Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    And if I'm not mistaken, shias have an Issue with Aisha may Allah be pleased with her, and Abu Bakr. This shia woman told me and I was gob-smacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eaalim.com/download/index...and-islam.html

ReputationRep:
    Is it fard to read jamat when it is held ? The thing is I sometimes run on a tight shedule like I have to go to the train station on time because if I miss the train I will get late for work and have to wait an hour to get the other train. Therfore when jamat is held I read at the back on my own just to speed things up and get to work on time. Usually if I have time I will read jamat.

But is it permissible to miss jamat if really necessary ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    And if I'm not mistaken, shias have an Issue with Aisha may Allah be pleased with her, and Abu Bakr. This shia woman told me and I was gob-smacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They have an issue with her because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Camel

ReputationRep:
    It was said to Aisha "A man said you are not his mother." She replied "He said the truth. I am the mother of the believers not the mother of the hypocrites."

[Adab al-Shar'ia, Al-ajeri 5/2393]

ReputationRep:
    On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (ﷺ), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

ReputationRep:
    Salam Alaikum WaRahmatullah, I'm gonna be taking a break from here. Not been very active anyway to be honest.

And btw, I'm very sick so if you could spare some dua I would be grateful he he.

JazakAllahu khayran, salam.

ReputationRep:
    Wa alaikumasalam wa rahmatullah

May Allah Grant You Healing Ameen.

Im also ill. Please make dua.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Peace be with you.

Shia muslims do not consider every single wife of Muhammed pbuh to be the most highest in character. For instance, we hear of wives of other Prophets in the Quran being far from exemplary people. Some were exemplary, the highest in position is the Lady Khadija, may Allah swt be pleased with her. Others are Umm Salama, etc

There are a minority of individuals who are not considered within the vast majority of shia's, and the ulema rightly condemn them, who falsely accuse Aisha the wife of Muhammed pbuh of Adultry. This is rejected by shia muslims, and the Ijma of scholars.

However, because we get our sunnah of Muhammed pbuh by examining the character and behaviour of everyone who allegedly narrated from him, and knowing the characters enables to give an academic and unemotional account about how events occurred, the socio-political contexts and dimensions, it is key for us to examine the behaviors.

No shia has a right to use insulting words towards Aisha, i.e swear words, random unislamic insults. This is behavior considered impermissible.

However, we are allowed to use the Quran and quote the Holy Quran.

I'll give you an example:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 436:
    Narrated Ibn Abbas:
    I intended to ask 'Umar so I said, "Who were those two ladies who tried to back each other against the Prophet?" I hardly finished my speech when he said, They were 'Aisha and Hafsa."

There was even a verse warning the wives who lied to Muhammed pbuh, in an attempt to cause disunity between him and another wife out of jealousy.

Holy Quran:
    If you two (wives of the Prophet SAW, namely 'Aishah and Hafsah radhiallahu'anhu) turn in repentance to Allah, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet SAW likes), but if you help one another against him (Muhammad SAW), then verily, Allah is his Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.), and Jibrael (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.

I could list example after example of things like this. While i have absolutely no right to insult, swear at, mock Aisha the wife of Muhammed pbuh, should i really be given gasps and called a borderline kaffir for saying such an individual can not be considered a loyal pious and among the best of women , if the Quran itself said they were inclined to oppose what the blessed Prophet pbuh liked, out of jealousy of another wife to cause disunity towards them? Should this not be a clear and crystal warning for me when i examine any claim they make?

Aisha is the mother of the believers, primarily because she can not - like the other wives- marry any man apart from Muhammed pbuh.

ReputationRep:
    Salam Alaikum WaRahmatullah, I'm gonna be taking a break from here. Not been very active anyway to be honest.

And btw, I'm very sick so if you could spare some dua I would be grateful he he.

JazakAllahu khayran, salam.
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Wa alaikumasalam wa rahmatullah

May Allah Grant You Healing Ameen.

Im also ill. Please make dua.
    I will make a dua for both of you my dear brother and sister , and for every sick individual, muslim or non-muslim. May the lord of all things help us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    They have an issue with her because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Camel
    Not only because of the battle of Jamal but it is certainly one of the reasons. Islam post-Muhammed pbuh was not a Utopia of peace and agreement. 50 years after his death, and his Grandson Hussain a.s was slaughtered on the plains of Kerbala, and guess who the ruler of muslims was at the time? Yazid, a man who drank Alcohol.

Between the death of Muhammed pbuh and the slaughtering of Hussain a.s, was surely a period of 50 years where the roots of chaos were sown, strengthened, watered and allowed to flourish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Not only because of the battle of Jamal but it is certainly one of the reasons. Islam post-Muhammed pbuh was not a Utopia of peace and agreement. 50 years after his death, and his Grandson Hussain a.s was slaughtered on the plains of Kerbala, and guess who the ruler of muslims was at the time? Yazid, a man who drank Alcohol.

Between the death of Muhammed pbuh and the slaughtering of Hussain a.s, was surely a period of 50 years where the roots of chaos were sown, strengthened, watered and allowed to flourish.
    The Umayyad dynasty was...interesting.

ReputationRep:
    More than interesting. You see, the Umayyads did not spring into power by Muawiyah. It was sown before, their position strengthened. The route of mishaps and a lot of problems in the Ummah rest squarely on the question of leadership after Muhammed pbuh, for it is this single decision that was so influential in shaping the geography, socio-economic-political state of the Ummah, as well as we see it today.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if you get time, could you send me the secular view on the Bani Umayyah, and where your personal source of history of Islam comes from? (Maybe by PM) as part of our debate on that other thread.

ReputationRep:
    I will make a dua for both of you my dear brother and sister , and for every sick individual, muslim or non-muslim. May the lord of all things help us all.

Thank you, (I'm not ill but thought that was very kind)

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if you get time, could you send me the secular view on the Bani Umayyah, and where your personal source of history of Islam comes from? (Maybe by PM) as part of our debate on that other thread.
    Gabriel Said Reynolds' this book is an accessible summary of modern scholarship on early Islam. GSR's Twitter: https://twitter.com/theologygsr if you want to contact him for any specific questions

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I thought tpos was acting really strangely until some of you guys here said her account got hacked

Who would want to hack her account and why? I think this is somehow connected to the messages on her blog/twitter/whatever it was

Who is doing this :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.