Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    after everything israel done, you cant seriously expect palestinians to love them?
    Always an excuse for their murderous ways eh?

'palestininians' - always the victims, it's never their fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Always an excuse for their murderous ways eh?

'palestininians' - always the victims, it's never their fault.
    ah yes. thats true. Its Hamas and Zionist right wingers war. palestinians are in the middle of this.

ReputationRep:
    It quite obviously has little to do with islam and more to do with the fact that they are being bombed to smithereens by Israel. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    end of the day Israel has the bigger, better and more expensive toys, way of the world, 50 years from now Palestine won't exist... maybe faster if they keep poking the big Jewish bear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radicalathiest)
    You're right they do

but only one side had a victory parade

now the question is if they see what happened as a victory who are we to say otherwise?
    Again, I don't think the dead children or their families were in the victory parade... I see your point though, maybe I'm being overly idealistic with it all. If they want war, what can we do? Can't get past such a horrendous waste of life though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubadeeboop)
    50 years from now Palestine won't exist...
    It doesn't exist and never has existed as a state.

Insha'allah we will never see this monstrous 'palestinian' terrorist state emerge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Again, I don't think the dead children or their families were in the victory parade...
    How do you know?

But yes if they want war and seek death (they do say they love death more than we love life) what can be done.

Sad but better just leave them too it and try (It's hard sometimes) not to take sides

ReputationRep:
    Of course all these people support rocket fire on Israel - Hamas is achieving their goal of manipulating the Palestinians to believe that the Israeli soldiers are murderers and they don't want peace.

All the Palestinians see are the attacks coming from Israel, and the attacks thrown back at Israel from Gaza. Many of them will not understand that Israel is not trying to attack Palestine as a state, but the Islamist murderers who are trying to gain power by brainwashing.

Hamas are responsible for the misinformation that so many helpless people have no choice but to believe. I think people are forgetting that Hamas are the evil ones, just like the Islamic State which is terrorising Iraq and Syria.

Nb. I am not saying anything bad about Islam as a religion. Only the Hamas and Islamic State (ISIS) and the rest of the Islamic extremists threatening places such as the Kenyan Coast.

ReputationRep:
    What a disgusting post.

You belong in ISIS/Hamas.
    Relax, that obviously came across bad... I'm not saying Israeli people deserve to have missiles fired at them at all... the real culprits here are Hamas and the Israeli Government who are being selfish and putting their own people at risk. They both have blood on their hands and should be bought to justice.

ISIS? **** that

ReputationRep:
    They hate people who have denied their freedom and demoted them to second class citizens for decades, and also enjoy leveling schools and hospital? Alert the press

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Max)
    Oh my you racist 89% is a small minority!

I dont support Israel. I dont support Palestine. I think both countries need to STFU and sit their asses down!
    see the problem here is Palestine according to Israel is not a country and doesn't deserve to exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the north)
    see the problem here is Palestine according to Israel is not a country and doesn't deserve to exist
    You have that arse about.

Both were given the option of becoming new countries. Palestine declined Israel didn't

since then the people of trans Jordan have failed repeatably through might to destroy the state of Israel and crated there own state of Palestine on Israeli land

this should have been resolved in the 50's but it's too late to wind the clocks back and if the people of what is left of trans Jordan want a state they need to show they can act like a state and not a terrorist organization

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with that? I bet more Israelites support genocide of Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    What's wrong with that? I bet more Israelites support genocide of Palestine.
    It's a bet you'd lose

and you can't genocide a country :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yet Hamas have since admitted that they carried it out :rolleyes:
    One senior figure claimed responsibility, several others have denied it. Several experts have said they don't believe Hamas did it, or at least the perpetrators were a rogue cell operating outside the main organisation.

Claiming responsibility doesn't mean the claim is true - terrorist groups quite often claim responsibility for things they had no connection. For example, Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for 7/7, yet no evidence has ever been found connecting them to it and indeed the profiles of the bombers suggest they were not connected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radicalathiest)
    You have that arse about.

Both were given the option of becoming new countries. Palestine declined Israel didn't
    This is an oft-repeated claim. It's misleading for several reasons:

1. It's taking the opinions of the 'official' leaders of the sides, who in both cases were designated, and in the Palestinians' case directly appointed, by the British, as the opinions of the sides in general. It ignores the fact that both sides had a range of opinion. Many prominent figures on the Arab side, such as the King of Jordan, accepted partition, and many on the Zionist side, such as Irgun and Lehi, did not.

2. It assumes that the Jewish Agency's acceptance of the plan was sincere, which there is no reason to do. They had largely already decided before the Partition Plan that they wanted to expel large numbers of Arabs from any future Jewish state. It is just as feasible that they regarded the plan as a temporary solution which they pragmatically accepted, knowing they would be able to expand the borders of Israel by force at a later date.

3. The plan was quite blatantly biased towards the Jews. They made up only a third of the population, the vast bulk of whom were recent immigrants and many of whom had practically just got off the boats, and owned just 7% of the land, but were allocated more than half the territory in the Partition Plan. The borders of the plan had been drawn almost entirely with regard to where Jewish communities were located rather than also taking into account Arab communities: 1 in 3 Arabs found themselves located in the area allocated to the Jewish state, compared to just 1 in 60 Jews in the area allocated to the Arab state.

since then the people of trans Jordan have failed repeatably through might to destroy the state of Israel and crated there own state of Palestine on Israeli land

this should have been resolved in the 50's but it's too late to wind the clocks back and if the people of what is left of trans Jordan want a state they need to show they can act like a state and not a terrorist organization
    Er, Palestine has never been called Transjordan - that's what the area which is now Jordan used to be called. Palestine has occasionally been known as Cisjordan, but that's as close as it gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Funny how just over a year ago, polls showed most were opposed to rocket fire: http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Pol...tinians-309372

Maybe, just maybe the IDF destruction turned more Gazans to support them? Wild theory I know.:rolleyes:
    and then exactly what hamas and islamists wanted ?....Wild theory I know.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I urge everyone to sign this petition for the UK government to stop arming Israel. The Gaza qar has ended but Palestine is still under a brutal occupation.

http://foa.org.uk/page/petition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    and then exactly what hamas and islamists wanted ?....Wild theory I know.:rolleyes:
    So Israel, supposedly trying to destroy Hamas, gave them exactly what they wanted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    So Israel, supposedly trying to destroy Hamas, gave them exactly what they wanted?
    pretty much. islamists work on grand agendas of conquest, but also smaller sub-battles of propaganda, raising support etc. the quickest way to get support is to get the enemy to kill a lot of your sacrificial civilians and then make youtube videos. most activists are stupid and guillable. why do you think hamas always instigated conflcit from within civilian gazan locations, based themselves ina hospital, hide their rockets in shcools etc?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.