only reason why they'd need him is Schweini's and Javi's injuries, and they won't have these issues next season. Also, they really didn't need to sell Kroos, so I doubt selling him bugged them at all or enough to try to get a player of Khedira's profile (i.e. not Bayrisch at all) as a replacement, this or next summer. They have more fitting options in their own ranks and in the BuLi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    No, he most likely wants to leave. As soon as last summer's transfer window closed, Khedira gave hints about preferring to leave the club; rumours about the winter window popped up but then he got injured.
    Was talking about Di Maria. Not Khedira. I know Khedira wanted to leave.

Politics that would be a complete novum from Bayern and don't fit their usual behaviour at all. Strongly doubt they offered him anything yet; the only reason why they'd need him is Schweini's and Javi's injuries, and they won't have these issues next season.
    Javi would play CB anyway as Bayern are transitioning to a back 3. Don't think that's a problem, which was why Benatia rumours popped up second Javi got injured and why he's stalling on a United move. Well I was using more the Lewandowski deal, which while it's not a systematic weakening of Madrid, Khedira is still a good player with a lot of value. Even if they get him for free and sell him a season later because whoever Bayern want to use in midfield plays over him. It makes financial sense. He gets €130k wages, that's €6.5M plus about 1/2M euros. He can sell for about €30M the season after that to a team like United/Liverpool. They make €20M profit. That's my reasoning as to why I think they may get him for free.

Although won't be surprised if Khedira even signs a new deal, maybe the unhappiness was them selling Ozil.

Also why do you think that he'll play more for Madrid? Case of replacing Di Maria's work rate? His attacking qualities aren't there like Di Maria and he's not a good enough no.6 on his own if Madrid play 4-3-3. Reminds me of a worse version of Essien.

ReputationRep:
    im tripping out like **** here. just had poached eggs who i said martin keown could cook better. grandad has no clue who keown is tho

if this was only fools and horses this would literally be down the nags head.....
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Well you did suggest 40m + Giroud for Zlatan..
    Nope. I said I would rather bid that much for Zlatan than Cavani, even if we didn't get him (we wouldn't), I would still rather bid that much because I don't think Cavani is worth that much. Just like I would rather bid for Messi than Chamakh.

ReputationRep:
    Was talking about Di Maria. Not Khedira. I know Khedira wanted to leave.
    Fair enough, I think the same applies for AdM though. All the statements he's made since the beginning of last summer were of the tenor that he didn't feel commited to the club; in the (non-Marca or RM-influenced) press and among RM fans it's been more or less an open secret that he wanted out. Of course Peréz is probably interested in making good money from selling him, so there's certainly that factor that made them less reluctant and perhaps very open to sell him, but it's in no way comparable to the Özil, Snejder, Robben situations where players really got "forced out".

Javi would play CB anyway as Bayern are transitioning to a back 3. Don't think that's a problem, which was why Benatia rumours popped up second Javi got injured and why he's stalling on a United move.
    Naturally. But first, Bayern were linked to Benatia (as well as several other CBs) long before Javi got injured so the CB interest was there and Javi by no means their first-choice CB but rather an option for both positions, and second, that's (Schweini, Thiago, Javi injured) the only reason the Khedira-Bayern links in the press got strong in the past few days and the only senseful reasoning most of the gossip articles used (hence why the "Khedira to Bayern in 2015" conclusion comes a bit out of nowhere, even on the back of that speculation; plus even Bild as well as the reliable Munich press said there was "nothing to it at all").

Well I was using more the Lewandowski deal, which while it's not a systematic weakening of Madrid, Khedira is still a good player with a lot of value. Even if they get him for free and sell him a season later because whoever Bayern want to use in midfield plays over him. It makes financial sense. He gets €130k wages, that's €6.5M plus about 1/2M euros. He can sell for about €30M the season after that to a team like
    United/Liverpool. They make €20M profit. That's my reasoning as to why I think they may get him for free.

Although won't be surprised if Khedira even signs a new deal, maybe the unhappiness was them selling Ozil.
    Don't think Bayern are extending their "weakening ground" beyond the German border; perhaps they'd do it if given the chance, but doubt they'd go as far as securing a player who doesn't fit them at all, who'd steal playing time off their academy players, and whom the manager doesn't seem to rate, just to take revenge on a foreign club for buying a player that they didn't mind losing or make profit they really don't need and that's relatively small considering their numbers. But more importantly, it's not like Bayern at all to take another club's leftovers after giving one of their best players to them, that'd really put "mia san mia" to shame. It's all speculation though, and it's going off-topic.

Also why do you think that he'll play more for Madrid? Case of replacing Di Maria's work rate? His attacking qualities aren't there like Di Maria and he's not a good enough no.6 on his own if Madrid play 4-3-3. Reminds me of a worse version of Essien.
    He's not injured, Ancelotti rates him, he's more versatile than Alonso and can play 2 mf roles in a 4-3-3 as well as be used in a different system should Ancelotti shift Modric deeper. Simply more chances to play. But again, that's going off-topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    im tripping out like **** here. just had poached eggs who i said martin keown could cook better. grandad has no clue who keown is tho

if this was only fools and horses this would literally be down the nags head.....
    What have you taken?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    lol at you making fun of zurich when ur the second biggest joke of this forum. biggest joke is arkasia. funny enough you both changed your names around the same time. best buds for life aye

**** posts and laughing stocks while being beta ******s you guys have a lot in common.
    I feel honored. You people are so aggressive and try to tear others apart for sharing opinions or comments. I noticed that the most aggressive members of this forum rarely post their own ideas, either too scared to post them, or not actually having any of your own besides tearing others down.

As for the name change, I changed mine because yessss I didddd was stalking me, not sure about Luke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I feel honored. You people are so aggressive and try to tear others apart for sharing opinions or comments. I noticed that the most aggressive members of this forum rarely post their own ideas, either too scared to post them, or not actually having any of your own besides tearing others down.

As for the name change, I changed mine because yessss I didddd was stalking me, not sure about Luke.
    Jam doesn't post his ideas?

Never heard that one before LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Jam doesn't post his ideas?

Never heard that one before LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since I have been on here (not including today), I haven't noticed him posting his ideas. Perhaps he has in the past, but all people like him and Zurich seem to do is try and be angry little WUMs. You wonder why threads like this die, perhaps it is because you treat newcomers like pieces of crap, and anyone who isn't in your 'alpha crews' is immediately singled out and destroyed. I don't know what Luke did because he was being targeted before I got here, but I know all this rubbish with you lot started because I made one admittedly stupid comment about Welbeck. Then members of this forum took it upon themselves to not only **** off my ideas, but make personal comments, go beyond this forum to mock me (going through my personal facebook), and generally trying to make my life hell ANY time I try to post on topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    What have you taken?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    few shrooms with some irish lads on a stag last night

ReputationRep:
    Top stuff, keep on steaming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Since I have been on here (not including today), I haven't noticed him posting his ideas. Perhaps he has in the past, but all people like him and Zurich seem to do is try and be angry little WUMs. You wonder why threads like this die, perhaps it is because you treat newcomers like pieces of crap, and anyone who isn't in your 'alpha crews' is immediately singled out and destroyed. I don't know what Luke did because he was being targeted before I got here, but I know all this rubbish with you lot started because I made one admittedly stupid comment about Welbeck. Then members of this forum took it upon themselves to not only **** off my ideas, but make personal comments, go beyond this forum to mock me (going through my personal facebook), and generally trying to make my life hell ANY time I try to post on topic.
    I say it again, but people who go that far obviously have got mental issues anyway, so don't take any notice, as you know there lives are ****ed up. There's always the step when someone takes things personal that that is always trolling too far, and will generally only be from people who i would actually feel sorry for anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Was going to say lay off the shrooms lol.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I say it again, but people who go that far obviously have got mental issues anyway, so don't take any notice, as you know there lives are ****ed up. There's always the step when someone takes things personal that that is always trolling too far, and will generally only be from people who i would actually feel sorry for anyway.
    Hard to ignore them when quite a few other posters on this thread either agree with them or support them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.